• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 3 |OT|

p3tran

Banned
Jube3 said:
Ill have one waiting for you! We can be team flapjack!

This game is too much fun, I've slept like 4 hours most nights since I got it :lol
hey team flapjack, thats an understatement right there! I've been getting at most 4hrs sleep/day since YOU got the game LOL :lol :lol

AMUSIX

Fender_Uk said:
i know, it must be a lie

this is the best thing i did, took me a long time too lol

rustbucket2.jpg

rustbucket.jpg
that's a pretty damn good clunker. I did a few of them on F2, and plan to do several in F3...I like the taped hatch, and I'm going to steal it.

Just sayin'

Fellow early Forza 3 guys... how do you upload your photos to the site? What section do you go to in order to pull them down? In fact, how do you upload? I've put photos on the store front but that's just not the same.

Jube3

APZonerunner said:
Fellow early Forza 3 guys... how do you upload your photos to the site? What section do you go to in order to pull them down? In fact, how do you upload? I've put photos on the store front but that's just not the same.

website stuff wont work till the 22nd.

Gowans

Jube3 said:
Ill have one waiting for you! We can be team flapjack!

This game is too much fun, I've slept like 4 hours most nights since I got it :lol

GO TEAM FLAPJACK!

Your lack of sleep means nothing, I have no sympathy when you rub it in like that.

saladine1

Alright, this just burns the shit out of me!
On the Drag leaderboards, the top time cars are all fucking Veyrons!
Greenawalt wasn't joking when he said that the 4WD cars will have an advantage over RWD in Drag Racing.
Apparently, the Veyron had 1250hp and lightened to boot.
So there goes the good ol' classic muscle cars opportunity to shine. Instead, just pick an AWD, keep your finger on the accelerator and go....then win...

Jube3

saladine1 said:
Alright, this just burns the shit out of me!
On the Drag leaderboards, the top time cars are all fucking Veyrons!
Greenawalt wasn't joking when he said that the 4WD cars will have an advantage over RWD in Drag Racing.
Apparently, the Veyron had 1250hp and lightened to boot.
So there goes the good ol' classic muscle cars opportunity to shine. Instead, just pick an AWD, keep your finger on the accelerator and go....then win...

Yea that was taks bugatti(1250 hp, 254 mph top speed). Which was awesome. BTW when people say the leaderboards are DOMINATED by bugattis..theres 12 people up there and the only people who do not have a bugatti time is me and m0dus because our racing level is too low to have one lol. we'll see how it turns out once more tuners get their hands on it. Also later on on the mile strip one of the blkjk guys beat the bugatti with this ape shit miata :lol Ill upload a gif if I can because it was fricken epic.

saladine1

Jube, regardless of that Miata, tell us the truth, do RWD cars have a chance against a 4WD with similar setups in drag racing?
Don't sugar coat it doc, just give it to me straight...

p3tran

Banned
way too early to call the shots saladine

looks like you always try to disappoint yourself for some reason... bcool! ;)

Jube3

saladine1 said:
Jube, regardless of that Miata, tell us the truth, do RWD cars have a chance against a 4WD with similar setups in drag racing?
Don't sugar coat it doc, just give it to me straight...

Yea like p3tran said I have no idea, we raced a few setups and the only time we raced the bugatti with 1250 HP was against a stock bugatti lol.

All of us right now are broke as hell lol. I have 1200 credits after upgrading my supra which I believe is RWD. Im confident once i get help tuning the gears and pick up the last few upgrades I can beat the stock Veyron (i'm topping out at 190 mph right now but its fast off the line) but not the super souped up 1250 hp one not with the 84 supra lol.

I DO have the time to test setups..but I don't have the knowledge of cars to give you an accurate assesment. I'm not sure how I could test that with stocks either. Maybe if you give me some examples to test.

To add I've only dragged so far with RWD cars the GT500 is the other one and I get off quick. But again its not like Ive tested it.

Psychotext said:
My early version disconnects me from Live when I start the game. No competing in drag race leaderboards for me. :(
No live, no working 2nd disc, why is that compared to the other early players?

I hope leaderboards for drag let you split the list between best rear wheel, front wheel and 4-wheel drive...

saladine1

Jube, what you can do, if it isn't too much to ask, is grab two same class cars with similar power and weight...etc, then run both and check the times...

Pepto

Banned
saladine1 said:
Jube, what you can do, if it isn't too much to ask, is grab two same class cars with similar power and weight...etc, then run both and check the times...
Why would (or should) a rwd be faster?

Pepto

Banned
saladine1 said:
Not necessarily faster, i'm more about launching, where an AWD should bog down when the clutch is dropped...
Wouldn't that happen only if the awd has too much grip?

Senua

ResidentDante said:
Great car, how did you get the rust looking right? A special shape?
it was like a paint splatter if i remember correctly and i just stretched it upwards!

ShapeGSX

Valkyr Junkie said:
Only if you don't know how to properly launch an AWD car.

Exactly. AWD cars are very hard to beat off the line if they launch properly. Then the other car is playing catch up the rest of the way down the track.

RSTEIN

Comics, serious business!
Hey Jube/M0dus & others who have the game:

How is loading time? Same, longer, or shorter than the demo?

Lucius86

Banned
RSTEIN said:

Don't have the game, but I have read elsewhere the loading times are 'poor' - so I would assume similar to the demo....

nib95

Banned
My copies in! Going to collect tomorrow hopefully. Good thing I got through most of NFS Shift before hand. Now it's smooth sailing with Uncharted 2 and Forza 3.

ShapeGSX

Pepto said:
If things didn't break that would be the case.

I have friends who run 4 slicks on their AWD cars running in the 10s and 9s, and they have less driveline breakage than similarly powered cars that run regular DOT tires. The slicks tend to soften the blow to the driveline because the sidewalls are so soft. But when you are running that fast, stuff is going to break.

Now that would be an awesome addition to Forza. Damage induced by having too much power on a driveline that hasn't been upgraded. ;) Ok, maybe not so awesome...

Darklord

Banned
RSTEIN said:

Check out the Giant Bomb quick look. It'll give you an idea on the loading times for yourself.

Jube3 said:
That's a sweet looking car. My buddy had this ride back in '85/'86, in black in fact, and man that thing was badass. Seems like it had a turbo, but I doubt it. I would definitely buy one of those if somebody had kept it pristine.

Fender_Uk said:
This, however looks like my first car. :lol

Out of about an hours worth of live feeds I have seen over the week I would say the loading is on par with Forza 2 disc loading times, so I can live with that no problem. F2 is a little faster when installed though.

Psychotext said:

To me, this is the best written Forza review so far:

Eurogamer said:
Forza Motorsport 3 couldn't be more aptly summarised by the car that adorns the box (and kicks the racing campaign off in the obligatory high-speed teaser, before you're relegated to buzzing around in superminis): the Audi R8.

It's not, frankly, the prettiest of supercars. It's not the most soulful or thrilling, or, as our American friends would say, the most storied. It is, however, a paragon of ruthless and meticulous engineering excellence, a perfectly balanced, impossibly capable, surprisingly easy-to-handle all-rounder that doesn't need a hardcore enthusiast at the wheel to simply drive around the competition. That's Forza Motorsport 3 all over.

Eurogamer said:
Turn 10 has sacrificed flash for a faultless 60 frames a second, and understood that in simulation, what you feel is far more important than what you see. It has diverted all of the 360's resources to giving you the smoothest, most believable, most physically rewarding drive you've ever had. Who cares what the scenery or the tyre-smoke look like when your eyes are laser-focused on the next apex, when your fingers can feel the road surface? It was the right decision.

Psychotext said:
Ha... that's spooky timing. Just had another (hopefully working) copy turn up.

What are you planning on doing with the old one? *hint, hint* :D

The Eurogamer review was as well written as always.

With Forza 3, Turn 10 has managed something that not even GT creators Polyphony or simulation experts SimBin has done to date; loosen the handling, lighten it, add a flick of tail-happy PGR flair, a deliciously dynamic and supple relationship between car and road, and all without sacrificing one iota of sim credibility. In simple terms, it's kept the depth, but ladled on raw feel. It's a masterpiece.

As someone who thoroughly enjoyed FM2's handling, and has yet to fully grasp the intricacies of FM3's (I feel it will be harder to do so without a wheel), this part was interesting to me.

Forza Motorsport 3 is only you, the car, the rubber and the road, in a blissful, never-bettered harmony - until the race ends, you pull back, and you get the bigger picture. Then you realise that that experience was just the centre of a huge, welcoming, flexible and shockingly complete package, a racing game that genuinely has a corner somewhere in it for everyone who loves cars, and a world-beating online platform to share that love with thousands of others. For 2009 at least, consider the racing game defined.

That's a pretty apt description of the breadth of content FM3 offers. There's so much to do besides actually racing, that calling it a mere "racing game" seems to sell it short by a considerable margin.

Senua

its weird that anywhere else such as movies 9/10 would be amazing (yes its right next to 10) but for games it just great, been reading a lot of comments on gametrailers of people being disappointed by it only getting 9.3 etc and not 9.6 its just ridiculous..how did it get like this?

FrankT

People expect perfect that's all. Particularly gamers. Gametrailers is about the worst of the worst save maybe GFAQs.

Sysgen

Furthermore, despite the inclusion of drag racing and point-to-point tracks -
including the magisterial Japanese mountain roads of Fujimi Kaido - and a few
inventive race categories, the main career mode is still too short on variety
relative to its extreme length.

More seriously perhaps, the boasts of lavish content - 400 cars and 100 tracks -
ring a little hollow when you realise how much of it has been recycled from
Forza 2. You will very often experience a strong sense of deja vu as you take
the same car round the same track that you did two years ago.

Finally, and most controversially, there is the look of the game. You would
expect Forza 3 to boast staggeringly faithful and detailed car models, and it
does, no doubt. But despite that, it's graphically sterile and bland, with few
effects, poor environmental detail, and a relatively basic in-car view. In a
side-by-side comparison with GRID or the thrilling showboating of Need for
Speed: SHIFT, Forza 3 will leave you cold

Unfortunately each of these aspects where I hoped to see much improvement hasn't improved or at least not enough where these aspects stood out enough for the reviewer to comment on each.

sneaky77

Fender_Uk said:
its weird that anywhere else such as movies 9/10 would be amazing (yes its right next to 10) but for games it just great, been reading a lot of comments on gametrailers of people being disappointed by it only getting 9.3 etc and not 9.6 its just ridiculous..how did it get like this?

It's been that way for a while, same thing happens with Halo, or Uncharted or any other high profile game, mostly exclusives.. is just idiotic imo

Top Bottom