• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 5 |OT| Open wheel, tyre squeal, orange peel, dat next-gen feel

I've bought forza digitally on day 1 didn't they say you still get the day 1 edition cars? How doi get hem. My forza rewards cars haven't come through either.

zorbsie

would be nice if some pm me their gamertag, last time on xbox was 2008 so im on a new account :)

or addme: Shir0saki

I'll add you to the google doc. Feel free to PM me the other info on that doc and I'll add it in. Also a good time to bring up that this doc exists now that people have the game. I'm adding a link to it in the OT under useful links.

KaYotiX

Banned
Forza Motorsport 5: Where people buy driving games yet hate to drive

I have had enough GAF for today

Agree, gaf has kinda been a cesspool since these new consloes were released.

What happened to the days were ppl bought a game and had fun with it? Now its buy game, play for 20 mins and post on forums for 5 hours about how much it sucks.

Im liking forza 5 alot, driveatars are a great addition

Forza Motorsport 5: Where people buy driving games yet hate to drive

I have had enough GAF for today
Well I made a separate thread to keep it from hitting up every other thread, including this one. Having one central place to discuss it seems right.

But lets just say that we all have a different conception of where the line is drawn between organic and fun gameplay with a fitting reward structure and a grind. But if that grind didn't exist at all, to anyone, there would be no market for DLC time savers and tokens.

At least this way, with the word getting out, potential buyers have the information they need to make an informed choice. Some will care, others won't.

Xanadu

Banned

What happened to the days were ppl bought a game and had fun with it? Now its buy game, play for 20 mins and post on forums for 5 hours about how much it sucks.

Im liking forza 5 alot, driveatars are a great addition

lol yea right microtransactions arent terrible or anything

Deefuzz

The tokens take a little while to arrive. Mine took under 24 hours.

Is that the same thing with the exclusive in game player card badge?

Also are all the exclusive cars the one's listed DLC in the car list? I don't see them in my garage so I assume I still have to actually buy them with in game credits?

Been a while since I played a proper Forza so I forget how all this stuff works

.hacked

1st time I have ever played a forza game, played the PGR games this one has been lots of fun so far.

After 45mins of trial and error I did manage to make a blackjack for my in game Mini Cooper.

bExp12Bl.jpg

Jasper real life

GlIawCIl.jpg

Jasper in game

Is it just me or is the AI in this game seriously good? I dont think ive seen better.

They dont cower like codemasters f1 ai, they dont just drive around track as if theyre the only ones there, they actually attack.

They fight, they scrap, they try to go three wide through corners.

Theyll cover the racing line and theyll squeeze the crap out of you when you go for an ambitious overtake, but still keep spatial awareness so they dont just crush you into a wall as long as youre not just trying a divebomb.

Even watching drivatars fight amongst themselves ahead of me is cool.
Any more than two or three cars within a few metres of the apex of a corner sees everyone smashing in to each other for me. :/ I'm currently driving +20% drivatar difficulty so maybe that's it but, still, it's like a bunch of seagulls fighting over a single chip at the apex.

Majanew

Banned
AI still seems pretty stupid when I race. Always slamming into my car and the first turn in a race is always bumper cars. And yes, I'm hooked in to the cloud.

AlexMogil

Has anyone ever had their car roll out of the garage? It just slowly rolled out of the front wall, through the bush, and reset itself smack dab into the middle of the garage again.

I can't believe I didn't record it.

eso76

this much is true, but I'm really happy with all the backlash fm5 dlc and token incident is causing.
There must be at least 5 busy threads on the subject on GAF alone. Now, reviews might not reflect that, but its something devs and publishers can't ignore.
T10 in particular is really testing their luck I think.
The series has crossed the line where business and focus groups start being more important than developer's passion and will.
They went too far and while I'm loving the game for various reasons, if t10 (or is it microsoft's decision ?) shows the same attitude with 6 I'm out for good.

LowerLevel

Has anyone ever had their car roll out of the garage? It just slowly rolled out of the front wall, through the bush, and reset itself smack dab into the middle of the garage again.

I can't believe I didn't record it.

Holy crap! I thought I was hallucinating. Ok, thanks for making me sane.

lol yea right microtransactions arent terrible or anything

I know I am in the minority but I seriously don't mind them. I love using them at times honestly. I will probably use them in both F5 and GT6.

I think they are life savers for those of us with a family, jobs and a busy life.

So I got the limited edition of the game, where are all the cars that come with it? Do I have to buy every single one? Also, I don't see my tokens or anything :/

p3tran

Banned
so, anybody can tell us (preferably a good driver) about how much his drivatar brings to the table after a night's hard work?

PG2G

so, anybody can tell us (preferably a good driver) about how much his drivatar brings to the table after a night's hard work?

It is weird, I saw my Drivatar give me money yesterday but nothing today. Or does it just do it at a certain time per day?

hwy_61

Banned
Boy, do I suck a fat one at Forza 5....

You guys got any tips for a noob? I'm driving a Mazda mx-5 at the moment. The difficulty I'm playing at is hard. I know, why don't you play on easy or normal? I don't know. I thought I'd never get better if I played at those easier difficulties.

School me, duders.

So for those that may run into similar issues that I did (game constantly crashes on trying to load a certain course)...

What has fixed it SO far for me...

Go to the actual Games & Apps section. Press the Menu/Start button on Forza, uninstall. If you're using the disc version (as I am), disconnect from live. Install the game (this installs it without the patch first). After the installation is completely done, reconnect to live, download the patch... And it has worked so far.

Getting the patch to download was tricky and I actually have no idea what finally MADE it download it. I would launch the game, and Press A, it would tell me I needed the newest patch for my profile save. Eventually after I loaded the game maybe the 20th time or so, it asked me to update. Download and installed, works fine so far (cross fingers here).

Raudi

For those of you missing your tokens, go to buy a car and see if they show as available on the buy screen.

My Forza Profile lists my credits and 0 tokens, but when buying cars I have access to the 1250 tokens.

I'm only missing my Forza Loyalty reward cars now, haven't received them as gifts and they are not listed under my rewards on fm.net???? (so far only received 70K credits from T4 bonus)

Raudi

It is weird, I saw my Drivatar give me money yesterday but nothing today. Or does it just do it at a certain time per day?

They show up at a certain time 6pm CST for me

My Drivatar drove 2x as many races as yesterday, but still only pays out ~11,800 credits :(

LowerLevel

So far, yesterday, I got just over 3k and today just over 4k in cred. Of course my Drivetar is only around 8-10% synced.

2beep

Banned
if some guys here want to buy the xbox one thrustmaster wheel, heres the cheapest i found: 4launch.nl with shipping still 75€ cheaper than amazon.de :D

chat said they get it dec 2nd, but i think eu is around the 13th

HokieJoe

this much is true, but I'm really happy with all the backlash fm5 dlc and token incident is causing.
There must be at least 5 busy threads on the subject on GAF alone. Now, reviews might not reflect that, but its something devs and publishers can't ignore.
The series has crossed the line where business and focus groups start being more important than developer's passion and will.
They went too far and while I'm loving the game for various reasons, if t10 (or is it microsoft's decision ?) shows the same attitude with 6 I'm out for good.

Do their DLC decisions force you to 'grind' to earn new cars; or can you play the game like every other Forza game and get new cars reasonably well?

HokieJoe

Boy, do I suck a fat one at Forza 5....

You guys got any tips for a noob? I'm driving a Mazda mx-5 at the moment. The difficulty I'm playing at is hard. I know, why don't you play on easy or normal? I don't know. I thought I'd never get better if I played at those easier difficulties.

School me, duders.

The idea is to slow down just enough to hit the apex of the turn and get back on the accelerator as fast as possible while exiting the turn. If you hit it a curve too fast you'll plow thru the turn and very likely miss the apex. Learn to feather your throttle as you exit a turn and then nail it once the car is going straight again.

BTW, it'll be easier for you to race with race line and ABS on. Learn to drive with all of the other assists off.

chifanpoe

1st time I have ever played a forza game, played the PGR games this one has been lots of fun so far.

After 45mins of trial and error I did manage to make a blackjack for my in game Mini Cooper.

bExp12Bl.jpg

Jasper real life

GlIawCIl.jpg

Jasper in game

Does it have a LSD stock for the R56 S, from 07-09?

Orca

Bullshit, those threads are full of people who've never played the game talking out of their asses about what they've heard from other people who haven't played the game - all assumptions that appear to be wrong, but they won't listen to reason because THEY HEARD SO AND SO SAID, so anyone arguing based on reality is just a fanboy.

It's embarrassing to read that shit over and over again. I mean people are criticizing a racing game for 'making' you race... It's fucking GameFAQs up in here all of a sudden.

Anyone have this problem?

Forza was downloaded enough to start by this morning. I started the game, did the first race, chose my car and paint scheme, and loaded up the Bernese Alps race. After it loads, it shows the description of Drivatars with a prompt to hit A. When I hit A, it immediately drops me back to the home menu, sometimes with Forza in the main tile, sometimes with My Games and Apps in the main tile.

So I thought, OK, not installed enough. So I let it go all day and now it finished installing, but it's doing the same exact thing. I cannot get past that Drivatar screen... dumped back to the home menu every time. If it has Forza in the tile and I resume, it just goes through the logos, title screen, loading, etc. every time.

I skipped Forza 4, and really enjoyed the first race on 5, but I cannot for the life of me get it to start!

Edit: There's also no way to get to a main menu or back out or anything. Immediately after the start screen it starts loading the Bernese Alps race.

hwy_61

Banned
The idea is to slow down just enough to hit the apex of the turn and get back on the accelerator as fast as possible while exiting the turn. If you hit it a curve too fast you'll plow thru the turn and very likely miss the apex. Learn to feather your throttle as you exit a turn and then nail it once the car is going straight again.

BTW, it'll be easier for you to race with race line and ABS on. Learn to drive with all of the other assists off.

Cool. Thanks for the pointers, man.

I'm finding the AI quite challenging and much better than any other racing game I've played. While they do bump and grind a bit, I found that if you are aware of their presence, adjust your line accordingly, in other words give them space, that the AI is quite good. I've only experienced getting straight up rammed by the AI on a couple of occasions. Much more frequently, I'm going two-three wide with little, if any, contact. What I like most about the AI is the unpredictability. In many other racing games, when there are many cars close together it becomes a conga line with little fighting for position. I see blocking on straights, different lines in corners to defend or pass, and screw ups/crashes that don't feel scripted.

Mascot

I know I am in the minority but I seriously don't mind them. I love using them at times honestly. I will probably use them in both F5 and GT6.

I think they are life savers for those of us with a family, jobs and a busy life.
Why make you pay money to unlock the content though? The game is yours, you already paid for it. Why not let you just unlock everything if that's what you choose to do? Why make you pay more money for access to content you already paid for? Your game, your choice.

LeBoef

Got a question and couldnt follow the thread over the weekend. Maybe its been already answered.
As a lce owner, what do i get?

I ve redeemed the code, thats all right? Day1 dlc still costs and has nothing to do with it, correct?
Anything else i missed?

Top Bottom