• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

From Tupac to Rosa Parks: KY county clerk Kim Davis says "Only God can judge me now"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zoe

It's not very professional. I would be upset if I interacted with someone at her position didn't at least wear business casual clothes.

People in public service, particularly those in her generation, typically don't dress like they walked out of Nordstrom. It's not like she's in t-shirt and jeans.

Spladam

Dammit, I was trying to avoid this video from what everyone was saying, but after all the quoting of it I had to peep it.
HOLYYY SHHHIIIIIIT Huckabee is such a bottom feeder.... W.... T...... F........

My mind burns, but he only words that come to mind are:

Rising up, back on the street
Did my time, took my chances
Went the distance, now I'm back on my feet
Just a man and his will to survive

So many times it happens too fast
You trade your passion for glory
Don't lose your grip on the dreams of the past
You must fight just to keep them alive

Que montage of Huckabee licking feces off the bottom of boots.....

Its gonna be Kevin Sorbo in a fat suit.
disappointed.gif

Spladam

Yeah, Kevin is one of them.... which was really disappointing to find out....

ok, where was I? Oh yeah:

It's the eye of the tiger
It's the thrill of the fight
Rising up to the challenge of our rival
And the last known survivor
Stalks his prey in the night
And he's watching us all with the eyeeeee
of... the... tiger...

Brashnir

85% of African Americans identify as Christian, not a single one in that audience.

#BlacksAintFuckinWithKimDavis

While that's true, Pew polls show that Blacks have been group least willing to change when it comes to gay marriage:

http://www.pewforum.org/2015/07/29/graphics-slideshow-changing-attitudes-on-gay-marriage/

Respondents who identify as "conservative" have seen an increase of 12% from 18% to 30%, while those who identify as black have seen an increase of 7% from 32% to 39%.

Hell, "White Evangelical Protestants" moved 11% from 13% to 24%. Perhaps it's an anomaly, but it seems like the black community is the most resistant to change in this sphere overall.

Bigotry won, GAF.

Not even a little. Gay people are still allowed to marry in Kentucky, despite these insane assholes.

While that's true, Pew polls show that Blacks have been group least willing to change when it comes to gay marriage:

http://www.pewforum.org/2015/07/29/graphics-slideshow-changing-attitudes-on-gay-marriage/

Respondents who identify as "conservative" have seen an increase of 12% from 18% to 30%, while those who identify as black have seen an increase of 7% from 32% to 39%.

Hell, "White Evangelical Protestants" moved 11% from 13% to 24%. Perhaps it's an anomaly, but it seems like the black community is the most resistant to change in this sphere overall.

SSM is so low priority for blacks, which is why they still are overwhelming voting democrat regardless of how much democrats are pro SSM. Blacks are much more concerned about getting their equality than preventing LGBT from getting theirs.

Which is why you don't see them crying to free Kim Davis because they know damn well if the roles were reversed Kim Davis wouldn't be out protesting for them.

zeemumu

I was joking dude. I have the empathy skills to know where she comes from with this, and I think a large part of it is indoctrinated bigotry, which only serves to make her life more difficult. I don't hate, I just try to understand and wish we, as a whole and as humans, made more effort towards empathy and understanding of others and their ways.

I wasn't referring to you, just thinking out loud. Good or bad, most things on the internet should be taken with a grain of salt, unless it's something like "you probably shouldn't kill that guy," in which case take that advice.

danm999

What are the odds at some point this whole situation will go Cliven Bundy and she says something racist or homophobic and everyone has to distance themselves from her.

neshcom

Banned
What are the odds at some point this whole situation will go Cliven Bundy and she says something racist or homophobic and everyone has to distance themselves from her.
Minimal. Feels like her lawyers have a lot of sway over her and people that rooted in casual hate have learned how to express their hate in socially-acceptable ways.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom