• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 3 |OT|

vanty

Jube3, is a car like that Supra driveable without aids turned on since it doesn't have a big rear wing? I'd love to have something like a 240Z tuned up like that while not having to make it look like a race car in order to compete against supercars. Badass car anyway, sounds amazing.

nib95

Banned
How do I find that GB number plate at the store front? Can't seem to see it any where. Great soundtrack so far btw.

EDIT: Found it under the "affordable" bracket lol. Thanks!

Lucius86

Banned
nofi said:
There's quite a bit of stuff on there, some of the best cars, too, so it's well worth it. I've installed disk 1 as well.

Sorry if already asked, but are the load times noticably improved playing the game off the HDD?

Jube3

vanty. said:
Jube3, is a car like that Supra driveable without aids turned on since it doesn't have a big rear wing? I'd love to have something like a 240Z tuned up like that while not having to make it look like a race car in order to compete against supercars. Badass car anyway, sounds amazing.

Yea its drivable on the strip pretty well with assists off although you gotta be really careful or it will spin out. I can drive it ok on normal traps but not consistently yet. I have to use the heck out of rewind at times. :lol

nib95 said:
How do I find that GB number plate at the store front? Can't seem to see it any where. Great soundtrack so far btw.

Search by my name (ayo jube), or search UK plate. They should both come up.

joey_z

Banned
nib95 said:
Interesting. All for just 1.9GB's extra. Wonder how much the production cost increases for Team 10 because of that one extra disk?

I doubt Turn10 incurs the cost for that extra disk. Microsoft bites that bullet.

nib95

Banned
Hey Jube, just realised it's locked and un-editable. Any chance I could get a white version that says NIBZY? Many thanks.

Jube3

nib95 said:
Hey Jube, just realised it's locked and un-editable. Any chance I could get a white version that says NIBZY? Many thanks.

I can send you one but not at the moment. If you want it now you can put a white layer over it and add the layers for fonts on top of it.

nib95

Banned
Jube3 said:
I can send you one but not at the moment. If you want it now you can put a white layer over it and add the layers for fonts on top of it.

Not a problem, I'm willing to wait. By the looks of things you have some sort of minor radial gradient under the type, which si why I didn't just slap a white layer over it to write over. Either way, I appreciate your help.

P.S, add me, NIBZY

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
Jube3 said:
Also one quick thing about Drag racing that I will write more about in my impressions that I havent seen in any reviews. KUDOS T10, what a fantastic implementation. I had some multiplayer dragging with some BLKJ guys last night and none of us had done multiple drag races yet. We figured the first group would go then a restart and the next would go. But no! All the cars are lined up at once on the strip in a row (pairs) The game splits you up in to groups right (you pick sides). The first group gets their countdown and goes, then a 5 second countdown appears, and the next group goes, and so on an so forth. Its awesome, its well implemented and its smooth. I was really impressed by that and its become one of my favorites modes now. even without an 8 lane strip.

Also heres a WIP preview of the brutal legend cab. Im redoing the face to save layers and get a smoother look, not really happy with it yet. I might also put this on a transam instead but I like the guitar amp on the back cover. I dunno. It doesnt scream eddie to me atm.
brutallegendcab.jpg
Drag racing sounds fun, most certainly a good idea for online play, thanks for the impressions.

Also, that Brutal Legend cab, I think it shows how high your standards are when you say you're not happy with it as I think it looks awesome.

nib95 said:
Not a problem, I'm willing to wait. By the looks of things you have some sort of minor radial gradient under the type, which si why I didn't just slap a white layer over it to write over. Either way, I appreciate your help.

P.S, add me, NIBZY
So this copy of forza 3 you have, do you need to write a review or are you just playing it early? ...

saladine1

Alright, got my copy today, 8 days earlier than expected.

All I can say is WOW!
I had my apprehensions about this iteration I must say, but after some hands on time, i can see why it's getting rave reviews.
I love my sounds and tuning in race games, and while not a great deal has changed in the upgrades department, the new items that are available such as aspiration conversion is awesome. For some reason, the tuning and upgrades this time seem to have much better affect than previously.
I also love the fact that when browsing through the various stages of upgrade components, there's a a very nice visual representation thing going on....very nice touch T10.

As for my favorite part of racing games, the sounds.....
Fucking....awesome.....sounds!
Turn 10 have really beefed up this part of the game and some of these cars have to be heard to be believed. They have caught the upper RPM range very,very well.
You see, in FM2, the sounds were pretty muted (stock) yet we have here bog stock cars with slight exaggeration effects, something similar to what EA do with their racers.
I have hardly raced due to the fact that I am reveling in my Datsun 1600's sound symphony.

Beautiful looking game, awesome feel and sound....if you are hesitant in buying this game,don't be...just don't. Go out and buy it now(Just ask the guy behind the counter nicely) and you will not regret it!

amar212

I posted this on official forum too, but Che please see can it be adressed in some near future update, thanx in advance:

Wheel Problems - Interior view when looking left-right

Tthe issue:

When playing with the wheel and set up left-right views there is no way you can see the car-interior - only plain "left-right" view out-of-the-car.

Since the partial left-right view exists on the right-stick when FM3 is played with controller - and it is great and 100% usable in terms of usage of side-mirrors, rear view mirror and position of other near cars - it wuld be great if we could get that view on the wheel instead of existing "plain" view.

I may presume that all advance users with the wheel would appreciate such an option, because if you play with the wheel there is no way to experience all great cockpits - such as 908 LeMans car, or any Super GT cockpit - in race. And it also lowers the exictement of the overall FM3 experience.

I would ask for addition of one more "button configuration" option for the wheel where we could choose to see interior left-right instead of exterior left-right on X and B buttons on the wheel (I use wheel configuration 4 for example).

Simple and effective and it can be changed whenever you like to personal preferences.

Also, I'm not sure are the buttons on the MS wheel also analogue as on X360 controller, but if they are transition to left-right when viewing would be even more slicker.

Thanx for attention and looking forward into enjoying my 908 LeMans races with true interior feel.

nib95

Banned
Diablohead said:
So this copy of forza 3 you have, do you need to write a review or are you just playing it early? ...

I probably should offer a few words (often I do), but yea, essentially I'm just playing the game early. It's an I scrub your back you scrub mine kind of relationship I have with numerous professionals. Many of whom do a lot of journalism outside of the gaming world which is where I come in handy (music production, photography, design etc).

1-16.jpg

2-15.jpg

nib95

Banned
Jube3 said:
Hey nibz once my endurance sim ends Ill send you the plate.

Awesome dude. Much appreciated!

On a side note, did a few naughty naughty's. Told myself I wouldn't use the rewind feature...and I have...twice already lol.

acm2000

nib95 said:
Just tried it. Saying "This code is not valid" :(

can you take a photo of the case open with both the discs in? i cant work out how theyre held in, dont want shaken off discs in side my case :(

nib95

Banned
acm2000 said:
can you take a photo of the case open with both the discs in? i cant work out how theyre held in, dont want shaken off discs in side my case :(

Pretty much just like Lost Odyssey. A deeper extrusion holds them in place, and trust me, no chance it's falling out. Very sturdy and tight.

Jube3

Diablohead said:
using a computer hired driver eh? :D

Yea dude Im so broke from buying cars people requests that I have no interest in :lol

Sitting on like 200k, which should keep me a float for a little bit.

Also didnt see this awesome shot posted of the Pentschze (sp) car from BLKJ Evolution. This car I drove today and it has a wicked Cockpit view.

original.aspx

sneaky77

Jube3 said:
Yea dude Im so broke from buying cars people requests that I have no interest in :lol

Sitting on like 200k, which should keep me a float for a little bit.

Also didnt see this awesome shot posted of the Pentschze (sp) car from BLKJ Evolution. This car I drove today and it has a wicked Cockpit view.

original.aspx

Can you post a pic of the cockpit view?

Falt

Jube3 said:
Yea there are for 2 and Im working on some for release.
I created a clip from my archives on the brutal legend start, it gives you an idea on how to layout shapes i guess. http://www.justin.tv/clip/e38fb84102055c87

Wow, for an editor with (what seems to be) a basic enough iteration of the standard, you guys are getting amazing results.

Jube3 said:
Heres the supra in action vs a mclaren and a veyron :D
http://www.justin.tv/clip/906669bf51e00175

Great clip, real smooth animation inside. I never really took notice while playing the demo :/

Jube3

sneaky77 said:
that is quite a funky cockpit lol.. how is it driving in it?

Really fast, one of the best sense of speeds ive gotten from the game (the bugatti at 250MPH on the straight of Le man being the other :lol )

Tweaked cockpit screens doubled my Forza hype instantly. That and the lack of shifting animations were my only real problems with the demo.

Jube3

Diablohead said:
So the forza 2 multiscreen FOV trick works here? That is great news for tweaking the internal cockpit if that's your thing. Cool to see that it's possible and with pictures too.

Yea it works, Also Tweaking the FOV also zooms out the intro scenes which is pretty cool. Ill post comparison pics on my supra.

Jube3

ResidentDante said:
One question for those using a 360 wheel:
Can I map the digital pad to look around me in the cockpit view on the steering wheel?
no

FOV.jpg

NOTE:
1.When you enable this you can no longer look around the cockpit.
2. The load times for the race startup (its usually 3-4 seconds was now 20 ish) was longer on amalfi. Im guessing due to the new intro? I dunno.
3. At 90% you see the end of the arm models

Jube3

Keikoku said:
Wait, you change the POV ingame ???

Yea just go to My Profile, Multiscreen setup, enable it and change the POV. You can also set it up REALLY close to the wheel to get that just the wheel look like I think its iracings cockpit.

acm2000

Jube3 said:
no

FOV.jpg

NOTE:
1.When you enable this you can no longer look around the cockpit.
2. The load times for the race startup (its usually 3-4 seconds was now 20 ish) was longer on amalfi. Im guessing due to the new intro? I dunno.
3. At 90% you see the end of the arm models

can you add default intro to that too so can see the difference

is it worth the extra loading?

Jube3

acm2000 said:
can you add default intro to that too so can see the difference

is it worth the extra loading?

Its not a ton of extra loading, I just noticed it because its usually very quick for that part and I ended up watching the circle more than I normally would. I like the normal cockpit view, but this type of POV is awesome because some cars have a very claustrophobic cockpit view or in some cases, like the BMW M3 coupe, have really large pieces (huge rearview mirror in that car) that would benefit from a step back.

Top Bottom