• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon 2 |OT| Rock You Like a Huracan

Cushen

Neo Member
Another update on the Xbox service status page. This is now the 5th time they've told us to check back in 30 minutes.

Hawk269

I am on the West Coast and when I got home around 10:15pm, it was ready to go for me. Put in about an hour or so. Kind of weird that some are having problems. I did have an issue that the game would not load. I would get the intro, play ground logo, turn 10 logo etc. then it would go to a light black screen and just hang. Had to do a hard reset of the system and then it loaded fine.

Only issue as of right now is that my VIP and other free goodies are showing within the game as "purchased" but the cars are not in the garage. When I select the cars, I just get a message that the content is already downloaded, but I don't have access to those cars for some odd reason.

Outside of that, game is just fantastic so far. The little I played of it was very impressive, especially scenes where it begins to rain and get cloudy and then the sun starts to come out and how the reflections on the road and car just look great. Really impressed so far.

Orca

Unlocked for me about an hour ago. Tons of fun just ripping around the countryside, but a little annoying to not have access to photomode and some other things immediately.

My favourite Camaro was a starter car option, couldn't choose anything else :)

2L0FC5g.png

PA4pRYR.png

B3N1

Started from the pin on the dash, got to Store, updated status to 99% Installed, then it became available to Play.

The whole point of the pre order was to have it all downloaded so I wouldnt have to wait. If I had waited and just bought it at 12 I would be close to 60% done by now.

Hawk269

Oh man! The IQ in those screenshots is incredible. One of the cleanest console games out there.

Have fun guys!

Yeah, the IQ in the game is pretty insane. I am really blown away on how good this game looks and the fact that it is open world. It is just very impressive from what I played and I only have about an hour or so into the game. When you go to Nice, man the way the city looks at night is just spectacular.

Label

The Amiga Brotherhood
Oh man oh man I fucked up I re-installed to see if that would help currently at 40%

I HAVE MADE A HUGE MISTAKE!

derFeef

So if I have it preloaded, it should just unlock and I am good to go? No more downlodaing of any patches? I can check in a few hours only, sadly.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I like how all the shots so far seem to have picked the Camaro as the starter.

also...night time rain city drive.

GetPhoto.ashx

image.php

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Alright, so when I sign into the Xbox website and look at the Day One edition - it says I already purchased it.

https://store.xbox.com/en-CA/Xbox-O...db2-48c2-90a2-69ffbfd8969a#gameDetailsSection

But when I view the Day One edition on my Xbox One, it says it's 64.99. The only one that doesnt have a price on my Xbox One store is just the regular "Forza Horizon 2" which says unavailable.

When I preodered the deluxe version it came up as 69.99 (reduced from 79.99). Was it picking up my forza 5 VIP pass? If so that is useful to know because my Forza 5 and VIp pass are from the UK store, and horizon is from the U.S. store. So DLC is region free too?

Oh man oh man I fucked up I re-installed to see if that would help currently at 40%

I HAVE MADE A HUGE MISTAKE!

I bought a regular edition as my ultimate wouldn't unlock and I was able to start up the game at 20% downloaded.

If the game was unlocked on your account you should be able to play already.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Man, driving the tesla is so bizarre w/o any engine sound

you have to buy it from the shop (for free) which you can't do for quite a bit (3 road trips, 5 races iirc -- long ass tutorial)

Is there at least a way to filter it, or do you have to scroll through every car trying to remember which ones came in the pack?

Label

The Amiga Brotherhood
I bought a regular edition as my ultimate wouldn't unlock and I was able to start up the game at 20% downloaded.

If the game was unlocked on your account you should be able to play already.

Aww damn I am at 50% but it does not give me the option to start playing. Now do I bother risking restarting my console?

Cushen

Neo Member

To Join the club in-game, you'll simply find an existing member or search for the club tag "GAF" and throw in your request to join. P3trans will be heading up this effort, as they oversaw getting our reservation. The spreadsheet here is basically for confirmations and so players know who the heck everyone else is, because a lot of gamertags won't match with NeoGAF tags.

from car club thread http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=879722

Killer

Banned
To Join the club in-game, you'll simply find an existing member or search for the club tag "GAF" and throw in your request to join. P3trans will be heading up this effort, as they oversaw getting our reservation. The spreadsheet here is basically for confirmations and so players know who the heck everyone else is, because a lot of gamertags won't match with NeoGAF tags.

from car club thread http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=879722

My name is already in that spreadsheet and i can't access Club tab in game. does it unlock later?

I embarrassingly wrote this in the Destiny OT...but I just picked up an XBO for this. Unfortunately it launches in 2 days here in Australia, then another 2-3 days for postage.

Let your awesome experiences sustain me.

YES! It worked I am so happy! Fuck breakfast it's race time!

Enjoy you bastages.

Meanwhile I'm here at work, an hour late, meaning I have to leave an hour later, just so I could play horizon 2 for 5 mins....

I regret nothing.

Edit: I guess by how quiet this thread got all of a sudden that everyone has now counted to ten and is in Horizon.

ahartig

Loving the game so far. Just opened up Nice and realize there is sooooo much content. I assume there is a way to go back to the Castellot hub at some point to do more races in that area? It is currently grayed out and it Doesn't let me start races there, forcing me to race in Nice

Top Bottom