• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 4 - The Floodgates Have Opened...

Doodis said:
Were drag races in the career? I'm on season five now and have never encountered one.

Yeah, I got to level 41 on my first save (that got deleted) and I never saw Drag or Endurance. I've been trying to choose random things this time to see what happens (level 22 or so) and still haven't seen either.

eso76

did anyone see the Forza 4 at nurburgring party on fm.net in the media-videos section ?
i don't think anyone has mentioned it here.
doesn't show much, but there's a couple snippets from the nurburgring gp track

Mascot

The drag races in FM3 were diabolical for a whole host of reasons, but their biggest crime against humanity was that the loading took twelve times longer than the actual action (if you can call simply holding an accelerator down for five seconds "action").

I wouldn't mourn its passing in FM4 for one second but please Turn 10, if drag racing does have to be included then for the love of God do it properly or don't do it at all.

adelante

eso76 said:
did anyone see the Forza 4 at nurburgring party on fm.net in the media-videos section ?
i don't think anyone has mentioned it here.
doesn't show much, but there's a couple snippets from the nurburgring gp track
I'm quite sure we talked about it (this thread was created when the LCE M5 coverart was revealed afterall). Shinn even uploaded this glorious cockpit footage (recorded by XboxFront.de): http://youtu.be/zivCYit4Fl0?hd=1

brotkasten said:
Are we now allowed to rev the cars at the start of the race, or is this still an animation during the countdown?

You can right now in FM3 with "manual w/ clutch" shifting. It's much easier if you swap the handbrake and clutch buttons in the settings, away from the default of A and LB, respectively.

saladine1

A little OT here but saw this on the official forums. This shit looks amazing!!:

PLpwO.jpg

W5ORG.jpg

8qHp1.jpg

CpnIk.jpg

eX869.jpg

OBpbU.jpg

http://afroafroguy.deviantart.com/gallery/?offset=0

Fuck me, that is some awesome work right there!
How long 'till we see games looking like this?

Xanadu

Banned
AlmostMilk said:
I don't even know whats real anymore. The cars in the game and cars in real life look the same! I am goin crazy!
i thought it was quite obvious those are not from forza 4, they look almost real

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
Xanadu said:
i thought it was quite obvious those are not from forza 4, they look almost real

From my ipod it looked better than forza, from my pc it looks worse imo.

But I guess it's the jpg artifacts that mess it up you can't really see those artifacts on the ipods screen.

eso76

adelante said:
I'm quite sure we talked about it (this thread was created when the LCE M5 coverart was revealed afterall). Shinn even uploaded this glorious cockpit footage (recorded by XboxFront.de): http://youtu.be/zivCYit4Fl0?hd=1

yes, yes i remember this and i remember complaining because they stopped recording the instant the replay started. But i haven't seen the official video mentioned anywhere.

OrangeOak

Jamesways

eso76 said:
yes, yes i remember this and i remember complaining because they stopped recording the instant the replay started. But i haven't seen the official video mentioned anywhere.

That BMW cockpit looks soooo frickin' good!
I can't wait.

Xanadu

Banned
Sir Fragula said:
I have literally only just come across the fact that there's going to be some Top Gear shite in my Forza 4. Disappointing. :(
i dont see it as a bad thing, the track is fun and hopefully the stupid football stuff wont be in the career

Seanspeed

Banned
Xanadu said:
i liked it in GT5
Its fun in a gimmicky way, which is fine, but the track layout certainly isn't anything to brag about and you cant actually race on it due to the figure eight configuration.

I'd much rather have gotten pretty much any real road course instead. But thats just me.

Xanadu

Banned
Seanspeed said:
Its fun in a gimmicky way, which is fine, but the track layout certainly isn't anything to brag about and you cant actually race on it due to the figure eight configuration.

I'd much rather have gotten pretty much any real road course instead. But thats just me.
well yea of course, a track i really want is goodwood, i hardly ever see this requested but its a track with a lot of history and a good little track

Mascot

LTTP, but I finally got round to playing around with the triple-screen in-car FOV glitch tonight (there were early rumours that it corrupted your game save which put me off until now). Wow! What a difference! I set it at 80 degrees which seemed about perfect for most of the vehicles I tried, making it feel like I was actually in the driving seat intead of sitting on the dashboard with my face pressed up against the windscreen.

