• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fountain Pens 2k16

Between this and having to use ballpoints at work, I need to have this thread taken away from me.

SHAME

SHAME

SHAME

I was required to use ballpoint pens forever. I use an original test copy of the machine era brass pen. It uses pilot g2 ink cartridges... It does well and gets thrown in my pocket with my wallet and keys.

I am that oddball that never uses other people's offered pens.

Stay away from watches... That can become an obsessive hobby.

Bagels

You got Moxie, kid!
I was required to use ballpoint pens forever. I use an original test copy of the machine era brass pen. It uses pilot g2 ink cartridges... It does well and gets thrown in my pocket with my wallet and keys.

I am that oddball that never uses other people's offered pens.

Stay away from watches... That can become an obsessive hobby.

I can see how watches suck people in. I'll stick with this one weird, pretentious hobby, I think.

I cannot even use a G2 at work - specific rules against gel inks. It has to be a ballpoint. No rollerball pens, even. Currently browsing Jetpens for a bunch of pens to try out. I have a few decent ballpoint pens, but I want to find something awesome but cheap enough that I can have people swipe it out of my labcoat (the lure of a good pen, among an ocean of shitty supply closet pens, is just too great) and not care.

Okay! Ordered a mess of pens! I'll toss in some Bic Cristals and crap like that, give them all a once-over, and maybe run a survey in the lab. Everyone hates the supply closet pens, so I'll offer to buy a dozen of whatever we like the best. Fun!

Prez

Threw out all my ballpoint pens, feels good.

Has anyone tried the Waterman Hemisphere? That will most likely be my next fountain pen.

Prez

You should get a Lamy 2000.

I'm not getting a pen that costs more than €50.

Also I think I may have damaged my Parker IM. It dropped out of my blazer's front pocket and now the cap is looser than before... Maybe dropping it has nothing to do with it though, other people have had their Parker IM get a loose cap after a few weeks.

giga

I'm not getting a pen that costs more than €50.

Also I think I may have damaged my Parker IM. It dropped out of my blazer's front pocket and now the cap is looser than before... Maybe dropping it has nothing to do with it though, other people have had their Parker IM get a loose cap after a few weeks.
Like the rest of us have, just sell your body for a few days and the overall cost comes down quickly.

My A3 Rhodia DotPad came in today. Keep an eye on that one, it is huge. Picked mine up for $16, seems like the price fluctuates a bit. Absolutely smashing value. Think Bagels mentioned it, so thanks for the tip!

Can't wait to break this bad boy in. Hopefully I get my Goulet order before Sunday to use the Lamy on it.

Bagels

You got Moxie, kid!
My A3 Rhodia DotPad came in today. Keep an eye on that one, it is huge. Picked mine up for $16, seems like the price fluctuates a bit. Absolutely smashing value. Think Bagels mentioned it, so thanks for the tip!

Can't wait to break this bad boy in. Hopefully I get my Goulet order before Sunday to use the Lamy on it.

YES! They are amazing, and the value is insane! I use them to write my trademark "Omega Letters" - it's fun to send someone a poster-sized piece of correspondence!

I fall more in love with the Lamy 2000 every day. Mine is an F nib, but I see why XF is so popular. It's broad for an F. I have Sailor Jentle Yama-dori in there right now and it brings out the red sheen like crazy, so no complaints! Definitely go a nib size down from your regular if you want your preferred size.

My Italix pen arrived, too! I got a fine stub nib. They seem to grind them from M nibs, so this is predictably inky. Really nice writing experience, and it's a quality, chunky pen. It's like writing with a piano, both in terms of the look and the size.

Goulet is hopping on the Tomoe River bandwagon with their own VERY well priced offerings! Unlike many places, they offer lined paper in their new notebooks, AS WELL AS DOT!!!!!

I need to save a bit of money, but that Dark lilac safari and a Goulet notebook is certainly tempting...

Goulet is what now? I ordered the JetPens Tomoe River books on the same day as the whopping Dark Lilac order from Goulet. And now Goulet is carrying their own books?! Ah, man. I think I'm done with orders for a while though. Blew threw my portion of the tax return on pens and paper already. (And some other stuff.)

And at least the Goulet Books are only tiny ones. I'd be in real trouble if they offered A4s in Dot Grid. A5 is about as small as I can go comfortably without the size constraints of the paper's ruling starting to cramp my style hand.

Bagels

You got Moxie, kid!
Goulet is what now? I ordered the JetPens Tomoe River books on the same day as the whopping Dark Lilac order from Goulet. And now Goulet is carrying their own books?! Ah, man. I think I'm done with orders for a while though. Blew threw my portion of the tax return on pens and paper already. (And some other stuff.)

And at least the Goulet Books are only tiny ones. I'd be in real trouble if they offered A4s in Dot Grid. A5 is about as small as I can go comfortably without the size constraints of the paper's ruling starting to cramp my style hand.

It looks like they are launching A5, and Midori Traveller-sized (both regular and passport) to start! It's crazy how big Tomoe River paper has gotten among fountain pen people! I mean, it makes total sense because it is such lovely paper. It's just crazy to see it popping up in more and more places.

It looks like they are launching A5, and Midori Traveller-sized (both regular and passport) to start! It's crazy how big Tomoe River paper has gotten among fountain pen people! I mean, it makes total sense because it is such lovely paper. It's just crazy to see it popping up in more and more places.

There has been a need for great product for quite some time. It is nice to see it being made now.

Glad you like your Lamy 2000. It is quite the pen. I actually just jumped from EF to F to get a sense of bigger lines... it is a learning curve but in a week I should be fine.

Bagels

You got Moxie, kid!
There has been a need for great product for quite some time. It is nice to see it being made now.

Glad you like your Lamy 2000. It is quite the pen. I actually just jumped from EF to F to get a sense of bigger lines... it is a learning curve but in a week I should be fine.

You are absolutely right about how magnificent this pen is! It is ridiculously smooth, the piston filling is badass, and it looks and feels superb. Just a beautiful piece of design, without even a logo on the clip to ruin the lines! The makrolon looks and feels great. The all stainless steel was on Massdrop recently, but I did not see the price. I feel like this was an incredible value at $100.

The construction is so damn good. I did not remember that it is a piston-filler until I read the little guide that cam with it because the line between the body and filling mechanism is so subtle.

Best part of the Lamy 2000 is that it has had no changes. It is and has been that good since day one. Everyone should at least give it a try.

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me
You are absolutely right about how magnificent this pen is! It is ridiculously smooth, the piston filling is badass, and it looks and feels superb. Just a beautiful piece of design, without even a logo on the clip to ruin the lines! The makrolon looks and feels great. The all stainless steel was on Massdrop recently, but I did not see the price. I feel like this was an incredible value at $100.

The construction is so damn good. I did not remember that it is a piston-filler until I read the little guide that cam with it because the line between the body and filling mechanism is so subtle.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K91Wb-UDLlk

Nearly everything I had on order from the tax return haul came in yesterday or today. Of course I took a picture. Sorry if it is a little dark, it is overcast today.

(click for bigger)

I've written a little with the Safari just to get a feel for the action on the pen and out of extreme panic because of Nezumi's report that the texture is rough compared to other Safaris. If this texture is rough, a normal Safari must be softer than a clean baby's butt. This pen is lightweight and has the texture of butter. The very slight gritty texture, which is barely noticeable, only serves to keep it from flying out of my hand. I tend toward sweaty/oily palms so your mileage may vary. People with dry hands or texture sensitivity may not like it as much.

Tons lighter than the Metropolitans, which could probably be used as a blunt instrument in a pinch, and the Safari's sleek yet chunky and minimalistic design is totally to my taste. The forced grip isn't bad for me, and we'll see how deep cleaning goes when I want to switch ink colors (maybe never, I'm thinking of picking up a bottle). It isn't a very deep ink (as in it doesn't shimmer or have a lot of variation in different lights), but it is extremely constant and the color is perfect.

Bagels

You got Moxie, kid!
Bullet Journal Giveaway! Everyone should have at least one Kaweco Sport, and these are great notebooks!

Y2Q1ZjY5OGE.MTAxP2NsYXNzPQ.jpg

Bagels

You got Moxie, kid!
NEW J HERBIN 1670 ANNIVERSARY ANNOUNCED
THIS IS NOT A DRILL

Caroube de Chypre - brown with gold particles! Interesting!

farmerboy

I can't believe I just read a whole OP on fountain pens, you made me laugh and want to buy a fountain pen.

Not that I'd get to use it much.

So what's considered the Rolls Royce of fountain pens?

Nezumi

I can't believe I just read a whole OP on fountain pens, you made me laugh and want to buy a fountain pen.

Not that I'd get to use it much.

So what's considered the Rolls Royce of fountain pens?

See that beauty at the top of OP? There's one of your many answers.

stony

Neo Member
Threw out all my ballpoint pens, feels good.

Has anyone tried the Waterman Hemisphere? That will most likely be my next fountain pen.

Just saw this. I picked up a Hemisphere Blue Obsession Fine Point a month or two ago and I love it. It is quite slim and light but the writing is smooth and the ink flows oh so well.

The one minor downside for me is that it lacks heft - it is light and slim. This is my first fountain pen and my next one will be a bit more substantial. I knew this when I bought it though so this is just a matter of personal preference.

Bagels

You got Moxie, kid!
Haha but which make is it? My Googlefu is terrible.

Been looking on the net and some of the Mont Blanc pens look irresistible.

If you're wondering how much use you would get out of a fountain pen, I'd highly recommend getting a Pilot Metropolitan or Lamy Safari to start. If you buy an expensive pen and find out that you actually really hate writing with fountain pens, or if it does not get you to write more, you're out $500 for something that is super easy to leave in a Starbucks, lose in your sofa, or drop and ruin. On the other hand, if you pick up a nice, cheap starter pen and find that you absolutely adore it, and you spend hours writing with it every day, you won't miss the ~ $30 you spent next to the 500-1000 dollars you invested in the pen of your dreams.

If you want to split the difference, I'd recommend the Lamy 2000. It is such a gorgeous pen, and it writes like a dream.

I've decided to go ahead and reboot the ballpoint/rollerball pen thread. CGMP documentation guidelines mean that I spend all day recording information by hand, but it all *has* to be done with a blue or black ballpoint. I'm determined to improve my handwriting with these slippery devils, so I'm trying out tons of new pens to find something that feels right to me. I have some I can live with, but even the best ones I have are crap compared to even a Pilot Metropolitan. I'll probably never find anything that can compete with the feel of a fountain pen and the beautiful ink colors I am used to, but I have fun trying new ballpoints and searching for better and better models.

I ordered a Pilot S20 ballpoint, pictured above. I have the mechanical pencil version and I love it. The wooden body looks and feels great. If the Pilot ballpoint refills are decent, this may be my ballpoint of choice, based largely on how nice it looks. They sell for $30 on Jetpens, or $18 on Amazon. The Amazon seller is actually in Japan, so it is taking my order some time to get here. Once I have it, the ballpoint thread should go up.

If you have some recommendations for ballpoints, let me know so I can put them in the OP and/or track them down to try for myself!

Finally, I ordered a "Plot Line" from Story Supply Co. It's a beautiful leather cover + notebook system, comparable to the Midori Traveler in passport size. It fits three 3.5" x 5.5" pocket notebooks. This is a bit larger than A6 - Hobonichi, Word, Moleskine, Field Notes, and JetPens Kanso Sasshi all come in this size. Story Supply Co's pocket notebooks come in blank, lined, and graph, and the paper is good with everything except my wettest fountain pens. For the best FP performance, you'll want the Tomoe River offerings from Hobonichi or JetPens.

I love the look of the Plot Line. I got burgundy leather with an orange elastic. They also offer brown leather and gold, black, and brown elastics for you to mix and match. They sell for $35. You can get 10% off by signing up via email or social media. I got a bundle with one 3-pack of notebooks and two pencils for $35 as part of a Mother's Day sale. I'm super happy with it! It's a great way to dress up your pocket notebooks.

Midori Traveler's notebooks are between $35 and $50 (Amazon has the best price I've found, but counterfeit products can be an issue. I *think* the options fulfilled by Amazon should be genuine). They just launched the "camel" version, which is a tan leather. Story Supply Co. offers some different leather colors, makes their products in the US, and donates writing supplies to schools and organizations that try to get kids into writing. My Pan Am blue Traveler's notebooks is one of my favorite pen/pencil/paper things I own and I am super impressed with my new Plot Line, so I highly recommend the offerings from either company.

Oh! The 10th anniversary Traveler's Notebooks will be out next month at Goulet pens!

They are ridiculous teeny-tiny versions of the company's signature products. They are completely impractical and silly and I want one really really badly.

Bagels

You got Moxie, kid!
UK Shop, Bureau Direct, is running another bullet journal giveaway! This one is even better!

OTVhYjdlOGY.MTA0P2NsYXNzPSZpZD0.jpg

I also received a dark lilac Lamy Safari in the latest subscription box from ipenstore! I had been planning to pick one up soon, so this was an awesome surprise! I have an artist friend who got me interested in these subscription boxes. The last few I have gotten have been great, and well worth a relatively strep $30/month. They seem really, really good about sending you desirable new stuff, instead of unloading middling inventory on you. You can find reviews of the last several boxes here.

I'll have some pics of the pen and dark lilac ink soon!

The Dark Lilac Lamy Safari & Ink are gorgeous, Bagels. I think you're going to love them. The ink has a very subtle coppery shimmer in it, and if you're working with cartridges, it may not come out at all the first few times you write. I give my pen a small shake & roll before I write now, so I've been noticing it more. I'm definitely going to pick up a bottle or two as soon as any online store has them in stock.

My Metropolitans are feeling neglected at the moment, I think I've used the Safari every day since it came home.

I bought one of those $20ish Pilot Metropolitans from Amazon a few months ago.

What should I do next? But a few more and use different colors or upgrade?

How does the pen feel to you? How does it write for you? Is it too heavy? Too light? Do you want a different type of tip to write with? Now that you've been using it for a while, what features do you like/dislike/want? Does using this type of pen bring you joy?

These kinds of questions are what you should be asking yourself. Lamy makes lighter pens, and you can get replacement nibs for them in all sizes. I'm loving my Safari. If you want something smaller and cuter (pocket pens), look into the TWSBI Eco (demonstrator) or getting a set of Pilot Petits, especially if you're interested in eyedropper conversion or having a rainbow in your pocket . If you need a retractable nib, Vanishing Points. Heavier pen? Something made out of serious metal or wood. Go over to Goulet's site and sort by weight range. Looking for something to suit your personality? Karas Kustoms are made with aluminum, but they have a funky industrial aesthetic.

Only you can pick the perfect fountain pen for you, but if you have a pretty good idea of what you're looking for, we could offer more specific recommendations.

There's also nothing wrong with loving your Metropolitans and making them work for you! I have two, and a Plumix, which gives me three pens with three different nibs in a very affordable way. If you're interested in expanding that option, I'd recommend doing that, getting a Con-20 and/or a Con-50 and exploring different bottled inks. Goulet does ink samples, so you can try almost anything before investing heavily, and having multiple pens makes testing out different colors a breeze.

Bagels

You got Moxie, kid!
The Dark Lilac Lamy Safari & Ink are gorgeous, Bagels. I think you're going to love them. The ink has a very subtle coppery shimmer in it, and if you're working with cartridges, it may not come out at all the first few times you write. I give my pen a small shake & roll before I write now, so I've been noticing it more. I'm definitely going to pick up a bottle or two as soon as any online store has them in stock.

My Metropolitans are feeling neglected at the moment, I think I've used the Safari every day since it came home.

It is such a nice pen! And the ink is absolutely killer! They sent two cartridges, but I definitely need a bottle.

Oddly enough, the Lamy special editions inks in bottles come to the US, but Europe has not been getting them. They only gets the carts. Lamy is German and, if you look at a map, you might be surprised to learn that Germany and Europe are actually really close! I know I was!

Lamy has just announced that Europe will be getting the bottles starting in 2017. So that is pretty exciting!

I agree 100% with Teriyaki Blues. If you consider what you like or dislike about the Metro - is the line thickness what you want? Is it too heavy? Do you want a demonstrator? Etc. - you can branch out from there. I'm really into different kinds of italic and stub nibs because of my interest in calligraphy, so that guided several of my pen purchases. I also like demonstrators, so grabbing a 1.1 stub/italic TWSBI was a great early purchase.

To maximize your fun, I think the combination of a dedicated TWSBI Eco or Pilot Metro (preferably with an M nib, or the italic nib from a Plumix) and a bottle of J. Herbin 1670 Anniversary ink (Emerald of Chivor is my choice, but Stormy Grey is a close second) is really tough to beat. That's an investment of around 50 or 60 bucks to make your writing look mind-blowingly awesome and unique. I have so many beautiful colors of ink that I just love (Pelikan is a recent obsession. They have some amazing colors!), but I get more comments on my J. Herbin inks than the rest of my pens, inks, and paper combined.

JetPens got in the Dark Lilac ink bottles today! I could use all the exclamation marks in all the world about this!

I'm also into carving my own stamps on an extremely amateurish level. I wonder if it is possible to make your own inkpad with fountain pen ink... it is certainly possible to do brush-loading for stamping. You can get very intricate designs that way.

This is why I never gain mastery of a hobby. It always branches.

The Llama

Are fountain pens good for lefties? I already use "special" pens (I found a brand that claims to be quick drying so they don't smudge, and they seem to hold up to that claim haha) so was wondering what these would be like.

Nymerio

Does anyone have any recommendations for a dark ink? It doesn't actually have to be black, just pretty dark. Preferably something with a nice sheen to it, I already have J. Herbin's Stormy Gray but I'd like something a bit darker.

Edit: Diamine Shimmertastic Night Sky looks pretty good.

5UERDBk.jpg

toff74

Does anyone have any recommendations for a dark ink? It doesn't actually have to be black, just pretty dark. Preferably something with a nice sheen to it, I already have J. Herbin's Stormy Gray but I'd like something a bit darker.

5UERDBk.jpg

Have a look at this, plenty to choose.

Infographic_Sheening_Blog.jpg

Just as a caveat, I got Diamine Magical Forest in the final InkDrop and their shimmers are more like glitter, very chunky. I means you may well have to wipe your nib down with a damp cloth between uses, because glitters get stuck in the tines and dry there, which keeps the ink from flowing.

I picked up a bottle of Lamy Dark Lilac (which I already love in cartridge form, although the sheen is very subtle) and J.Herbin Emerald of Chivor online, so I will report back on them later. Definitely thinking of getting the Lamy Italic nib set and a second pen (possibly Safari, maybe an Al-Star) later this month.

Joy! I found my Kaweco Sport i thought i'd misplaced. Joy.
Time to buy more inks and maybe a new pen with a broad nib.I know those shimmery inks are clog-hell but they're so, so shiny. I'll look at the Lamy Dark Lilac too... dammit!

Bagels

You got Moxie, kid!

5UERDBk.jpg

Sailor Yama-dori is basically J. Herbin Emerald of Chivor minus the gold. It's a nice deep blue with a red sheen. One of my absolute favorite inks!

Favorite Fountain Pen "Hacks" thus far:

1) From Bagels - Metropolitan, Kakuno, and Plumix nibs can be swapped, so you can get 2 good pens and 1 semi-disposable pen with three sizes of nibs (Fine, Medium, and Medium Italic 1.1) for under $40 USD. (My personal experience suggests: nib swaps only, don't cross the feeds!)

2) Goulet Pens - Blunt tipped syringes can do almost everything you need to maintain your fountain pens. In fact, I suggest getting the whole kit and caboodle. (The cleaning & tuning package). I don't want to go into commercial mode, but I've had nothing but good experiences with shopping on their site, and the tutorial and newbie videos are an awesome free resource available to everyone. The Notebook Sampler set is a great way of trying a lot of FP-friendly papers for not a lot of money, too. Their Ink Samples are an amazing service, and so on.

3) From Goulet - Rinse out your proprietary cartridges and dry them to use them as extra converters for bottled ink. They seem to hold a little more ink, and many of them have built-in ways to encourage proper flow, like the way that Pilot cartridges break open to have the little plastic sealing discs that become a flow facilitator.

4) You can seal an opened ink cartridge or in-use converter with teflon tape and a label of some sort for later use (blank address labels are perfect). I haven't seen anyone give this advice before, but I did it myself this weekend and it worked very well. Very nice if you want to sample a lot of inks very quickly, but can't/won't demi-fill or just want to swap out inks halfway.

5) Want a place to store your loose ink cartridges and converters? Do you like TicTacs? Yep, an empty TicTacs container is perfect for storing shorter converters, such as the Pilot Con-20 and Con-50 (and presumably the upcoming Con-40, which is replacing them both), Pilot proprietary cartridges, and the press-plate "cleaning" converters that come with the Metropolitans. Lamy cartridge is just a little too tall, unfortunately.

6) One of these guys makes a great, inexpensive pen holder.

Some "Don'ts" I learned this weekend.

