• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon 2 |OT| Rock You Like a Huracan

Tokubetsu

iqmw68W2Djbw3.jpg

iGITQG97gNZB9.jpg

Game is great, believe the hype =)

ekim

gnaaah... I want to play it tonight :/
Any way to redeem a US gift card online thus I can buy it from the US Store?
My console is still set to German region

derFeef

gnaaah... I want to play it tonight :/
Any way to redeem a US gift card online thus I can buy it from the US Store?
My console is still set to German region

Just do it on Xbox.com :)
Set the region to US on the bottom - redeem your US code, purchase the game, turn on your Xbox, set region to US, start to download... :)

RyudBoy

Simply amazing! I can't get over how much fun I'm having just driving around while totally ignoring the main objectives. It really is the perfect driving game.

Some stats so far:

Time driven - 54:15
Number of races - 1
Overall completion - 0.7%

Haha! The way I'm currently playing the game (all HUD and GPS turned off while driving in cockpit view) it's going to take a very long time to finish the single player portion. And then, I still have multiplayer to look forward to, although I'll probably check that out once I unlock it.

Now, back to cruuuuis'n around.

ekim

Just do it on Xbox.com :)
Set the region to US on the bottom - redeem your US code, purchase the game, turn on your Xbox, set region to US, start to download... :)

Wait - it won't download (preload in this case) automatically because it's still set to German Region? :eek:

edit: just bought 65$ in gift cards at target.

ekim

No idea, but I don't see any reason why it should not start preloading!

Because the console isn't set to US Region.

btw: how long does it take Target.com to deliver the gift codes? I haven't even received a PayPal payment EMail yet. :-/

derFeef

Because the console isn't set to US Region.

btw: how long does it take Target.com to deliver the gift codes? I haven't even received a PayPal payment EMail yet. :-/

But the game is available in your region too. When I switch regions it always shows the game, but the date for availabilty is different. Preloading is also available for de-DE - So why not give it a shot.

Have not bought codes from Target yet, sadly...

Why? I'm at work. Can I buy the game, go home during my lunch break and set the console to US then? :eek:

That's a good idea :)
But switch to US region on the website before!

nate75

Wait - it won't download (preload in this case) automatically because it's still set to German Region? :eek:

It will install just fine ,UK here just change region to start playing .Playing it right now instead of the 3rd :)

jorkila

Ah I'm talking about if you make the purchase via the console but I'm now seeing that that wasn't your plan, that should work just fine mate!!

Hana-Bi

It will download the game. You don't need to change your console from German to US to play (or download in your case) it early. Just buy it on xbox.com and you are ready to go.

ekim

It will download the game. You don't need to change your console from German to US to play (or download in your case) it early. Just buy it on xbox.com and you are ready to go.

Nice! :)

Now I just need the gift card codes from target... Hurry up! :(

moaaz

Quick question for UK guys having bought the US digital version. Do you have to leave xbox one set to US region to play the game?

I ask because I bought from the Indian marketplace of which the release date is 1st October so should be able to play tonight. Just wondering if I'll need to switch over to India region again to play or not.

G Rom

DLC cars are supposed to be free once right ? I have to pay for all of them at the moment.
I haven't had my Forza rewards, nor my VIP status/DLC either. Anyone experiencing the same ?

Edit : Well, looks like I'm not the only one regarding VIP.

RawNuts

My VIP membership is acting odd; I can buy all of the VIP cars at the autoshow, yet it isn't giving me the VIP bonus in the wheelspin, and isn't showing me a crown next to my name. Is anyone else having this issue?

are there multiple drivers you can use or is it just that one dude from the demo?
No, only Generic McDouche.

slapnuts

Gamersyde has tons of HQ videos !

the runaway train event looks so much fun

http://www.gamersyde.com/hqstream_forza_horizon_2_runaway_train-33122_en.html

(also, i wish dust being kicked up by cars going offroad looked like the smoke from the train, but i understand a dozen cars kicking up dust would be one hell of alpha sprites to render)

damn that looks like a ton of fun, i like that better than racing a plane...much better imho.

Also the dirt track portion of the racing gives me a feeling of the good old days as a youngling watching Dukes of Hazard!

I must admit i am kinda jealous i won't be playing this game as i don't have a X1 but fortunately i do have a PS4 so the long awaited Driveclub will finally be out which is basically a spiritual successor of Project Gothem Racing games, so either way, if your on X1 or PS4..no one is left out of some new-gen racing fun.

nate75

played 2 races just started to cruise around and then a damn powercut :( typical really considering im playing a few days early here in the UK

dragn

My VIP membership is acting odd; I can buy all of the VIP cars at the autoshow, yet it isn't giving me the VIP bonus in the wheelspin, and isn't showing me a crown next to my name. Is anyone else having this issue?

No, only Generic McDouche.

yea same here, i just bought the lambo from the vip but no crown or bonus at spinning

Dazzyman

played 2 races just started to cruise around and then a damn powercut :( typical really considering im playing a few days early here in the UK

Enjoy fellow UK gamer when power is restored. I bought a TX wheel for this and wheelstand pro and pre loaded the sp ed. wives going to play it first though as got Mordor as well to play :)

Label

The Amiga Brotherhood
Do you get better chances with the wheel spins with VIP? If so I guess I shall save all my spins until it is working!

HeliosT10

Hey all,

We're aware of the issues some of you are having with your VIP status and are looking at the problem. Thanks again for your patience whilst we get it sorted.

I take it the game has unlocked for everyone in the US now all ok?

Thanks Helios, I'm one of the bunch affected by the VIP bug. Glad to know you're working on a fix.

Outstanding game. Been grinning like a madman ever since it unlocked..

Hey all,

We're aware of the issues some of you are having with your VIP status and are looking at the problem. Thanks again for your patience whilst we get it sorted.

I take it the game has unlocked for everyone in the US now all ok?

How long before Forza 5 is fixed too? It's broken for a lot of folks on the October Preview.

psychotron

How long before Forza 5 is fixed too? It's broken for a lot of folks on the October Preview.

Yeah Forza 5 is screwed for me since the update. Even if I close it when it gets stuck loading, then other games won't even load unless I do a hard reset. Hopefully my VIP is working today when I finally get to play Horizon.

Top Bottom