• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

France Welcomes Refugees Despite Paris Attack

Status
Not open for further replies.

Espada

I am not fully up to speed on the refugee situation. But are these refugees going to Asian countries as well? Malaysia, Indonesia, Bangladesh, Pakistan and other middle eastern countries have Muslim population and should be far more welcoming to them.

That's actually something I hadn't considered. If the U.N. spread out refugees across most member states no one country would be overwhelmed by the number of people. It makes sense, if Europe can demand the U.S. and Canada (far flung from the refuge crisis) to take in hundreds of thousands of refugees, Asian countries like China, Korea, Japan, etc... should also be tapped to help out.

orochi91

Good on France but how would the victims families would feel about this?

Who knows, have they interviewed and asked those families?

And I sincerely doubt victims' families are unanimous in their views on the refugee crisis.

Besides, a country's humanitarian endeavours and responsibilities shouldn't be abandoned due to a few emotionally distressed group of people.

DECK'ARD

The Amiga Brotherhood
Good statement to make.

I think France has done very well in this in taking control of both the situation and the narratives.

The terrorists obviously struck at both.

cameron

An example for the rest of the world and easily the best type of middle finger to terrorists. France isn't going to live in a perpetual state of ignorance and fear.

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
CUHyyvtVAAABkvE.jpg:large

30000 over two years is pretty weak for such a large fucking country. That's far less than we've taken so far this year in much smaller Sweden.

Still, better than closing the border completely I suppose

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom