• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 3 |OT|

AMUSIX

Diablohead said:
Very nice, will look amazing next to my forza 2 LE box :D
I've got a Forza2 LE box signed by the good folks of Turn 10 (che's on the spine)...I'm just trying to figure out how I'll get a matching one for Forza3.

bran said:
How do I actually do the FOV trick?
You setup your game to use multiscreen but you don't need any others connected to turn it on, when enabled you can and should be able to adjust fov angles, this is because depending on your screen and distance between the side screens you will need to adjust some settings. You can "abuse" this by adjusting the screen to the FOV you prefer to use instead.

Though this will adjust all ingame cameras, like replays, 3rd person, bumper cam, start of race etc.

bran

Diablohead said:
You setup your game to use multiscreen but you don't need any others connected to turn it on, when enabled you can and should be able to adjust fov angles, this is because depending on your screen and distance between the side screens you will need to adjust some settings. You can "abuse" this by adjusting the screen to the FOV you prefer to use instead.

Though this will adjust all ingame cameras, like replays, 3rd person, bumper cam, start of race etc.

And this gives significant load time increase due to it attempting to sync up to the other two, (non-existent) 360s?

Why weren't we given a FOV tweak in the first place?

I usually don't drive with my boobs against the steering wheel IRL.

AMUSIX said:
I've got a Forza2 LE box signed by the good folks of Turn 10 (che's on the spine)...I'm just trying to figure out how I'll get a matching one for Forza3.

You know what it takes.....
knee%20pads.JPG

dejay

Banned
bran said:
And this gives significant load time increase due to it attempting to sync up to the other two, (non-existent) 360s?

not really...

Jube3 said:
Also just restarted the race a bunch of times with the FOV and it was just a hitch with the first time i did it. Loaded fine the rest of the time so ignore me.

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
Have my limited edition preordered already. Will sit nicely next to my F2's limited ;)

I'd have hoped they had another nice book instead of the lame usb and keychain tho =/

Gowans

That's shitty p3tran getting the le & no codes, hope someone can hook you up.

I really hope the post doesn't let me down & get this a week today.

Also anyone doing a The Nerd Herd car livery from Chuck?

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
Fuck the LE and it's non standard case.

I'm going to keep the USB stick and keyring, use all the download codes, and then trade the rest in towards the standard edition.

KHarvey16

cjelly said:

I'm going to keep the USB stick and keyring, use all the download codes, and then trade the rest in towards the standard edition.

The case inside looks to be about standard.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
cjelly said:

Because it's black instead of green?

And for real, Che should hook you up with codes p3tran. Especially after going through all the trouble to get it early.

enzo_gt said:
Because it's black instead of green?

And for real, Che should hook you up with codes p3tran. Especially after going through all the trouble to get it early.

If Live doesn't even work there, could he even redeem them?

:(

Okay, that cockpit FOV tweak is the best thing ever. I'll definitely give it a try. 62 is the magic number. :D

10 days, 11 hours, 35 minutes and 37 seconds to go...

p3tran

Banned
Bitmap Frogs said:
Have my limited edition preordered already. Will sit nicely next to my F2's limited ;)

I'd have hoped they had another nice book instead of the lame usb and keychain tho =/

best_collection847.jpg

both the keychain and usb are cool though. I didnt think I would bother for them but I already put my keys on that :D

its not che's fault or t10's fault. its exclusively stupid giant microsoft's fault.
If Live doesn't even work there, could he even redeem them?

:(
what do you mean "doesnt work" man? :D
"not supported" != "not works"
I'm an xbox live member since xbox 1, I'm online all the time, I have always been in top 500 lists in forza1 and forza2 online. send me an F.R you dufus :D (gt: p3tran)

anyway, the most important thing is this:

:D THE GAME ROCKS!!! :D

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
p3tran said:
its not che's fault or t10's fault. its exclusively stupid giant microsoft's fault.

I'm an xbox live member since xbox 1, I'm online all the time, I have always been in top 500 lists in forza1 and forza2 online. send me an F.R you dufus :D (gt: p3tran)

anyway, the most important thing is this:

:D THE GAME ROCKS!!! :D
Done, and I haven't got a clue why I didn't add you before.

As for the game rocking, well, as per before, you have the game, post impressions, or ELSE!

Shaneus

Sucks about not having a similar book included as with Forza 2 LE, but seeing as I haven't even read mine (shameful, I know) I'll just pretend that it came with F3 :D

Doodis

Does anyone use the behind-the-car view? I use it just because I love looking at my beautiful cars and I can actually see where I am in relation to the other cars on the track (to help avoid bumping). Is this considered noob view?

rjcc

Doodis said:
Does anyone use the behind-the-car view? I use it just because I love looking at my beautiful cars and I can actually see where I am in relation to the other cars on the track (to help avoid bumping). Is this considered noob view?

same here

p3tran said:

Ahhh! Will do!

:D

Ziploc

Neo Member
Recoil said:
No R8? Colour me surprised.

The group B Quattro is fuckin' awesome news though. I'll have to make it down just for that. Is it going to be a drift course at all, or just straight track runs?

We are volunteer autoslalom racers using our own cars. We don't exactly have the coin for R8s. ;)

It will be up to the driver as to what kind of ride you get. It will be a technical autoslalom course and its not uncommon for a powerslide to happen. It will without a doubt be a fun ride. I've been in numerous cars over the years I've been doing this and its always a fun ride. And if it rains, powerslides will be happening everywhere.

Here's me powersliding:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JhbiVah9tJc

And setting my fastest time of the day: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJ6NnMpNeSg

Of you want to see what kind of cars/courses to expect check out my recordings: http://www.youtube.com/user/SpeedsterGuyCoverage

Stop It

Doodis said:
I used to use that in most of my racers until recently.

I now feel very bad for doing so, very very bad. Not only does it feel much worse than windscreen/cockpit cams, but it feels so cheap too. If you can, try to wean yourself off of it, you'll thank yourself when you do.

Iknos

bran said:
I usually don't drive with my boobs against the steering wheel IRL.

If you can see the bottom of the wheel with your peripheral vision...you're superhuman.

Same with the rear view mirror. I don't know about you guys but I have to move my eyes to see what's in the rear view mirror.

sneaky77

Stop It said:
I used to use that in most of my racers until recently.

I now feel very bad for doing so, very very bad. Not only does it feel much worse than windscreen/cockpit cams, but it feels so cheap too. If you can, try to wean yourself off of it, you'll thank yourself when you do.

yeah I agree, I feel like I have much a better sense of control with the hood cam, which I used in a lot of games before but never did in forza2

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
So, Royal Mail workers have confirmed they're on strike from next Thursday.

Just placed an order with ShopTo & UKMail. Will pop down to Blockbuster tomorrow and see what their price is in store, as well. :(

Ding

Doodis said:
Nah, most noobs know better. :D j/k

While I agree that a chase cam view gives you better situational awareness, I find it impossible to drive that way. I can't "feel" what my car is doing very well, and I tend to over correct. I imagine you could get used to it, however. I have no real desire to try, since it seems so artificial (non real life) to me.

(External view works great in pure arcade racers, IMO.)

sneaky77

Doodis said:
Haha. Fair enough. Consider me switched.

So what's considered best - bumper cam, hood cam, or cockpit cam?

whatever you prefer I guess, play in the demo and see which one you feel more.. I like the hood cam cause I still see where my car is with the hood in relation to the track and I see the track very well...
cockpit in forza3 is pretty good though

Stop It

cjelly said:
So, Royal Mail workers have confirmed they're on strike from next Thursday.

Just placed an order with ShopTo & UKMail. Will pop down to Blockbuster tomorrow and see what their price is in store, as well. :(
Unless if anything drastically changes, £44.99, but the local Blockbuster is still refusing to confirm it, yet.
As for the strike, yes, bad timing. Both Forza 3 and more importantly, Windows 7 is due for release during the strike, which will make MS very happy, I'm sure.

Milpool

I usually prefer 3rd person view so I'm nice and aware of my surroundings and what's going on with the car, though the cockpit view in Forza 3 feels pretty good. I think the record holders use 3rd person view too, if tourny vids are anything to go by.

RSTEIN

Comics, serious business!
Milpool said:
I usually prefer 3rd person view so I'm nice and aware of my surroundings and what's going on with the car, though the cockpit view in Forza 3 feels pretty good. I think the record holders use 3rd person view too, if tourny vids are anything to go by.

I find my times are faster in cockpit vs. 3rd. Maybe the pros like to see a better view of the perfect racing line and stuff. I dunno.

.nimrod

Stop It said:
As for the strike, yes, bad timing. Both Forza 3 and more importantly, Windows 7 is due for release during the strike, which will make MS very happy, I'm sure.

Sorry for being OT, but does the strike also have any effect on me if i'm importing to mainland europe?

Played Forza II from the hood/bonnet cam. Everyone makes a big deal of cockpit view, but I just don't use them. Even in NFS:S I only went into cockpit view to check out a new car, but for serious racing I used the hood view.

Blimblim

The Inside Track
SuperEnemyCrab said:
Played Forza II from the hood/bonnet cam. Everyone makes a big deal of cockpit view, but I just don't use them. Even in NFS:S I only went into cockpit view to check out a new car, but for serious racing I used the hood view.
That's what I did until I tried the cockpit view in F3 for a few races. I can't go back now. It may look a bit strange, but I think they found the right balance between showing the cockpit too much (reducing the view of the actual race, like in PGR for example) and not showing it enough.

Iknos

Doodis said:

Use whatever you have the most fun with. I have a friend that uses a wheel and drives external view in racing sims. He's not a bad driver either.

You will find with more experience that the internal views give you a better feel for how the car is handling...so when you feel more comfortable jump into an internal view that is fixed to the chassis of your vehicle.

Jonsoncao

Banned
Blimblim said:
That's what I did until I tried the cockpit view in F3 for a few races. I can't go back now. It may look a bit strange, but I think they found the right balance between showing the cockpit too much (reducing the view of the actual race, like in PGR for example) and not showing it enough.
Hi Blim
r u using the default FOV?

AMUSIX

In general?
Hood > All
Greatest combination of visibility, sense of speed, and vehicle awareness. Also, you get those damn pretty reflections.

Cockpit's fun to toy with, but visibility can be a bitch at times. Forza's cockpit, however, is pretty damn good. I may end up using it with all other HUD turned off.

Bumper is too low to the road, and doesn't allow you to see as clearly down the track, especially when you get behind another car. And behind the car? Might as well be driving an RC racer.

Oh, behind the car is the best for arcade racers (Burnout, Trackmania, etc).

Jube3

Well, this just detroyed my week. My 360..fuck... just scratched a 360 line into the forza 3 disc.. :( sigh..thats even worse than it red ringing. fuck..

I really doubt it but is there a way to fix this? Im screwed :(

Yoritomo

Does Hire driver work the same as F2? After reading more.... there's just an absolute ton of events, I make take the lazy way after I get a feel for the game.

HoTHiTTeR

Jube3 said:
Well, this just detroyed my week. My 360..fuck... just scratched a 360 line into the forza 3 disc.. :( sigh..thats even worse than it red ringing. fuck..

I really doubt it but is there a way to fix this? Im screwed :(

If theres a game crazy near you, get to it. They have disc buffing machines. I think all gamestop's send their games off to be refurb'ed. A movie rental store might have a disc buffing machine too... call around and find out. My 360 tipped over a couple years ago and scratched a ring into Madden 07; a buffer got it playable again.

Top Bottom