• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 6 |OT| Forza turns 10

Mayjaplaya

Neo Member
Why is this thread so dead? The game has great reviews, and it also addressed many fan complaints. Releasing near Destiny TTK a bad idea?

There's little to drama about. You pretty much answered the question yourself. Reviews are high and flaws are few.

Somebody in my local Craigslist has thrown up the Forza 6 + Xbox One LE BNIB for $350. I'm so tempted to make the jump, before the holidays.

eastx

Nice, the player made vinyls are pretty hidden, I think there should be a big square on the Customise section that says "find vinyls" just like the one that says "find designs" for all the paint jobs.

Agreed - a bunch of the menus are really unintuitive. User-created content is definitely not highlighted as well as it should be, either. Strange flaws for a game that's already on its sixth numbered iteration.

Thanks for adding my guide to the OP, FrontierUK!

I ordered an Xbox One and this game on a whim tonight. Never even considered getting an Xbox before, but just felt the need all of a sudden.

It is also bundled with Fifa 16 and I pre-ordered Halo 5 at the same time, I think I will have all bases covered with those three for a while.

I already have a huge Steam list of games I haven't played yet, MGSV to get through and just bought the season pass for Driveclub... Help!

Grassy

Why is this thread so dead? The game has great reviews, and it also addressed many fan complaints. Releasing near Destiny TTK a bad idea?

It's been in early access for the last week so there hasn't been a lot of people playing it so far. I think the release date is the 18th for Europe.
September is a busy month all-round. I stopped playing MGS V and Mad Max when Forza 6 released, and I won't be buying PES 16 as I just don't have the time. I don't think it's just Destiny.

I ordered an Xbox One and this game on a whim tonight. Never even considered getting an Xbox before, but just felt the need all of a sudden.

It is also bundled with Fifa 16 and I pre-ordered Halo 5 at the same time, I think I will have all bases covered with those three for a while.

I already have a huge Steam list of games I haven't played yet, MGSV to get through and just bought the season pass for Driveclub... Help!

Yeah, I know how that feels...

Hawk269

I think, like others have said, the game is getting great reviews and a lot of people are just playing the game. For me, I have been playing a bit more than posting, I also have other stuff going on. The game is fantastic, still some complaints like any other game, for the most part it is a pretty solid game. Played Rio in reverse last night, damn very nice in reverse. Would love to have Rio at night, with building windows lit up etc.

leng jai

Somehow I don't think "everyone is playing the game" is ever a valid excuse for a slow moving thread. I'm sure everyone is playing games like MGS, Witcher 3 etc and their threads are enormous. Forza 5 and Horizon 2 moved much faster than this I'm sure, so it seems strange this thread hasn't even cracked 1000 replies yet.

Noobcraft

Somehow I don't think "everyone is playing the game" is ever a valid excuse for a slow moving thread. I'm sure everyone is playing games like MGS, Witcher 3 etc and their threads are enormous. Forza 5 and Horizon 2 moved much faster than this I'm sure, so it seems strange this thread hasn't even cracked 1000 replies yet.
The OT didn't hit until a couple days after the game launched and most of the launch day talk happened in the 3D puddles thread. Plus the game hasn't launched in Europe yet. There are 16+ pages in that thread that covered what's normally in an OT because there wasn't one when the Ultimate Edition launched.

DirtyLarry

You just have to get in Top 3. As long as you get Top 3 the career advances, if not you have to repeat the race. You don't have to win.
Thank you. I eventually came to realize this on my own after I posted when I finally got a 4th place. LOL Shitty car selection will do that to you.

I am truly enjoying the hell out of it myself, but I am what one would label and not so serious racing game player. I just enjoy the hell out of driving fast and not any of the technical stuff like tuning and all of that. I just leave everything on normal and drive fast basically. One of these days I may learn to drive with everything off, but honestly I am not sure I ever will bother, as I just like racing with a small challenge and seeming like I am a good driver when I am really not.

Also the game truly does looks great in motion. It really does.

terrible

Banned

The previous thread was going through multiple pages a day until the early release. It's mostly been the same people posting and we're all now playing the game so I don't really think it's wrong to say it's died down because everyone is playing. I think most people are still just going through the single player too so there's not a lot of community talk going on yet either.

