• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon 2 |OT| Rock You Like a Huracan

TheF1BOB

Banned
i think most gaming OT subtitles are too "try hard funny" but this takes the cake.

forza is a pretty storied franchise, so why use the subtitle as a cringeworthy jab at a new unproven racing ip?

oh jeez poor unproven racing ip it never stood a chance.

pls.

i think most gaming OT subtitles are awful and do the "try hard funny" thing but this takes the cake.

forza is a pretty storied franchise, so why use the subtitle as a cringeworthy jab at a new unproven racing ip?

It's not even a jab, though. It doesn't knock anything about Driveclub, all it's doing is mentioning the game in the title, which makes it even more pointless.

Wait, people are actually complaining about the OT title?

all the funny jabs at the xbox one which are all in good fun and pretty damn hilarious at times, but one little jab at the ps4 and it's nofunallowed lol.

And its not even a jab, its a love tap. And what's really sad is if the OP used The Crew, Project Cars or Forza 5 as a reference, no one cares.

You're probably right.

I'm a regular in every DC thread, It's my most anticipated racer...yet I'm not whining about the thread title for this game. Who the fuck cares? Light-hearted taps back and forth are hilarious. I'm all for them.

That said, I don't think the current title was one of the better ones, and I much prefer titles that are about the game that the OT is about. Like 'Rock you like Huracan' or whatever.

Tall Paul

Sits on rail...So then, anything from the first Horizon game that anyone hopes is developed further or cast aside all together in FH2? I always felt I wanted to just break off the road now and then in the first one so I'm made up its developed in FH2.

People are taking this way too seriously, lol. It's not even a slightly offensive title, it's a light-hearted jab at best.
It was mine from the last FH2 thread and it's meant 100% as a joke. I'll be playing both games towards xmas as I'm really looking forward to them. For me they are like apples and oranges within the genre :)

HeliosT10

agree with the creative director

you want the ot of your game to at least be something about your own game instead of another one.

and i bet devs look forward to the title of their games' ot here at gaf.

Agree with the point made here, be great if we could keep this about Forza Horizon 2, game stands up on its own merits quite well :)

Amazing out of effort you've put into the OP btw, thanks!

Matriox

I feel like as far as the OT title is concerned all we're seeing so far are people who are complaining that people will complain? The title is fine, worst case scenario its a playful jab at another racing game, nothing malicious.

Gestault

Tier Level 2 – 2011 BMW 1 Series M Coupe
Tier Level 3 – 2013 Viper GTS
Tier Level 4 – 2015 Lamborghini Huracán LP 610-4
Tier Level 5 – 2014 Local Motors Rally Fighter

Anyone else going to be rocking this beauty at launch?

ibkoPHpkcKsLus.jpg

BrunoM

Oh apologies.

I entered the thread expecting to read about Horizon only to be met by a shitstorm.

I wonder what could have caused everyone to be discussing something other than the game itself...
I must agree with you came in for the same reason heave seen tops a Hand full of people in the middle of all this trying to talk about the game ..

I get it for the person who made it nice lots of hits people talking crap but I was under the idea after the "work" the person out into it it would've like to have a discussion about the game ...

Even the games creative director and founder of the studio said was looking for the GAF OT but this is a let down no talk about the game and all because of a flame title that could've easly been avoided and some extra hits right there at the end to finish the combo ...

Bessy67

Sits on rail...So then, anything from the first Horizon game that anyone hopes is developed further or cast aside all together in FH2? I always felt I wanted to just break off the road now and then in the first one so I'm made up its developed in FH2.
I kinda hope the 1000 club is brought back and expanded upon. I liked that it gave you incentive to drive different cars in different ways.

Montresor

Why don't we talk about the game?

Such as, achievements. I'm not getting this game day one but I liked the demo. I decided (and I hope I stick to this decision) that I'm not paying $70 day one for any retail games anymore, so I'll wait for a price drop.

But I am interested in the achievements. How much of a grind will the 1000/1000 be? How fun were the achievements in Forza Horizon 1?

So...hmm...can I ask something about the game or is this a

DRIVECLUB IS BETTER YOU CUNTS
NO HORIZON 2 IS BETTER YOU TOSSERS
but what about the crew
SHUT UP AND LET THE ADULTS DISCUSS

thread?

Do we know anything new about the 360 version? I expect no weather (because no power of the cloud = no rain/storm PUN FULLY INTENDED), no drivatars, no open-wheelers, no tuning (that I know of), and a smaller map. Anything else different?

Tall Paul

I kinda hope the 1000 club is brought back and expanded upon. I liked that it gave you incentive to drive different cars in different ways.
Without Doubt, that always gave it more playability, there is so much that could be done. I think it will be supported for quite a while.

Such as, achievements. I'm not getting this game day one but I liked the demo. I decided (and I hope I stick to this decision) that I'm not paying $70 day one for any retail games anymore, so I'll wait for a price drop.

But I am interested in the achievements. How much of a grind will the 1000/1000 be? How fun were the achievements in Forza Horizon 1?
The original 1000 in FH1 were fun, the online ones were even fairly easy, but the DLC achievements were very grindy and a pain imo.

guys in the future for real just take after the example GAF's PS4 userbase has set

don't post jabs like these in titles where they're visible for all.

just have someone 'first post' it instead.

that way instead of turning out like this the thread could have become a cyclone of circlegherkin over bad jokes

Matriox

I need to download the demo for this ASAP when I get home. I havn't played a racing game since Mario Kart Double Dash for the gamecube and all of this racing talk has me excited to try it out.

ClearData

People saying title is harmless...but if it distracts people from talking about the game because of console war crap then the OT kinda fails at its job, doesn't it?

And #delays doesn't sound playful. It sounds like a downright slap at Evolution for needing more time to put out their game.

Tall Paul

So...hmm...can I ask something about the game or is this a

DRIVECLUB IS BETTER YOU CUNTS
NO HORIZON 2 IS BETTER YOU TOSSERS
but what about the crew
SHUT UP AND LET THE ADULTS DISCUSS

thread?

Do we know anything new about the 360 version? I expect no weather (because no power of the cloud = no rain/storm PUN FULLY INTENDED), no drivatars, no open-wheelers, no tuning (that I know of), and a smaller map. Anything else different?
Id like to think there would be some development of other aspects that the XB1 has but reading your potential list doesn't leave a lot left really, an extension of FH1 I guess.

Montresor

The orginal 1000 in FH1 were fun, the online ones were even fairly easy, but the DLC achievements were very grindy and a pain imo.

How much money are we looking at paying if we wanted to get all the DLC achievements?

When I look at TA.com it shows the original Horizon with two achievement packs (250gs each).

I ask because this game seems to have a ludicrous amount of DLC even at launch (day one pack, VIP stuff, ultimate pack, etc...). I'm not a big car guy. But I LOVE open world games, and I really liked this demo, and I'm glad to hop on the Horizon bandwagon for the first time with FH2. But I don't think I will care about packs that just add individual cars.

guys in the future for real just take after the example GAF's PS4 userbase has set

don't post jabs like these in titles where they're visible for all.

just have someone 'first post' it instead.

that way instead of turning out like this the thread could have become a cyclone of circlegherkin over bad jokes

LOL.

Both sides post console wars bullshit.

The title is about as tame as tame can get.

I looooooooooooved the launch trailer, the great thing about the horizon series is how stylish they are, great work to all involved in this game!

Megasoum

Banned
Did anyone stumble across solid TX458 settings during the demo?

Or, are we still talking about OT titles...

There was a couple of suggestions in the demo thread and it was definitly playable when I tried it but it never felt exactly...right... Not sure how to explain it but I don't really feel confortable playing with the TX in H2 compared to when I play FM5.

I'll have to play around with the settings more on the full game. I might just end up playing with the controller instead...dunno yet.

We shouldn't be talking about this 8 pages in...we should be talking about the fucking game. This is pathetic. I think the title should be changed, not because I find it offensive, but because the discussion in here isn't what it's supposed to be because of it.

Shameful.

Bessy67

People saying title is harmless...but if it distracts people from talking about the game because of console war crap then the OT kinda fails at its job, doesn't it?

And #delays doesn't sound playful. It sounds like a downright slap at Evolution for needing more time to put out their game.
But the fact that it does distract some people is ridiculous. I thought NeoGAF was supposed to be a more mature forum but apparently not since a completely non-offensive reference to another racing game causes this level of outrage.

LOL.

Both sides post console wars bullshit.

The title is about as tame as tame can get.

i own a PS4 and not an Xbox One. (and I don't take issue with the title either really) I'm just calling it how I see it. The first few months of this generation especially were chock full of that type of shit. I've got no problem with Xbone GAF taking little jabs now and again. Not after endless threads of *OP article regarding bone* *shit joke about resolution, framerate, or content* *oh first post wins again* *oh you're so funny* *that first post just cancel the thread right now because none of us care about the op anymore* *ice cold bro* *ether* *brent rambo gif* on full cycle ad infinitum

There was a couple of suggestions in the demo thread and it was definitly playable when I tried it but it never felt exactly...right... Not sure how to explain it but I don't really feel confortable playing with the TX in H2 compared to when I play FM5.

I'll have to play around with the settings more on the full game. I might just end up playing with the controller instead...dunno yet.

What feels different compared to F5?

Oh wait. FRICK

THE SUPERLAGGA IS A GAMESTOP PREORDERS!
This changes everything

Ok I'll trade. I got it from the Microsoft store

Awesome man, I will have the game at midnight on Monday night so I will PM you the code as soon as I get back from the store. Thanks for trading!

Good call on the title change. The original wasn't doing anyone any good and would have just poisoned the OT for what I'm sure will be a great game.

stay gold

4 pages of whining over a thread title, goddamn Gaf.

Need to decide whether to go digital or physical with this one, I wish the XB1 had a bigger harddrive :(

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Title was garbage, glad it changed.

Hey, does anyone know if the demo is a permanent one or a timed exclusive thing where it would stop working once the game is out? (like Burnout Paradise I believe). I want to play the demo but updating firmware on devkits is very time consuming and I won't have a chance to play for a while.

Hip Hop

We shouldn't be talking about this 8 pages in...we should be talking about the fucking game. This is pathetic. I think the title should be changed, not because I find it offensive, but because the discussion in here isn't what it's supposed to be.

Shameful.

Yeah, it's brought in a lot of people that don't care about the game at all.

agree now, it should be changed.

I posted this back on the last page:
Here are a list of the Achievements if anyone hasn't seen them yet. Should probably add them to the OP also.

It doesn't seem too bad really.

Bobnob

Eight pages of crap, anybody want to talk the game, the more i play the demo the more i enjoy it, i can't wait to get a hold of my Day 1 Rally fighter and chuck a beestly tune on it.

Top Bottom