• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 4 - The Floodgates Have Opened...

saladine1

Lol, Turn 10 are so stingy when doing their 'reveals' and such. I mean, you start off by showing a couple of cars that most knew was in anyway?
Telling us we have something special to show 'soon' only to hear about pre order and promo deals?
Pictures of someone's trip to the Ring?
Lol, Turn 10 you are masters of suspense and the TEAZE..the TEAZE!

supersaw

Psychotext said:
I thought they looked great in Forza 3... but I guess they could still look strange because the rest of the car wasn't up to those standards.

There was something that got posted on the official Forza forums that points out a flaw that explains why the rims can look a bit odd on certain cars. But read at your own risk as it's one of those once you see it you can't unsee things.

This is the most noticable on some of the supercars like for eg. the Ferrari F40, since the rear tyres are wider the design of the rim is slightly altered often resulting in a deeper rim and sometimes other minor differences between the front and the back. In Forza 3, they vary the size but not really the depth of the rims and it seems like the front and rear rims are identical copies just differing in size. This can make certain cars look odd if you've been staring at a poster of the real thing for the last 10 years.

skyfinch

G Rom said:
Turn 10 is really playing with/trolling us with those reveals. The California, the McLaren F1, come on ! Next week for all we know we'll get an exclusive peek at the 458 Italia... :lol

So if the planets align, if the Maya calendar is correct and if Dan's beard is ok with it, we may have a track announcement. "Exclusive peek at
Suzuka
", I'm calling it ! xD

I hope the 458 is in the game. I've been wanting that car since FM2! I'm also hoping that they announce some kind of alpine track, with snowy mountains and gondolas zipping around. DO IT Turn 10! Announce these!

Mascot

skyfinch said:
I hope the 458 is in the game. I've been wanting that car since FM2! I'm also hoping that they announce some kind of alpine track, with snowy mountains and gondolas zipping around. DO IT Turn 10! Announce these!

Next reveal will just be a photo of Dan standing astride a 911 and holding a sign up saying "Fuck ALL of you doubters!".

saladine1

supersaw said:
Done.

0OKvA.jpg
It's Mr.Smug!
I'd love to know whether the trademark Dan Greenawalt smirk is his natural look or whether he's secretly pondering, "I'm the man and you're all my bitches", everytime he pulls that face?

I really don't dig this whole beg for more info. Especially if its going to be as weak as the first 2 cars. I would rather they just went dark then show me stuff I already know about. Its like a gears of war weapon reveal and its the lancer.

supersaw

Mascot said:
Next reveal will just be a photo of Dan standing astride a 911 and holding a sign up saying "Fuck ALL of you doubters!".

That would be sweet, I'll be a bit pissed if I can't use my GT2 wheel to race any Porsches.

saladine1

See what you have done Turn 10?
Because of the lack of 'interesting' info and reveals, you have made us discuss Dan G (the new Cliff B?) and his luminous beard instead. I would rather like to be talking about apexes and camber angles, displacement and heel toe techniques, Bathurst and liveries..etc

Mascot

saladine1 said:
Because of the lack of 'interesting' info and reveals, you have made us discuss Dan G (the new Cliff B?) and his luminous beard instead. I would rather like to be talking about apexes and camber angles, displacement and heel toe techniques, Bathurst and liveries..etc

Yeah, but that child catcher montage has made my fucking week, and that wouldn't have come about if we had the game to talk about.

In fact, I demand Chitty Chitty Bang Bang gets the full autovista treatment in FM4 and child-catcher PaeDan's costume is one of the DLC racing suits.

supersaw

saladine1 said:

I would kill small animals for some track info. While it's awesome that they will continue keeping the game fresh with monthly car packs I would pay top ms points for some of the GP tracks that were missing in Forza 3. I think the only track DLC we got for 3 was the Nurburgring GP track.

Mascot

supersaw said:
I would kill small animals for some track info. While it's awesome that they will continue keeping the game fresh with monthly car packs I would pay top ms points for some of the GP tracks that were missing in Forza 3. I think the only track DLC we got for 3 was the Nurburgring GP track.

Fantasy tracks >> real-world tracks for DLC 'cos you can race them backwards.

More bang for your buck..!

Actually, why the hell can't we race real-world tracks backwards in racing games? Must be a licensing thing.
Shame really. It is only a game, after all. Would definitely add variety without a whole heap of work.

supersaw said:

I'm the same way.

While the car packs are cool I usually only cycle through 20-30 of my favorite cars. A 1977 Whatever doesn't really entice me.

I never understood why they don't add more tracks! Or even different variations of the same assets.

I really hope they do something like the Seasonal Events in GT5, I really enjoyed those breaks from the main game.

Mascot

flyinpiranha said:
I really hope they do something like the Seasonal Events in GT5, I really enjoyed those breaks from the main game.

Hell yeah. More weekly TTs would be nice, too. Or maybe when a new DLC pack is released they set up mini-tournaments or challenges involving those cars.

The possibilities are endless.

Edit: Couldn't resist. Had to put the child catcher pic over on FM.net in the Forza garage thread. Had to spread the awesomeness.

saladine1 said:

Sorry buddy, but BeardVista > Bathurst.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
I was at Stampede breakfast this morning and it was like an exotic car show. Most of the cars were owned by one guy. Thought I would share some pic's. The R32 has 550hp :eek: The lambo pic came out a bit blurry.

458italia.jpg

group.jpg

lambo.jpg

pantera.jpg

r32.jpg

vette.jpg

audiR8.jpg

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
Mascot said:
What's a stampede breakfast?

In Calgary the Stampede is going on, which is a big 2 week outdoor show, party, rodeo. It is pretty well known. Anyways, most business will have breakfasts by invite or open to the public.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
fu3lfr3nzy said:
Thats the same HPA Stage II R32 that received a GT SEMA Award in '04 and ended up in GT4/5 ;)

Yep. He had a sign at the back of the car with it's history.

Edit: I would drive that car all the time just to troll other people. 0 to 60 in 3.2s!

saladine1

supersaw said:
aoUtc.jpg

This Dorito shiller has to have one of the best collections.. IN THE WORLD!!
What I like about Leno, is that he shares his collection with everyone...In The World!
Not only that, he actually drives his cars unlike some who just store them away so they could just sit down and look at them. It's a waste really.

G Rom

duk said:
i need an italian car one day sighhh

You want an Italian car ?
There, I found a cheap Fiat 500 Abarth for you :
800px-Fiat_Cinquecento_Abarth.jpg

:lol

More serious, I regularly see 500 Abarth on the roads around here, I really love the look of the car. I saw a Punto Abarth the other day too. Surprisingly I'm seeing lots of new Mégane III RS too. I say surprisingly because I didn't see as much Mégane II RS on the roads and with the repressive laws, you'd think that less and less people would buy sporty cars.

The Mégane III RS (it's the car chosen to replace the Subarus for motorways patrols) makes me think that I saw a piece in the news the other days about two gendarmes that were patrolling in a CLS 350 :
mercedes-20110708.jpg

How much more bad ass can you get ? :lol

They got the car from a guy they busted of course...

Mascot

I'm currently mopping up the few remaining ticks on my career grid in FM3. While I absolutely love the cockpit view for the sense of immersion it brings (especially with a wheel), I'm always disappointed how muffled the audio gets when using it. You lose all road noise (apart from squeals), engine noises lose their treble and other audio layers are vastly reduced too. I know this is probably the whole idea because the cabin will insulate some sound, but next time you are racing flick between cockpit and external view (a look back with the Y button will do this) and tell me you wouldn't prefer the much richer sound available when outside the car.

It would be very simple to give us the option to tweak the audio when using different views. I hope T10 consider this for FM4.

supersaw said:
aoUtc.jpg

This Dorito shiller has to have one of the best collections.. IN THE WORLD!!

you can give the guy shit all day about being a terrible talk show host....but as a gearhead dude is as good as they get. not only does he drive everything in his collection, he has a fully functional shop and builds his own bespoke parts for cars so rare they no longer exists.

guy is a hero for car guys. doing it right.

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
Mascot said:
I'm currently mopping up the few remaining ticks on my career grid in FM3. While I absolutely love the cockpit view for the sense of immersion it brings (especially with a wheel), I'm always disappointed how muffled the audio gets when using it. You lose all road noise (apart from squeals), engine noises lose their treble and other audio layers are vastly reduced too. I know this is probably the whole idea because the cabin will insulate some sound, but next time you are racing flick between cockpit and external view (a look back with the Y button will do this) and tell me you wouldn't prefer the much richer sound available when outside the car.

It would be very simple to give us the option to tweak the audio when using different views. I hope T10 consider this for FM4.
When you do max weight reduction it should auto enable full audio levels lol

supersaw

Mascot said:

Test Drive Unlimited had the ability to open your window in cockpit view, which gave you best of both worlds. It was actually a really cool game, gave you a great illusion of just cruising in expensive cars, pity about the sequel.

With the PGR sound guy at turn10 now I have no doubts about the in-car sounds this time around.

I have a sound mod for dirt 3 pc which increases certan sounds with the exhaust and engine valves, a bit unrealistic but it sounds really cool compared to muffled earplug cockpit noises.

saladine1

Slayer-33 said:
When you do max weight reduction it should auto enable full audio levels lol
You laugh, but you are right. A stripped out cabin should resonate completely different from when the cabin is stufffed with production shit. It's not only a matter of increasing volume either as the frequency levels will change too.
I'm still waiting on ex PGR now Turn 10 Audio Lead Nick Wiswell's 'sound segment' on FM.net to show but so far nada. It'll be interesting to see what magic he has cast on FM4.

Edit: Speaking of PGR, I absolutely love how Nick and his team captured the specific BOV/Compressor Surge/WG Chatter of each vehicle!
I mean, GT and FM have been guilty over the years of using the same generic BOV sound sample for each car. Games like NFS and DIRT (especially DIRT 3) have outstanding sound samples of those effects.
I hope Nick has brought over those sounds from PGR...

Mascot

saladine1 said:
I'm still waiting on ex PGR now Turn 10 Audio Lead Nick Wiswell's 'sound segment' on FM.net to show but so far nada.

Either the planets haven't aligned properly or you haven't Facetweeted enough about it.
;)

I'm getting around the issue by jacking my new amp up as loud as I can bear it. A picture fell off the wall in an adjoining room this morning..! :lol

mw-630-cougatti-hed-f.jpg

Starting with a complete 2002 Mercury Cougar coupe, Duff set to work transforming the vehicle's entire exterior into that of a world-class supercar. He used fiberglass and composite material to create the Veyron's iconic lines, and laid it all over a tubular steel frame. After a professional paint job and plenty of buffing, the car was ready for the showroom, but Duff wasn't done yet. He then took to the Cougar's interior, covering everything from the seats to the dashboard in genuine leather. When we spoke with him, he said the project took him a full 9 months from start to finish.

Man builds his own million dollar Bugatti supercar by hand

LOL

samdavis

Neo Member
SCHUEY F1 said:

Quite possibly the most underrated, and sexiest Italian sports car ever made. They need to drop the original in Forza 4 again, as well as the GT5 and every 80s incarnation, along with the actual parts to modify it. I can't really drive a stick, but I will learn it to own one of these bad boys one day soon.

Pantera%20GT5%20-%2039.jpg

1985PANTERAGT5-021.jpg

Doodis

samdavis said:
Quite possibly the most underrated, and sexiest Italian sports car ever made. They need to drop the original in Forza 4 again, as well as the GT5 and every 80s incarnation, along with the actual parts to modify it. I can't really drive a stick, but I will learn it to own one of these bad boys one day soon.

Pantera%20GT5%20-%2039.jpg

1985PANTERAGT5-021.jpg
Please forgive my ignorance, but what car is that?

Top Bottom