• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon 2 |OT| Rock You Like a Huracan

Jesus, what happens when the reviews for both games are out?

I would imagine it all depends on who is on top and by how much! lol

Edit: And I am reposting this here because I WANT TO TALK ABOUT THE GODDAM GAME!

I was looking over the map again and it really does look awesome. But I am sad that there (again) doesn't seem to be any Hill Climb events or roads. I don't get why they refuse to put any roads that are like Kaido or Pikes Peak in these games. Especially now that it is in Europe, which has a rich history of Hill Climb events. I doubt we will see anything like that as DLC, but I would kill for it.

arhra

So to veer away from thread meta-discussion, from the stream that just ended, plus stuff I've seen in the demo and previous streams/previews, it seems that the car list and events are now broken down into car-type classes, rather than purely by performance bands.

Classes I've seen so far:
Modern Supercars
Retro Supercars
Hypercars
Modern Rally
Classic Rally
Sports Cars
Super Hot Hatch (at least, I think that was the class the RS8 in the demo was in)
Extreme Off Road
Extreme Track Toys

MMaRsu

Pfff jesus christ what a thread title. Click bait much? A nice surefire way to get somw flamewars going in your topic. Not very smart.

I guarantee he laughed when he read the OP too. It's no different than Cowboys and Redskins fans. Can't stand each other. But the actual players are cool with each other.

uhhh..keep telling that to yourself.

the director clearly called the ot out. from his tweet, he wasn't laughing at all.

G Rom

Great OT !

Do we know if digital preorders get any exclusive preorder car ? Maybe the Audi Avant since it's the one for Microsoft Store ?

Anyway, I can't wait for launch day ! I think my first run and first photos are going to be with the Clio Williams !

I will keep posting this until someone answers me:

I NEED A CODE FOR THE AUDI RS4 AVANT PREORDER CAR!!

Will be willing to trade a code for the GameStop Gallardo or possibly some money.

I NEED THE WAGON!!!

Great OT !

Do we know if digital preorders get any exclusive preorder car ? Maybe the Audi Avant since it's the one for Microsoft Store ?

Anyway, I can't wait for launch day ! I think my first run and first photos are going to be with the Clio Williams !

I thought that might be the case too, but I can't see any information about it. As far as I can tell, the digital version doesn't get you any of the preorder cars.

Great OT !

Not that I've seen I'm afraid.

Anion

I will keep posting this until someone answers me:

I NEED A CODE FOR THE AUDI RS4 AVANT PREORDER CAR!!

Will be willing to trade a code for the GameStop Gallardo or possibly some money.

I NEED THE WAGON!!!
I anticipate the wagon will come out with the other cars in a pack a bit after launch
It always happens

Excited for the game but the subtitle for the thread sucks. Why? It completely changed the focus of the OT from the game to something completely else. Just as anyone who has been on GAF for some time will tell you was going to happen with a title like that.

Ray Wonder

Founder of the Wounded Tagless Children
Ok, I'm starting to agree with changing the title. It seems as if everyone is complaining or justifying. I'm guilty of this as well.

Kalm

Did anyone stumble across solid TX458 settings during the demo?

Or, are we still talking about OT titles...

Peterpan

What is funny, its not even dissing Driveclub at all. People sensitive though. Anyway going to get Horizon 2, The Xbox is already out in South Africa so definitely going to get this next week with my new Xbox one.

AsakuraZ

My god that track list. Waiting for the Sunset Overdrive bundle is going to be painful. Guess I'll just have to watch streams of gameplay to hold me over.

And its not even a jab, its a love tap. And what's really sad is if the OP used The Crew, Project Cars or Forza 5 as a reference, no one cares.

That's because people forgot how much of a tinderbox GAF (or any forum) is in the first few years of a new generation where there is a lot of fan investment to match up to the hype the systems are sold on. This year only has one major head-to-head fight left on tap and that's the title card of Forza Horizon 2 vs. Drive Club. After things get into the middle of the gen, people cool off because the (hardware and software) hype is seen for what it is.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
i think most gaming OT subtitles are awful and do the "try hard funny" thing but this takes the cake.

forza is a pretty storied franchise, so why use the subtitle as a cringeworthy jab at a new unproven racing ip?

Oh apologies.

I entered the thread expecting to read about Horizon only to be met by a shitstorm.

I wonder what could have caused everyone to be discussing something other than the game itself...

People being far too sensitive.

It's sad that we can't have a little fun on GAF.

Yeah, I guess we need to change it. The next time we have someone post a pic with Forza 2d guys shopped into a Japanese Xbox line up I will PM a mod to have it removed so I can traverse a safe NeoGAF that's void of any sort of fun.

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
i wasn't really interested in this game until I saw all the impressions, gifs, and webm's from you all in the demo thread. It went from a curiosity to a definite purchase.

Read the OP for that thread, though. No bait, just a collection of photos and impressions both positive and negative. The thread itself is full of schadenfreude, yeah, but it wasn't invited or endorsed by the OP. That's the difference.

Internet slap fights of all kinds are extremely tedious to read. They're going to occur no matter what, but I endorse any action that might reduce the incidence even marginally.

Edited to be part of the solution and talk about the game:
This thing looks like immense fun. The heedless off road hurtling reminds me of the joy I had playing Rallisport Challenge 2. Only this time, no rails or barriers!

ClearData

I'm hyped for this game and I'm hyped for Driveclub, but the OP's jabs feel like console war bait. I don't like it. Enjoy the games not the drama.

Top Bottom