• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 4 - The Floodgates Have Opened...

flyinpiranha said:
stallone-thon-judge-dredd-1995--large-msg-128155684275.jpg

Ayoh ... my cah is ready

You betrayed the LAAWW!!

mclaren777

Would it be possible to swap the engine from an AE86 into the recently announced MR2 SC?

I'm not overly familiar with the Forza franchise due to Microsoft's mismanagement of the Xbox 360, but I'm curious if I could recreate a naturally aspirated MR2 in FM4.

acm2000

mclaren777 said:
I'm not overly familiar with the Forza franchise due to Microsoft's mismanagement of the Xbox 360, but I'm curious if I could recreate a naturally aspirated MR2 in FM4.

wat? growing ever stronger even at 6 years old is mismanagement?

The Sesto Elemento was a nice surprise.

Whereas the the Reventon was just a Murcielago with a bodykit, the Sesto, at least as a concept car, takes significant strides to improve the all-important power-to-weight ratio. A Gallardo V10 pushing only 1,000 kg? Seems missile cars have returned to Forza.

BADNED has been (indirectly) confirming a bit more than usual lately. So, B, with all the supercars going around lately, and the Huayra coming eventually, is there any possibility of some more new Zondas along with the Cinque Roadster?

mclaren777

acm2000 said:
wat? growing ever stronger even at 6 years old is mismanagement?
Poor hardware reliability, grossly over-priced accessories, paying for multiplayer, etc.

I had planned to camp out for the 360 at launch but my local stores didn't get enough units, but now I'm glad I didn't invest in the platform. I really hope Microsoft avoids these mistakes in the future because I'd love to play 2-3 exclusives on the platform.

mclaren777 said:
Poor hardware reliability, grossly over-priced accessories, paying for multiplayer, etc.

I had planned to camp out for the 360 at launch but my local stores didn't get enough units, but now I'm glad I didn't invest in the platform. I really hope Microsoft avoids these mistakes in the future because I'd love to play 2-3 exclusives on the platform.

1. Get a better job
2. Make more money
3. Buy all platforms
4. ???????
5. Profit

sneaky77

mclaren777 said:

Dont all launch systems always run out?

watership

mclaren777 said:

Each console has a host of poor decisions and negatives. PS3 has had poor hardware reliability, grossly over-priced console, new iterations of hardware completely removing features. See? it's easy to pick out problems. But none of these should prevent someone from playing a platform with many, many excellent games.

skyfinch

brotkasten said:
What is this FM4 you're talking about? This is about consoles and platforms and pixels. Get out!

We were all talking about cars then suddenly everything changed. Something's not right.

Xanadu

Banned
dragonelite said:
What is so funny more money more game related budget to spend.
get a better job is a moronic response, if microsoft started charging 100 dollars for 12 month gold subscription it would be fine too? just get a better job right? it shouldnt be there in the first place, but whatever lets end this convo now before the fanboys join in

do we get a car reveal today? not sure about fridays

mclaren777 said:

Is it still 2007?

Last I checked the hardware reliability was well within reason now, the accessories cost less than Sony's (controllers, headsets, etc.), and if paying $3 a month for multiplayer is breaking the bank for you then I recommend switching hobbies. The chat capabilities over Live are worth $3 alone, nevermind the other advantages.

hayguyz

Banned
HawksWinStanley said:
and if paying $3 a month for multiplayer is breaking the bank for you then I recommend switching hobbies. The chat capabilities over Live are worth $3 alone, nevermind the other advantages.

Where can I get that for $3 a month? Everywhere I look has it for $5 or a little less.

Seanspeed

Banned
mclaren777 said:
Would it be possible to swap the engine from an AE86 into the recently announced MR2 SC?

Its only recently announced, like you said, so how on earth would any of us know exactly which engine swaps are available for it?

Stealth troll or..........I dont get it. You obviously aren't planning on getting an Xbox360 so why do you even care?

I saw a 360S 4GB for 170 and now I kinda want to buy it and pre-order FM4. When does Microsoft announce the price drop? I wanna play some Forza 3 before FM4 comes out. And Nier. And Bayonetta.

hayguyz said:
Where can I get that for $3 a month? Everywhere I look has it for $5 or a little less.

I always wait til I see the $35-$40 sales that pop up every few months. I don't know anyone who actually pays the full $60. Most online retailers have it set at $48.99 all year round.

commedieu

Banned
mclaren777 said:

all the engine swaps are "possible" but they aren't realistic in the sense of physics/drivetrain modifications/body frame... Forza goes for a more fun approach vs simulation in some aspects, like widening Nurburgring so its more fun.

also Mclaren777 isn't a troll. He calls it as it is, and if i recall correctly... hes a big Sim guy, both pc and console.

Its true that Microsoft nickle and dimes everyone on its console. Say for example you want to use your $300 dollar usb wheel on the 360 for Forza. You can't, but you can on other consoles and the PC. Say you want to play online for free, you can on other consoles, and the PC.

Don't let it bother you folks, well you clearly don't let it bug you, but stop jumping to fanboy conclusions 247 if someone has anything disparaging to say about whatever opinions you have.

As a side note, I notice a bit of trash talk in these threads, when we have a specific place for it. I'm not being a hall monitor, but there is a ton of stuff that just shows the same level of attitude turn10 has with their leading competition. Enjoy your game, but no need to talk smack. If you do, at least buy the game this time.

Xanadu

Banned
Seanspeed said:
Its only recently announced, like you said, so how on earth would any of us know exactly which engine swaps are available for it?

Stealth troll or..........I dont get it. You obviously aren't planning on getting an Xbox360 so why do you even care?
pretty sure he has one, i remember him from the forza 3 thread and maybe even the forza 2 one

Xanadu said:
get a better job is a moronic response, if microsoft started charging 100 dollars for 12 month gold subscription it would be fine too? just get a better job right? it shouldnt be there in the first place, but whatever lets end this convo now before the fanboys join in

do we get a car reveal today? not sure about fridays

Nah, it should be get 2nd job because everyone want to buy our console.

Anyway, 360 is $199, less usually with rebate, pack in etc. If you are going to come in and troll Forza but can't afford 360, then go to that other thread.

It's getting tiring to come in and read about Forza 4 update only to find more whining by fanboys still butthurt from how this gen turn out.

Man, I just want some seamless time (maybe weather) transitions for long races. It doesn't even have to be available for all tracks. Has anything been announced regarding this?
I keep hearing about races happening at different times of day, but I don't know if there are seamless transitions or if it's just one variant per race.

antiquegamer said:

Anyway, 360 is $199, less usually with rebate, pack in etc. If you are going to come in and troll Forza but can't afford 360, then go to that other thread.

It's getting tiring to come in and read about Forza 4 update only to find more whining by fanboys still butthurt from how this gen turn out.
Where/when did he troll Forza? What does Sony PR have to do with him?

I find that the whining has been pretty one sided in this thread, and it didn't came from where you're saying.

EagleEyes

Metalmurphy said:
Where/when did he troll Forza? What does Sony PR have to do with him?

I find that the whining has been pretty one sided in this thread, and it didn't came from where you're saying.
Lets just keep all this childish stuff out of this thread including your post.

adelante

commedieu said:
As a side note, I notice a bit of trash talk in these threads, when we have a specific place for it. I'm not being a hall monitor, but there is a ton of stuff that just shows the same level of attitude turn10 has with their leading competition. Enjoy your game, but no need to talk smack. If you do, at least buy the game this time.
Has Turn10 they done anything recently to reflect that same behaviour? I'd like to think comments made by fervent fans are no where near indicative of Turn10's present attitude towards the competition. Because if they haven't shown that, I'd rather the focus be on what they're gonna achieve with this new game and not hold anything they've done in the past against them.

Anyway, I can understand why people are jumping on mclaren777 for his remarks. I mean, it takes a smart person like him to hold such strong beliefs towards a company. But it takes a smarter gamer to understand that problems with hardware reliability are long gone, that there are ways to work around other issues and more importantly, such a comment would invite those of opposing views to add their say.

Turn10 needs to get more concept cars into the game. I want the VW W12 Nardò.

vw_w12c_1.jpg

lekCD.jpg

And this Holden.

sgTvZ.jpg

ads7Z.jpg

T0HMV.jpg

And get me this Ford!

yMZcx.jpg

ZAmg2.jpg

pCCNj.jpg

The AMX/3 would be nice, too.

xtmws.jpg

You hear me, Turn 10? More concept cars!

commedieu

Banned
adelante said:
Has Turn10 they done anything recently to reflect that same behaviour? I'd like to think comments made by fervent fans are no where near indicative of Turn10's present attitude towards the competition. Because if they haven't shown that, I'd rather the focus be on what they're gonna achieve with this new game and not hold anything they've done in the past against them.

Anyway, I can understand why people are jumping on mclaren777 for his remarks. I mean, it takes a smart person like him to hold such strong beliefs towards a company. But it takes a smarter gamer to understand that problems with hardware reliability are long gone, that there are ways to work around other issues and more importantly, such a comment would invite those of opposing views to add their say.

Its a double standard in the thread. Its fun to post pics and make light of other games, or compare, but when its done in a slightly different way, everyone goes ape about why its being mentioned in the first place, and directed towards the vs thread. Turn10's entire history has indicated their attitude towards their competition. I don't trust a child molester because he did it a long time ago. The attitude permeated some of community that supported it, and started using direct quotations from Dan as tags. You'd like to think something, I think something. Folks can take shots, but seems they can't stand it coming from the other direction.

Mclaren's points are all dead on, which can't be denied, but its hardly trolling when you know the guys background, if its the same guy with the mclaren image, hes a sim enthusiast. Thats the only reason I mentioned anything.

I'm just responding, but clearly since its the internet, we will never really agree on anything. I didn't mean anything malicious by what I said. Don't really want to derail the thread. In short, Mclaren is a sim fan, who isn't clear about the game, or even the console, but you see how hes pounced upon. I'm not the biggest forza fan, but I answered his question at least.

adelante

commedieu said:
I'm just responding, but clearly since its the internet, we will never really agree on anything. I didn't mean anything malicious by what I said. Don't really want to derail the thread. In short, Mclaren is a sim fan, who isn't clear about the game, or even the console, but you see how hes pounced upon. I'm not the biggest forza fan, but I answered his question at least.

Yeah, I'm with you on all this. I guess I'm just thankful that Turn10 hasn't turn out to be smug towards the competition like they were before (well at least not yet) and I can only hope that they maintain this image of themselves. And yea... I know mclaren's a sim fan; I just figured being that big an enthusiast he wouldn't mind investing on a 360 seeing as how it's also pretty cheap now. But I suppose that money could also be better spent elsewhere... :)

brotkasten said:
*concept pics*
Holy crap at that Volkswagon and Ford concepts! Damn sleek designs... the back end of that VW W12 Nardò looks awfully similar to the one I used to draw of a supercar in my sketch comics years ago haha

Shaneus

brotkasten said:
Turn10 needs to get more concept cars into the game.
Fuck, there should be a special race/series/event in Forza 4 that's purely concept. We already have the Joss which is *kind* of a concept, but I'd kill to get the GT90 and even the Indigo included!
ford-indigo.jpg

You can't say that's not fucking BOSS.

Xanadu

Banned
antiquegamer said:

ironic as you are actually the fanboy who is very defensive over this game, i love forza i've played them since 2005 and loved every game except 3 which was just great, im also a GT fan which is crazy right? cant like both! you may see me as a hater as i complain about stuff but go and look on the old GT5 thread and my old accounts fender_uk, i complained about so much stuff on GT5 as that game was a huge disappointment in many ways..i'm getting tired of defending myself here just please bear in mine i love both series and own both a 360 and ps3, but am mainly a PC gamer so i am spoilt in some ways by PC gaming (wheel settings, game options etc)

Shaneus said:
Fuck, there should be a special race/series/event in Forza 4 that's purely concept. We already have the Joss which is *kind* of a concept, but I'd kill to get the GT90 and even the Indigo included!
http://www.vehibase.com/ford-indigo.jpg/img]
You can't say that's not fucking BOSS.[/QUOTE]
loved using that in NFS2

Ty4on

I'll join the concept train with this:
1991_bmw_nasca_27_sbnf29.jpg

Could be because I love early 90's design, but I think it looks really badass, it was made by Italdesign for BMW hence the kidney grille.

On a side note, anyone here who played NFS2? Just wondering because it had the GT90 and Indigo (as well as the Nazca C2).

PGR3 and 4 had all these crazy supercar concepts. A tiny part of what made these games so amazing, indeed. I'd love to see these cars in Forza 4 as well, they were crayzay!

Another weird, but brilliantly driving one:

porsche_RUF_supercar.JPG

Xanadu said:
ironic as you are actually the fanboy who is very defensive over this game, i love forza i've played them since 2005 and loved every game except 3 which was just great, im also a GT fan which is crazy right? cant like both! you may see me as a hater as i complain about stuff but go and look on the old GT5 thread and my old accounts fender_uk, i complained about so much stuff on GT5 as that game was a huge disappointment in many ways..i'm getting tired of defending myself here just please bear in mine i love both series and own both a 360 and ps3, but am mainly a PC gamer so i am spoilt in some ways by PC gaming (wheel settings, game options etc)

Old Account?

Anyway the response about the better job was somewhat a joke.

I was making only around 30k when this gen started, and was able to afford all 3 systems at launch.

The money he complains about having to invest is really a small amount in the grand scheme of things.

And my first PS3 died 3 months after release, and it didn't make me become all nasty and negative on it.
And im not forming an opinion on something I have never owned like he is. I would gladly pay for live because its a better service than PSN. PSN is free, but if you go to a restaurant you can have a free glass of water or a glass of wine.

Xanadu

Banned
soundscream said:
Old Account?

Anyway the response about the better job was somewhat a joke.

I was making only around 30k when this gen started, and was able to afford all 3 systems at launch.

The money he complains about having to invest is really a small amount in the grand scheme of things.

And my first PS3 died 3 months after release, and it didn't make me become all nasty and negative on it.
And im not forming an opinion on something I have never owned like he is. I would gladly pay for live because its a better service than PSN. PSN is free, but if you go to a restaurant you can have a free glass of water or a glass of wine.
i care as i get a much much better service on PC and thats free but i have to pay for xbox live? i only ever play gold when i get free month vouchers, its the principle more than anything. it should be free..but as i said we should move on because it will cause a huge flamefest and i cbf lol

loving the NFS2 cars being posted, one of my favourite cars to drive in NFS2 is the jaguar xj220, that car gets absolutely no love but its one of my favourite supercars ever, best lookng supercar ever made imo

XJ220_1.jpg

stunning

Ty4on

Pizza Luigi said:
PGR3 and 4 had all these crazy supercar concepts. A tiny part of what made these games so amazing, indeed. I'd love to see these cars in Forza 4 as well, they were crayzay!

Another weird, but brilliantly driving one:

porsche_RUF_supercar.JPG
I'd love to make that into a little rocket for keep the it. Maybe for when I'm too serious for the V8 Aveo.

Xanadu

Banned
Goldrusher said:
i was banned in the GT5 thread for "trolling" when all i was doing was pointing out negatives in the game is that not allowed? i admit i went overboard sometimes but i am a better user now

i have both positive and negative things to say about forza and GT, both are great series though

Top Bottom