• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

From Tupac to Rosa Parks: KY county clerk Kim Davis says "Only God can judge me now"

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm confident there was some collusion on the part of the media to make this woman the symbol of court clerks refusing to obey the law. They could not have picked a better person to shine the light on considering her past. I'm fine with it though because extreme hypocrisy should always get called out. Judge not, that ye be not judged Kim Davis. You brought this on yourself.

That said I feel very sorry for everyone in that county court system. I can't imagine work has been an enjoyable environment for them the last few weeks.

e_i

Capture_zpsapd5gmac.png

You can't make this up...

Marrying? She just issues a license. She doesn't marry anyone. BTW, why married people need a license? To stop polygamy?

http://www.wlwt.com/news/5-deputy-c...-in-ky-despite-jailed-clerks-refusal/35085864

Davis is now being brought back to the court room to see if she'll agree.

Funny, that's what this is all about in the first place.

Marrying? She just issues a license. She doesn't marry anyone. BTW, why married people need a license? To stop polygamy?

For benefits and tax purposes. It has to be an officially recognized and licensed marriage to qualify in the US.

Cat Party

Fuckin coward couldn't even take one night of jail. So much for her beliefs.

Oh well, licenses will be issued and that's what matters.

Zoe

You need something from the government in order for it to be recognized as a legal marriage.

Grym

I don't understand this though. It's her job to issue licenses as well as not interfering with the process. Is she just going to be allowed to not do her job while someone else does it for her?

exactly. It would just set a (horrible) precedent by putting the burden of job functions on deputy clerks instead of the elected official. So any elected official can just choose to not do their job as long as an underling is willing to do it for them. But if no underling is willing to do their job for them, everyone goes to jail for contempt.

Wilsongt

She should just sign the license. Then like, go away and pray for like 10 days to get God to forgive her. That's how this whole thing works, right? Every time you fuck up you pray? I dunno.

She should just sign the license. Then like, go away and pray for like 10 days to get God to forgive her. That's how this whole thing works, right? Every time you fuck up you pray? I dunno.

She can be born again after each same sex marriage license she issues.

Nah I'm pretty sure that being born again wipes the slate clean but you've gotta play it super cool for the rest of your life because further sins are gonna stay on your heavenly rap sheet. It's why they wait til later in life to be born again and then live perfect lives never once doing anything wrong.

Raxus

You and I both know this goes much deeper than that.

Grym

#KimDavis: Officially, she'll spend the night in jail. She refuses to grant authority for deputy clerks. Judge will not lift contempt order

phisheep

NeoGAF's Chief Barrister
[Edited to fix errors]

Timeline as I understand it:
Married #1
Knocked up by #3
Divorced #1
Married #2
#2 adopts her kids
Divorces #2
Marries #3
Divorces #3
Marries #2 again

Sanctity of Marriage!!!!!!!!!

No, this is the timeline:

Married #1
Divorced #1
Married #2
Has at least one child (the one who's a deputy now)
Divorced #2
Married #3
Has twins
Divorced #3
Married #2 again, #2 adopts the twins

Link

Raxus

I dunno. I stop being religious when I was a teenager because the rules were never really explained, and I got tired of praying after every time I masturbated.

If that were the case I am pretty sure they would have to dedicate several priests all day to confessionals from teenagers alone.

Edit: what is a THE GAY anyway?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom