• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 6 |OT| Forza turns 10

IMO two laps arent enough to heat up the tires completley to have the full grip level
Maybe in real life, in Forza, the tyres are heated almost perfectly directly after a burnout start in an AWD car. Check your telemetry.
Ok... maybe not in the wet, but 1 lap is definitely enough.

spookytapes

Neo Member
Why doesn't the career tell you what PI your car needs to be before you start a series?

who knows? there are a lot of kind of baffling decisions that have been made in this career mode.

lack of a clean lap indicator, no points for races or "winning" a series, etc. I'm sure people will continue to add more as they notice them.

zorbsie

I know people aren't fans of mods, but I really like them. As someone who uses some assists, they are a good push to try to race without some. The bonus payouts are also nice :)

Stevey

If you select Manual Upgrade, it does, but yeah, it'd be nice if the PI was front and center.

It's so dumb, it's like they go out of there way to make the career more and more confusing with each game.
Like there's no sense of progression at all this time, every series so far I can choose 6 classes of car.
God, i wish it was like 3 or even 4's career.

Marmac

Banned
The Nurburgring's road textures are the best I've ever seen in a game.

Screenshot-Original.png

Still looks too much like plastic.

I know people aren't fans of mods, but I really like them. As someone who uses some assists, they are a good push to try to race without some. The bonus payouts are also nice :)

I am with you. I love the Dare mods and I actually use quite a few of the Boost mods. Especially the ones that increase Affinity/XP/Credit payouts.

zorbsie

Still looks too much like plastic.

Oh thank god some one said it. Driveclub does such a better job with the wet tarmac. Make my eyes bleed every time I have to see that texture. Of course at 1080p and 60fps I'll let it slide.

Junior drive by bullshit.

frontieruk

Oh thank god some one said it. Driveclub does such a better job with the wet tarmac. Make my eyes bleed every time I have to see that texture. Of course at 1080p and 60fps I'll let it slide.

Com'on everyone should of Just ignored it, we'd made it over 800posts we could of let one slide.

Right? I am glad people are dropping by to drop pointless shit like that so we know how stupid we are for enjoying this game. Man, he sure showed us!

zorbsie

I am with you. I love the Dare mods and I actually use quite a few of the Boost mods. Especially the ones that increase Affinity/XP/Credit payouts.

Love the various payouts they give. Some of the packs are pretty expensive. But I've got to spend this gifted 25M on something :)

Com'on everyone should of Just ignored it, we'd made it over 800posts we could of let one slide.

You're right. I have just added him to the ignore list. Problem solved.

frontieruk

Love the various payouts they give. Some of the packs are pretty expensive. But I've got to spend this gifted 25M on something :)

You're right. I have just added him to the ignore list. Problem solved.

So are we arranging anything for the weekend? Perhaps get a drop in Forza party going? Are people up for that?

Noobcraft

Forza Fridays works for me. What time zones are we all in? We should work out a time to set it up.
I'm thinking 9:00 PM Central but that leaves out most of Eurogaf :/. What works well for everyone?
(7:00 Pacific, 10:00 Eastern)

I also think Forza Friday this week should include the following events:

The Tortoise and the Hare - Nurburgring Nordschleife (Night) with the choice of either a stock Rolls Royce Wraith or the Lotus E23. Drivers are locked in Cockpit View and driving lines are forced off.
Estimated Time: 10 minutes

Figure 24 - Top Gear Test Track (Full, Wet). 24 players racing their choice of track toy (stock) for 3 laps around a wet Top Gear Test Track. Forced Cockpit View, driving lines recommended.
Estimated time: 10 minutes

Just had a race at alps full curcuit, 800pp class, Pro difficulty. There was one drivatar that I absolutely couldn't catch, chased him for 2 full laps and at ~2 seconds distance, I couldn't get any closer. At the finish line I stopped and waited for the guy in 3rd position to cross the line to see how far behind that one guy he was, it was 26 seconds in a 4 lap race on the second highest difficulty.

I usually think that this "your drivatar behaves like you, if you're a better driver, you will have a better drivatar" is bullshit, because if you adjust the difficulty, the system says it loads new drivatar info, but the names on the grid stay the same. But, you know, that one Drivatar's name was
P3tRaN

frontieruk

I'm thinking 9:00 PM Central but that leaves out most of Eurogaf :/. What works well for everyone?
(7:00 Pacific, 10:00 Eastern)

I also think Forza Friday this week should include the following events:

The Tortoise and the Hare - Nurburgring Nordschleife (Night) with the choice of either a stock Rolls Royce Wraith or the Lotus E23. Drivers are locked in Cockpit View and driving lines are forced off.
Estimated Time: 10 minutes

Figure 24 - Top Gear Test Track (Full, Wet). 24 players racing their choice of track toy (stock) for 3 laps around a wet Top Gear Test Track. Forced Cockpit View, driving lines recommended.
Estimated time: 10 minutes

I was thinking more of impromptu drop in sessions for Forza Fridays is server goes up and it rolls on through Euro to North America people rolling in and dropping out as the time zones roll by. But perhaps having a couple of highlight races at a time suitable to most might make the lobby swell.

Just had a race at alps full curcuit, 800pp class, Pro difficulty. There was one drivatar that I absolutely couldn't catch, chased him for 2 full laps and at ~2 seconds distance, I couldn't get any closer. At the finish line I stopped and waited for the guy in 3rd position to cross the line to see how far behind that one guy he was, it was 26 seconds in a 4 lap race on the second highest difficulty.

I usually think that this "your drivatar behaves like you, if you're a better driver, you will have a better drivatar" is bullshit, because if you adjust the difficulty, the system says it loads new drivatar info, but the names on the grid stay the same. But, you know, that one Drivatar's name was
P3tRaN

I think some of you may have missed this earlier. There is a bug in the Drivatars, Dan posted about it in the official forum:

"We are looking into this issue. We have ruled out rubber banding and other oddities. It appears to be a higher skilled Drivatar being pulled into the incorrect difficulty group and placed in pole, but we don't have it completely isolated yet. We do not see this as low priority. We hear the community and enter your feedback directly into our database. Rest assured that this will not effect the amount of CR/XP you will earn."

I think some of you may have missed this earlier. There is a bug in the Drivatars, Dan posted about it in the official forum:

"We are looking into this issue. We have ruled out rubber banding and other oddities. It appears to be a higher skilled Drivatar being pulled into the incorrect difficulty group and placed in pole, but we don't have it completely isolated yet. We do not see this as low priority. We hear the community and enter your feedback directly into our database. Rest assured that this will not effect the amount of CR/XP you will earn."

Wouldn't explain the phenomenon when it occurs on Unbeatable, right?

To me, it almost feels like sometimes the pole and maybe even the #2 get mods that are too powerful assigned to them.

Devildoll

I so wish i could join you guys on friday, but i will likely not be able to make it.

Just published a big beginner's decal guide. Please check it out:

How to get and apply custom decals in Forza 6
Nice, the player made vinyls are pretty hidden, I think there should be a big square on the Customise section that says "find vinyls" just like the one that says "find designs" for all the paint jobs.

Wouldn't explain the phenomenon when it occurs on Unbeatable, right?

To me, it almost feels like sometimes the pole and maybe even the #2 get mods that are too powerful assigned to them.

Indeed, i'd assume hidden benefits for those few cars that get way ahead, unless they have some top secret tier full of digital stig's that aren't in the game yet.

Bet that was it. My difficulty was also set to 40%, got that wrong in my post, I forgot to set it back to Pro from a free play test.

"We do not see this is as a low priority"
It happened to me once as far as I know and as long as it's just one Drivatar and not 3... not so important.

Sordid

I think everyone is getting this.

I received it on my first roll and I have seen a lot of other people say they received it as well.

Did anyone miss the Bugatti?

On my second roll I won $1 million credits.

I'm a level 10, haven't had a single jackpot yet :*(

DirtyLarry

Just a question about the Career itself.
So last night I did the 3 Qualifying races, then did the first two Championships or Events, I forget how they are referring to them (One was 3 or 4 races, the other was 5 races). I left off on the USA Street one.
So my question is are they no longer providing places for the "events?" All I had was a checkmark indicating I had completed it. I did not see anything about what place I ended up with??
The second one with the five races especially, I placed 1st in every single race, so was surprised to see just a checkmark saying I had just completed it.
Or am I not looking somewhere or understanding something?

TIA to anyone that can answer.
DL

I think I made the tune available online. It controls terribly so fair warning. I couldn't bring myself to replace the stock whitewall tires/dat suspension.

With the RUF CTR2 in Forza 5, you could make a build with which you could keep the wheelie up over a distance if you feathered the throttle right. P3tRaN made a video, but it's not available anymore. Looked insane, he overtook the whole grid in multiplayer at the start in Indanapolis doing a wheelie and kept it up through parts of the corners even.

Lima

Just a question about the Career itself.
So last night I did the 3 Qualifying races, then did the first two Championships or Events, I forget how they are referring to them (One was 3 or 4 races, the other was 5 races). I left off on the USA Street one.
So my question is are they no longer providing places for the "events?" All I had was a checkmark indicating I had completed it. I did not see anything about what place I ended up with??
The second one with the five races especially, I placed 1st in every single race, so was surprised to see just a checkmark saying I had just completed it.
Or am I not looking somewhere or understanding something?

TIA to anyone that can answer.
DL

You just have to get in Top 3. As long as you get Top 3 the career advances, if not you have to repeat the race. You don't have to win.

terrible

Banned
Has anyone tried racing a stock Tesla yet? Holy hell what are they using for brakes? That thing is truly awful.

I feel like I'm trying to stop a train when I use it.

Grassy

Bet that was it. My difficulty was also set to 40%, got that wrong in my post, I forgot to set it back to Pro from a free play test.

"We do not see this is as a low priority"
It happened to me once as far as I know and as long as it's just one Drivatar and not 3... not so important.

I've noticed that restarting a race because of crashing out or whatever can "fix" this issue. It seems to be random of course. I'm only racing on Highly Skilled but I'm finding I can chase down the lead driver more often than not when it happens. I probably should step up a level but I'm having fun so I'll leave it for now.

Dubz

Why is this thread so dead? The game has great reviews, and it also addressed many fan complaints. Releasing near Destiny TTK a bad idea?

TheShocker

If you're an existing VIP member, is the FM6 VIP discounted? It was from FM5 to FH2....I can't pick this up until Friday. The wait is killing me!

Top Bottom