Did Turn 10 ever say why the default view in FM3 was so close, and why they 'hid' the option to adjust it in the multi-screen menu? I know the cockpit FOV in FM4 is pulled back a little by default, but I seriousy hope the option to fine tune it (even using a glitch) will still exist when the game launches.

Jamesways

Mascot said:
Did Turn 10 ever say why the default view in FM3 was so close, and why they 'hid' the option to adjust it in the multi-screen menu? I know the cockpit FOV in FM4 is pulled back a little by default, but I seriousy hope the option to fine tune it (even using a glitch) will still exist when the game launches.

Che said it was so that you see as much of the track as possible, and that you shouldn't need to see the dials, since that's why you have a HUD.

Real sim racers don't use in car views either, at least that was the excuse in fm2 when cockpits were "a complete waste of resources".

Doodis

Do most people hate Top Gear? I enjoy it myself and am looking forward to the partnership, but I just discovered and started watching Top Gear around two months ago (yes, I know, sheltered yankee).

Doodis said:
Do most people hate Top Gear? I enjoy it myself and am looking forward to the partnership, but I just discovered and started watching Top Gear around two months ago (yes, I know, sheltered yankee).

It seems that most people hating on Top Gear would rather watch a normal Car Review show, which there are plenty. One more boring and sterile than the next. Could also be that people can't accept comedy in conjunction with cars.

Doodis said:
The Top Gear integration is probably the main reason I'm picking this game up. For me its honestly one of the best shows ever made, whether you love cars or not.

ConvenientBox said:
turn10,

Alpine Ring
Rio
blue mountain.

That is all.

shinnn said:
Forza Garage: Thursday Roundup is up

1988 Mitsubishi Starion ESI-R (new)
1990 Lotus Carlton
1988 Lamborghini Countach LP5000 QV

http://download.xbox.com/content/mgs/forza/en-US/forzamain/blog/mainimage/FM4_1988_Mitsubishi_Starion_1.jpg[IMG]
[IMG]http://download.xbox.com/content/mgs/forza/en-US/forzamain/blog/mainimage/FM4_1988_Mitsubishi_Starion_2.jpg
datass.jpg

sneaky77

ConvenientBox said:
turn10,

blue mountain.

That is all.

They really should bring back all the FM1 and FM2 tracks they have cut from other games, plus all the new stuff from FM3 and new tracks from FM4

Xanadu

Banned
Doodis said:
from what i see on youtube, a lot of americans dislike top gear due to jeremys comments on american cars..and america in general lol

Xanadu said:
from what i see on youtube, a lot of americans dislike top gear due to jeremys comments on american cars..and america in general lol
I hope this is sarcasm and your not seriously forming an opinion off youtube comments.

KingDizzi

Banned
Doodis said:

I hate the show personally, it's less about cars and more about middle aged men trying their hardest to be funny. Watched it as a kid while my brain was growing but now that by IQ exceeds that of a banana I don't bother anymore. The track is also really boring, given it a go in GT5 and there is absolutely nothing interesting about it, watching the Forza video and seeing shit like car football and running over bowling pins does not excite be either.

Top Gear aside I am SOOOOO fucking hyped for this game, getting a Slim November time for just this game and also GeOW3. There is so online pass shit for this game right? I'm renting and really want to give this a go online.

MattKeil

BIGTIME TV MOGUL #2
Doodis said:

I've worked in magazine format television for ten years, and I think the UK Top Gear is the best magazine format show currently being made. Incredible production work, top notch host chemistry, just a really fun watch all around. I certainly wouldn't use it as a basis for car purchase decisions, but it's great entertainment.

Xanadu

Banned
KingDizzi said:
I hate the show personally, it's less about cars and more about middle aged men trying their hardest to be funny.
i agree with this, i prefer the earlier seasons (2&3 for example) where it was more about the cars but there was still subtle comedy in there, it felt more natural

Top Bottom