1) When you store pens, nibs go up, or else all the ink might leak out into the cap. Especially the most expensive ink you own. That you just got. (Quietly weeping over spilled Emerald of Chivor.)

2) Don't accidentally put your pen through the washing machine. The pen is fine, the clothes are fine, realizing I did it after the machine was done but before I unloaded it was a moment of trauma and existential uncertainty akin to poor old Schrödinger's cat.

I never had a chance to come back and thank Teriyaki Blues and Bagels for their great advice. I think I'm going to pick up a new TWSBI Eco as the next step in my fountain pen venture.

As a slight aside, what do any of you recommend for cost-effective, but decent looking paper? All I've bought so far is some Black and Cream stationary I found on Amazon.

I never had a chance to come back and thank Teriyaki Blues and Bagels for their great advice. I think I'm going to pick up a new TWSBI Eco as the next step in my fountain pen venture.

As a slight aside, what do any of you recommend for cost-effective, but decent looking paper? All I've bought so far is some Black and Cream stationary I found on Amazon.

Woo! Enjoy the TWSBI! I'm on the cusp of owning my 5th pen. I hear that is the mark of addiction and having a hard time settling on which one to get next myself, since it is a milestone of sorts. Probably nothing for a good long while unless a LE pen or super-sale priced one catches my eye.

As for paper, so much depends on your pen, ink, and writing style, maybe even more than the paper itself once you get past the worst offerings. You might have good luck with just a Mead College Ruled Spiral Notebook (I specifically mentioned that one because the Extra Fine/Fine nibs have been very okay on it for me so far) or a Composition book, etcetera. Post-It branded notes and dollar bin magnetic shopping lists have also taken a lot of abuse (and surprisingly well) with all but the wettest of my inks so far.

Even though I'm a relative newbie to having first hand experience after lurking on the outskirts of Fountain Pen World for years, I think that the absolutely most cost effective Fountain Pen specific paper is the gigantic Rhodia DotPad A3, keep an eye on that one and only buy in the 14-16$ range. If you're handy with folding/cutting or just like big paper, it is amazing to use.

If you're shopping on JetPens, the Tomoe River sheets that are 5 for ONE DOLLAR can't be beaten, and they are definitely worth trying.

White: http://www.jetpens.com/Tomoe-River-Paper-A5-White-5-Sheets/pd/12575
Cream: http://www.jetpens.com/Tomoe-River-Paper-A5-Cream-5-Sheets/pd/12574

They have a whole search category for Fountain Pen Friendly Paper

If you're doing your shopping on Goulet Pens site and you don't mind tiny notebooks, I highly suggest adding a Notebook Sampler Package Set to your order, which can really help narrow down a preference for paper that's specifically marketed towards fountain pen lovers.

Bagels

You got Moxie, kid!

[Dammit. I was hoping to beat Teriyaki Blues in getting my reply up!!!!]

TWSBI Eco is a great pen!

Here's my paper thread. Rhodia is my go-to for fountain pen use. You can find A4 pads for around $10, if you shop around online. The gigantic A3 pads are often the same price on Amazon and are a ridiculously good value. Rhodia R, their cream-colored premium paper, is my favorite for letter writing. It feels amazing and looks very high-end.

Clairefontaine makes some cheaper notebooks, and Rhodia notebooks actually use Clairefontaine paper. That can be a slightly cheaper choice.

Massdrop often has Rhodia pads in bundles for decent prices.

Tomoe River paper gives what may be the finest writing experience available with a fountain pen. The one downside is that people who are not in to paper do not readily appreciate its amazing premium quality.

If you enjoy writing with fountain pens, you need to be ready to spend a little more on paper. Some people find the idea of a $10 pad of paper preposterous, but nice paper feels wonderfully luxurious. A Rhodia pad lasts me a long time, and I feel like I get my money's worth.

Forsete

27277842336_99b1c84fb8_o.jpg

My most used pen, the lovely Sailor 1911 Large with a broad nib. My favorite pen.

Underneath it, my notebook for work. Field notes .. it has not stood up so well. (I use a Uniball eye rollerball pen at work, second best thing to a FP)
I am thinking of buying a Leuchtturm leather-bound A6 pocket notebook instead. The other notepad is a IBM Think leather-bound, which I just use to take notes at my desk (it likes FP inks quite well).

Top Bottom