• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon 3 |OT| uozoH zo

Well done Playground Games/Turn 10 on the audio!
Some of your best work yet.
So happy to see exhaust upgrades making a difference to the sound of the car again. Haven't see that since FM2!

It says that upgrading the transmission also makes an audible difference but I really can't hear it...?

Seriously, the audio was one of the first things I noticed in this game. It is so good, so much better than previous Forza games. And it's not just the engine audio that's amazing but all of it, from the sounds of debris hitting the bottom of the car to the great sounds the cars make when they hit. It's really impressive how much work has gone into the audio.

eek5

Man. I wish we could type numbers in the livery editor section on PC.

At least you can click and drag which is kind of nice I guess.

Hi guys,

Yesterday I spotted a post or two from people wondering how to change the in-game language. This can be done by going to "Region" in Control Panel, and then changing the "Format" language at the top.

That method messes dates and decimal points up for some file formats in certain languages...

in germany the game is released 27.9.2016 and not 9/23/2016 and it costs 69,99€ and not 69.99€.

As a workaround that's fine, but Microsoft needs to figure this stuff out with their storefront, imagine if Steam decided that this is the way to handle languages for the games they're selling, I can't imagine the shit they would get for this.

rdytoroll

What's the cheapest region to buy it from? If I choose Singapore I have to get gift cards with the value SG$150 which is still 100€ wtf

How do I turn the radio off?

I seem to be only be able to drop it to 1, which is still quite loud.

I'm only at the beginning of the game being told where to go, just picked my first car. Do I need to wait a bit?

CryptiK

I can turn the sound down or off? Change the volumes down to 0 but it all still blares at full. There is no app in the volume mixer, is there a way?

SaganIsGOAT

I'm only at the beginning of the game being told where to go, just picked my first car. Do I need to wait a bit?

From playing the demo, just press left on the dpad until it says "Off" (I Ithink lol)

EDIT. I think you are stuck with the music during the intro

Stubo

It looks like it's not just me stuck without the Ultimate edition extras on PC?

I looked on the store for the other parts of the bundle and they've all got purchase options.

yeah, in the demo once you get through parts of the intro you pick your first few stations. after that you can choose "off" as an option on the dial.

deoee

6Xb2N2Q.png

Wow...

who made this?

Forsythia

Welp, finaly "updated" the game, but now the stupid Warthog won't download at all. It only shows under 'ready to install'. Xbox One, latest preview build.

Grisby

Slowest download ever. My peacock is not strong.

Gonna try and preorder Gears 4 ultimate at the gamestop tomorrow. 80 gigs on that game would take me forever to download.

Phinor

That method messes dates and decimal points up for some file formats in certain languages...

in germany the game is released 27.9.2016 and not 9/23/2016 and it costs 69,99€ and not 69.99€.

As a workaround that's fine, but Microsoft needs to figure this stuff out with their storefront, imagine if Steam decided that this is the way to handle languages for the games they're selling, I can't imagine the shit they would get for this.

I was about to post the same but you put it clearly and very well. It's fine as a temporary fix but it's not acceptable permanent solution. Changing your region can potentially mess up a lot of things. There has to be a better way to select your language in a game.

RawNuts

Welp, finaly "updated" the game, but now the stupid Warthog won't download at all. It only shows under 'ready to install'. Xbox One, latest preview build.
I had the same issue. It's still sitting in the 'ready to install' list, but I have the Warthog in-game.

^Okay cool, I though I was stuck with at least some volume of music. I mean it's good but I prefer to just have the engine noises. Especially when driving manual.

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah fuck it, I'm not doing anything more on PC until VIP is fixed. Might as well spend the time doing decals.

I'm wanting to start but don't want to miss out on VIP stuff either.

If I played a bit and just saved my wheel spins until VIP is fixed (for the extra bonus there) would I miss out on anything else major?

At least they've tweeted that they're working on it, but no ETA for a fix.

Forza Motorsport ‏@ForzaMotorsport 3h3 hours ago

We're aware that some users on PC are having issues with their #ForzaHorizon3 VIP awards and Ultimate Edition content. We are investigating

Wuiji

Eurgh, this Warthog stuff is irritating. I remember it downloading the Warthog when I redeemed the code a couple of weeks ago. But it is literally nowhere to be seen in my downloads. Nor is it ready to install. I'm hoping it's just a little launch niggle. I was really looking forward to just driving around in the Warthog.

RS4-

I'm wanting to start but don't want to miss out on VIP stuff either.

If I played a bit and just saved my wheel spins until VIP is fixed (for the extra bonus there) would I miss out on anything else major?

At least they've tweeted that they're working on it, but no ETA for a fix.

I can bank the VIP rolls if I level up outside a race. But if I level in after a race, I'm forced to wheel spin, so I wasted 2 so far lol.

Is there a decal thread yet? Working on this so far
rRACJb5.jpg

Did the same one in Forza 3 I think, which I finished here: http://i.imgur.com/gZMZxbC.jpg

Dominator

The game seems to not want to start for me now... played for awhile last night but I'm trying to get the game going and the splash screen pops up for a minute and then I get an error.

:(

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
I can bank the VIP rolls if I level up outside a race. But if I level in after a race, I'm forced to wheel spin, so I wasted 2 so far lol.

Thanks for the info. Maybe I'll dick around a bit and not do a lot of racing for a while and see if they get it fixed. If it's going to be a while on the fix, like more than a few more hours, I'll probably just ignore it and hope they provide some compensation for affected PC players.

gnexus

This whole VIP thing is pretty lame. I had the same exact issue with FH2, and now it's happening again on PC. I'm downloading FH3 on my Xbox One and seeing if everything works fine there.

Got to play 6 hours last night. Game is excellent. Today is moving day for me. Gonna have to hook everything up again before I can hop on. I need to get back into my festival!

HeliosT10

The game seems to not want to start for me now... played for awhile last night but I'm trying to get the game going and the splash screen pops up for a minute and then I get an error.

:(

Do you have AVAST installed or a mic plugged in. If so, please try either uninstalling AVAST for now or unplugging your mic. This seems to have fixed the startup crashes for many users.

Finally joined the club. Access to clubs seems too far into the game, or at least a lot longer than FH2.

is there a way to just listen to music from a USB drive like i used to do on 360? not that the radio stations are bad!! i like them.

I believe so. There's an app for it, but I can't think of the name of it offhand.

Seriously, the audio was one of the first things I noticed in this game. It is so good, so much better than previous Forza games. And it's not just the engine audio that's amazing but all of it, from the sounds of debris hitting the bottom of the car to the great sounds the cars make when they hit. It's really impressive how much work has gone into the audio.

Yes. Another thing is the mixing between the car sounds and the music. That seems a lot better to me too.

Top Bottom