Forza isn't really the same as the Witcher or MGS because there's nothing story related to talk about.

Let me tell you a story about this douchey Drivatar who keeps putting me in the wall at Bathurst.

Damn that track can be tough with 24 cars. I had to turn damage off.

Revas

The last thread was flying for the most part. This one being slow is likely because most of the folks interested in the game are playing it more than talking about it here.

Lima

Man I'm really happy that following a creator actually does something now in Forza 6. What a useless option that was in 5 and FH2.

Now it puts designs and tunes at the front if available for the car when searching. Makes it easier to just pick up all of H3rtz Donut's great designs.

Grassy

The game hasn't released in Europe and other territories yet, and has been in early access for the last week as I already said.
Let's not compare thread-sizes for an exclusive Xbox racing game to two open-world, third-person, multi-platform titles from series' with huge fan-bases which have both been the most successful in their franchises history(well MGS V should be if it sold 3 million in it's first 5 days)...come on son, of course those threads are going to be massive.

The Forza 5 OT is only at ~80 pages(100ppp) after two years, so I think we're on-track to overtake that, with or without my shitty puns.

lem0n

Ah, unbanned finally. Been playing since the Ultimate edition dropped! Its the best Motorsport game yet. I never thought 4 would be topped.

To all those that have run into my Drivatar (VirtualxRacer), I aplogize in advance! Haha

leng jai

The game hasn't released in Europe and other territories yet, and has been in early access for the last week as I already said.
Let's not compare thread-sizes for an exclusive Xbox racing game to two open-world, third-person, multi-platform titles from series' with huge fan-bases which have both been the most successful in their franchises history(well MGS V should be if it sold 3 million in it's first 5 days)...come on son, of course those threads are going to be massive.

The Forza 5 OT is only at ~80 pages(100ppp) after two years, so I think we're on-track to overtake that, with or without my shitty puns.

I was just using those games as an example of "everyone's playing so no one is posting" when it's obviously a false argument. Keep in mind MGS has a dedicated story thread which alone is 10 times bigger than this OT. How many replies has the Forza 5 thread had in the last year? This is the sixth Forza game so it's not like this franchise doesn't have a sizeable fanbase. 800 posts several days after it's been launched in NA is slow for this forum especially when by all reports it's a great entry.

Anyway I don't even really care, just making an observation.

shandy706

The detail in Rio is ridiculous. They must have worked an entire year on that track.

screenshot-original56qpqpl.png

screenshot-original57sgq9c.png

screenshot-original58clq0n.png

screenshot-original601oqke.png

screenshot-original61nxoej.png

screenshot-original62kmqvx.png

screenshot-original63qro47.png

screenshot-original64har8y.png

screenshot-original655vrw3.png

J3ffro

I was just using those games as an example of "everyone's playing so no one is posting" when it's obviously a false argument. Keep in mind MGS has a dedicated story thread which alone is 10 times bigger than this OT. How many replies has the Forza 5 thread had in the last year? This is the sixth Forza game so it's not like this franchise doesn't have a sizeable fanbase. 800 posts several days after it's been launched in NA is slow for this forum especially when by all reports it's a great entry.

Anyway I don't even really care, just making an observation.

But is Forza the kind of game that really generates discussion? Sure, we're all racing the same events (or similar events), but it's kind of like fantasy football. Does anyone really want to hear how my team did this week? Spoiler alert - I won in all three leagues. :D

Does anyone really want to hear about the Showcase Event I did where I raced as the M3 GT2 and caught up with every generation of M3 with three turns left to go on the lap? Even more, I was too busy driving it to give anyone a good play by play on how I drove Silverstone; perhaps I took too wide of a line on the second corner, but eventually I got it back.

MGS (which I've dabbled in) has a number of moments that everyone will experience, and many will experience in a different, but notable way. I don't think Forza lends itself to that. I think that's why I've seen so many mentions, both here and the Giant Bomb forums, about people talking about the first Indy race or did you get the Veyron on your first spin - those are a couple moments that stick out.

