• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon 2 |OT| Rock You Like a Huracan

ShamePain

Banned
20 bucks for getting twice the rewards is laughable. You don't even get to spin it twice, you just get double the money or a car and its value in money. Which mostly means you'll get 24 k instead of 12k at a levelup. Forza 5 gave 70k over 35k on each levelup and car prices seem to be comparable.

Nah, bro, FH2's progression seems way faster and easier than FM5. I'm level 100 non-VIP in FM5 now, finished the majority of career, but I've got some left that I can't get into simply because I don't have enough money to buy those cars. This included getting 300k in forza rewards for the last 4 months. The game basically blocks me from some content. Of course I could keep lapping Nur till I can afford it, but then the game will turn into a grind. So I'm very disappointed with that, previous FMs level up rewards and FH2's system seem much better to me.

shinnn

bored at work again

ActualPerfectHarrierhawk.gif

low-G

Super enjoying the game. I'm usually not one for the pointless 'just drive around' thing in open world racers but this one does it for me for some reason.

I think it may be the Big Rigs-esque ability to rocket up bush-covered mountains

Thanks.. The cap is 1000, that makes me feel better. I didn't want it to fill up without me. lol.

Me either. I'm going to try and figure it out tonight after work though.

IIRC after a few championships the game prompts you to join a club, you can just search for it from the join screen. I wasn't sure what it was called at first so I just typed 'gaf' and it found it.

JaggedSac

Not quite sure how to join.

Thanks.. The cap is 1000, that makes me feel better. I didn't want it to fill up without me. lol.

Me either. I'm going to try and figure it out tonight after work though.

After you complete the 3rd championship and complete
the race a train event
, clubs will be unlocked. Search for the club by tag and use 'GAF'

EDIT: Should have refreshed the page before responding.

20 bucks for getting twice the rewards is laughable. You don't even get to spin it twice, you just get double the money or a car and its value in money. Which mostly means you'll get 24 k instead of 12k at a levelup. Forza 5 gave 70k over 35k on each levelup and car prices seem to be comparable.

Saw a guy get a car worth 250K so yeah I'll take that thank you.

Fistexe

Am i missing something or there is no "proper" replay camera? With random cool angles and such. Only manual stuff?

Also why selected camera in replays is reseted every time after I go into photo mode? So annoying.

Just checked and my VIP pass is now fully functional. Can't wait to finish work so I can do all those wheel spins I saved up.

Also, I love how we can claim the F5 and FH2 rewards right through the Hub app.

Bessy67

Does anyone is having problems in not hearing any voices on cutscenes or instructions? They are all mute for me!
I had this problem in the demo. I found out that my xbox had for some reason switched from stereo to 7.1 sound, and when I switched it back it worked fine. Try going to your xbox's display and sound settings and see if the same happened to you.

Smidget

Fun game, just have a question about credit management....

I'm one of those people that normally hoards currency until I know I need to buy something.

Is there any situation like that I ever need to buy something to move on or can I just spend it on random cars and it won't be too hard to earn more if I see a car I like down the road?

Chorazin

Has the vip issue been sorted yet?

Yup, it worked great for me this morning. Got 2x reward on my spins (including some freaking AWESOME cards, like a Lambo!) and the VIP and Car Pass cars were listed as 0 credits.

Fun game, just have a question about credit management....

I'm one of those people that normally hoards currency until I know I need to buy something.

Is there any situation like that I ever need to buy something to move on or can I just spend it on random cars and it won't be too hard to earn more if I see a car I like down the road?

You'll have to buy cars to be able to enter Championships you want to race in, if you don't already have and eligible car (even if it's not a good car, you can upgrade it for less than a car would be most of the time). But they game never forces you into a particular Championship, so you could just race in ones you already own vehicles for.

Dave_6

I didn't get too far in the game but I damn sure love what I've played so far. That 2nd Bucket List with the McLaren P1 :O

Also to clarify; the cars in that Launch pack have to be bought with in-game credits right?

Yup, it worked great for me this morning. Got 2x reward on my spins (including some freaking AWESOME cards, like a Lambo!) and the VIP and Car Pass cars were listed as 0 credits.

You'll have to buy cars to be able to enter Championships you want to race in, if you don't already have and eligible car (even if it's not a good car, you can upgrade it for less than a car would be most of the time). But they game never forces you into a particular Championship, so you could just race in ones you already own vehicles for.

Thanks about to start my game now, didn't want to buy it if it wasn't working yet

Megasoum

Banned
Now that I've been hoarding my wheelspin until VIP was fixed... I think I'll continue hoarding them until I get the perk to increase my luck. Not like I really need the money at the moment.

Smidget

Thank you for the info!

Also to clarify; the cars in that Launch pack have to be bought with in-game credits right?

Nope, after you do that launch pack it was available for 0 credits in my game at least last night!

mrklaw

MrArseFace
how easy is it to know what championships you're missing? Eg at the moment I did a JDM one for buying the supra, and then an A class for the Ferrari. But when I go back to those areas, is there an easy way to see what I haven't completed yet? Or do I have to select a car first and then see what is available?

squared

I´m rich!

Dayum! And us who are on Tier 6 get 1.5m.

Money will be no problem at all now. It's kind of bitter sweet, it's a special kind of fun not being able to afford just about everything. And yeah I know, I can just skip redeeming the rewards, but how to resist?

Dayum! And us who are on Tier 6 get 1.5m.

Money will be no problem at all now. It's kind of bitter sweet, it's a special kind of fun not being able to afford just about everything. And yeah I know, I can just skip redeeming the rewards, but how to resist?

Haha, my thought too!

I am around 599pts away from Tier 5. Should I redeem now? Will I lose any potential Tier 5 points? Or will I be able to collect them to when I reach tier 5?

ShapeGSX

This game really is PGR in how it works, too. PGR3 had cities that were completely open. But the game would put barriers around the world to create tracks. That is exactly what Horizon 2 is doing.

Was the Forza 5 reward available last night?

I think I redeemed it then through the hub because I definitely don't see it now.

Just checked and my VIP pass is now fully functional. Can't wait to finish work so I can do all those wheel spins I saved up.

Also, I love how we can claim the F5 and FH2 rewards right through the Hub app.

I'm really hoping the VIP will apply to my saved Wheel Spins. Have they mentioned that?

Top Bottom