• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon 2 |OT| Rock You Like a Huracan

It's not that the subtitle is harmless and it's not that the internet needs a sense of humor, it's that the thread gets clogged up with more posts about it than about the game itself. Let there be a clean up or modification, or let there be a do-over with a neutral subtitle since there will be a console war/trash thread for direct comparisons.

So I guess we are just going to go back and forth over the title. Whether it is a good decision or not (I didn't mind it), it's clearly hogging the thread. I'm guessing that's not what anyone wants? May be reconsider the title so we can get back to talking about the game? Or we could continue arguing about it until everyone gets tired and unsubscribes. Time to make a choice, OP.
Forza Horizon 2 OT | Boromir was Right

VinFTW

I love how all the big releases this year so far have released several days before an exam or two for me....

Won't be able to play this and Shadow or Mordor till after the 3rd.

hipbabboom

Huh? What did I say? Did I screw up again? :(
People who care about this game should probably start steering the narrative of this thread back to the game and not all the drama.

GHG

Gold Member
You shouldn't need to put another game down in order to promote your own.

That's just bad form.

Thread needs to be restarted without the childish title.

Krilekk

Banned
Driveclub (OT) Racing more than Italy without hashtags

Forza Horizon 2 (OT2) They don't have Lambos, we do

Driveclub (OT2) Snow? Check!

Gestault

So I guess we are just going to go back and forth over the title. Whether it is a good decision or not (I didn't mind it), it's clearly hogging the thread. I'm guessing that's not what anyone wants? May be reconsider the title so we can get back to talking about the game? Or we could continue arguing about it until everyone gets tired and unsubscribes. Time to make a choice, OP.

To be fair, with the amount of conversation in the Demo/Soundtrack/Club threads, and still a week away from release, I feel like the conversation being about the title is almost to be expected. It's a new thing to react to. I wouldn't have chosen that title ("Rock you like a Huracán" was clearly the best choice), but I still see the title here as mild banter between similarly timed releases, and I even disagree with Fulton that it's in poor taste. I do think he's wise to call it out anyway, just in terms of being a good sport.

The tone of previous titles and posts considered completely acceptable (and funny) on Gaf have gone further than this. The new title should be #NOFUNALLOWED

Okay, it is getting absurd. Can we just all shut the fuck up about the title and talk about, you know, the actual goddam game?

Here are a list of the Achievements if anyone hasn't seen them yet. Should probably add them to the OP also.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Change it to Forza Horizon 2 |OT| #NOFUNALLOWED

image.php

viveks86

To be fair, with the amount of conversation in the Demo/Soundtrack/Club threads, and still a week away from release, I feel like the conversation being about the title is almost to be expected. It's a new thing to react to. I wouldn't have chosen that title ("Rock you like a Huracán" was clearly the best choice), but I still see the title here as mild banter between similarly timed releases, and I even disagree with Fulton that it's in poor taste. I do think he's wise to call it out anyway, just in terms of being a good sport.

The tone of previous titles and posts considered completely acceptable (and funny) on Gaf have gone further than this. The new title should be #NOFUNALLOWED

I agree. In fact I liked the title too. I just find the reactions a bit too overwhelming and annoying. It detracts from what the thread should be about, which isn't a good start for an OT.

The bottom line is that everyone comes in here to celebrate the game. If a harmless title gets in the way, might as well change it than take a stand and keep arguing.

I'm not against a bit of banter but I agree with changing the title, it's invitation for trouble.

If the title of this thread causes "trouble", and has to be changed, I think this marks a pretty low point for the maturity of this forum. It's a completely harmless play on words about another racer coming out a similar time as FH2. I can't even begin to wrap my brain around why that would upset anyone.

Forza Horizon 2 OT: No Weather Delay

lol

If the title of this thread causes "trouble", and has to be changed, I think this marks a pretty low point for the maturity of this forum. It's a completely harmless play on words about another racer coming out a similar time as FH2. I can't even begin to wrap my brain around why that would upset anyone.

I think you answered your own question.

GHG

Gold Member
Xbox/Japan thread is bad form and childish.

This is harmless fun.

So now we have resorted to saying "but they started it"?

Yet none of this is childish?

Good job guys, well done on promoting the game and the attitude of the userbase.

Top Bottom