I think as more people get into the Endurance Races, those will generate discussion. Partially because the thought of 9 different races that will likely last somewhere between 1 and 3 hours is both awesome and horrifying.

I've played a solid 15 hours so far, and I've loved almost every minute of it. I'd like to espouse the many little things that make this game great, but at the end of it - a few decently composed photo mode screen caps can do a far greater job of showing instead of telling.

For what its worth - in the second volume one of the race series options is Modern Sport Legends, and for it I picked the NSX-R. In the automatically tuned to B600 form, it may be the best handling car I've ever driven in Forza. Certainly my driving has gotten better over the last month of wrapping up Forza 5 before Forza 6, but that car did everything I wanted it to.

When you do that race series, I highly recommend it.

Outrun

I am having a tough time winning a race in the league.

The competition is good for sure. But cars are also just pulling away from me at the start.

I am enjoying lapping X class Indy speedway. 41st in the world, last I checked!

GoaThief

Have to say The Taken King has had my full gaming attention, but I managed to sneak a couple of rough tunes out for download.

Once Destiny rehype has worn off I'll be hitting up the track again. It really was poor release timing IMHO.

Argh, some of us have to wait until tomorrow to play the game!! /mesad

Been working on this livery on FM5 liveryv editor.

IMG_20150916_235521_zpsdkypqzpv.jpg

I'm not an aggressive driver (I am the most pacific driver you'll ever come accross, period) but If someome rams into me intentionally this livery will show them I can play that game too :p

23qwerty

Man I thought Xbox Live was supposed to be faster than PSN? Only downloaded 27% of the 45gb so far on a 50Mb connection... Should be done by now

Bet that was it. My difficulty was also set to 40%, got that wrong in my post, I forgot to set it back to Pro from a free play test.

"We do not see this is as a low priority"
It happened to me once as far as I know and as long as it's just one Drivatar and not 3... not so important.

I think it is important. It's happened to me so much in career volume 4 and 5 I've stopped playing the career until it's fixed.

Some context. I'm not an elite driver like some in the thread. But yesterday in the eight or so non-career single races yesterday I could improve my starting position by at least six places against Highly Skilled AI (set offline) without assists. And half the time I was getting a podium.

However in career volume 4 and 5 I was seeing one, two and even sometimes three cars be unbeatable even when the AI was set to New Racer. Because I'd been playing career and not single events at this point I thought that I had really lost my ability or there was something seriously wrong with the handling. It wasn't just that these AI cars were driving better than me, it seems their cars were much more capable too, almost on rails. Even when I used three mods I couldn't reign them in.

The result was I was playing against New Racer where most of the pack is lapped towards the end of the race, but having to chase these superhumans out front that were often beyond me. Sometimes I'd scrape along in third for much of the race, only for another superhuman to escape the pack and coming roaring passed me.

So this stuff is definitely an issue and from the official forum seems plenty of people are encountering it. And even if it doesn't affect your experience, you wouldn't begrudge it being fixed for the rest of us would you?.

DJ_Lae

A large part of my life in this picture.

Nice. I never bit on the Forza Horizon LE for whatever reason (I don't even remember what it came with at this point) and Forza 5 is the only one I didn't buy on launch day.

EkbT7yO.jpg

No idea where my copy of the first Forza is hiding, though.

bounchfx

anyone try playing the demo? how long does it take to install?

mines been going for over an hour and is only at 6%. it seems like a joke.

I have forza 5, forza horizon 2 and now forza 6.

This game is gorgeous and plays like a dream.

I'm not very good at racing games at all, but if you want my drivatar to smash into you and run you off the road while taking corners, add me!

Gt: Claytal1ty

frontieruk

it's taken this OT : 4 days 9 hours and 49 minutes to get to 898 posts,
it took the F5 OT : 5 days 22 hours and 4 minutes to reach that point, guess your memory is off?

You may be right... ;)

danowat

Banned
Man, racing the WTCC cars in the wet, without assists, is legitimately tough, I've had to ramp the difficulty down a bit!!!

Top Bottom