• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

From Tupac to Rosa Parks: KY county clerk Kim Davis says "Only God can judge me now"

Status
Not open for further replies.

RPGCrazied

Caption contest

COfnFluUAAA2t_U.jpg:large

Jesus, is that all she got after she got out of jail? I'm sure most of that is just praising her, no chance she changes when she goes back to work.

rjinaz

Caption contest

Congratulations! You have won 3 million dollars in the Spanish Lottery. In order for us to start processing your winnings, please reply back with your social security number as well as a check for $10,000. Please write the check to the order of GLAAD.

I like how Kim Davis, who has been divorced 3 times at least once for adultery on her end, is using religious convictions as a reason to not authorize gsy marriage without a single hint of irony.

Jombie

This stuff makes me so angry that it's impossible for me to make light of it. It's hard to believe it's 2015 and people still cling to this nonsense and then hide behind it like cowards.

Caption contest

"Dear Mrs Davis

It has come to our attention that you have recently unlawfully used an EMI copyrighted song at one of your recent events. We are hereby demanding a cease and desist from the playing of any material written by the band Survivor or any of its affiliates."

It's certainly an interesting rebuttal to the handful of people upthread who suggested the response would be completely different if it didn't fit a certain agenda.

Looks like the majority response was the same there as here. "You're a public servant, do your job."

I mean the thread seemed more relaxed by the opinions were a lot of the same.

Ayt

Banned
So you're defending the judge?

Judges aren't required to perform marriages in her state so, no, I don't have a problem with what the judge did. I'd be fine with a judge not performing marriages just because they didn't feel like it.

That situation isn't comparable to the Davis case.

Maybe not something Poli-GAF and the general population following this case, but it matters for me:

http://omonatheydidnt.livejournal.com/16554628.html

For those that don't know, Siwon is one part of the Korean pop group Super Junior. He's a known right wing nutjob, but the fact that he is in full support for this woman is low, especially hilarious considering he probably knows fuck all about the law that this woman is breaking. And to add even more delicious irony? Siwon participates in (often fan intiated) same sex skinship with his band mates, even though he is a staunch anti-same sex marriage supporter.

Tripon

One of the office clerks in local court system is wearing an I'm not Kim Davis shirt to make fun of her and the situation.

http://news.yahoo.com/clerk-denied-gay-marriage-licenses-goes-back-082558362.html

The university's influence (Morehead State) has been a source of frustration for some religious conservatives, including Randy Smith, an evangelist who has lived in Morehead since he was 12. If not for Morehead State, the community would have no issues with Davis or her actions, he said. Now, the situation is "forcing people to address an underlying issue that's been here for a long time."

"I think what a lot of it is the community wants things to go back to normalcy. But oftentimes if things go back to normalcy it means somebody has got to give up something," he said. "I think you will see more same-sex people out and they won't be as discreet as they once were in this community. And I think you will probably have more Christians that will possibly look upon that with some disdain."

I think that's a pretty funny view to take of a university. "If it wasn't for the university trying to make you think, I wouldn't have to think about this."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom