• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Frozen Synapse |OT| The Thinking Man's Shooter

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
I guess I should download the game and Steam again to play these new people and hopefully get the last two gamemode achievements, huh?

TheSeks

So, anyone want to play Hostage or Dispute and lose
more like I lose :(
? Only two game-mode achievements I really have left to attempt to get. Then I just have to level to 100. D:

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
So, anyone want to play Hostage or Dispute and lose
more like I lose :(
? Only two game-mode achievements I really have left to attempt to get. Then I just have to level to 100. D:

I played 220 hours or something, and I am level 55 or so. That is going to take a while.

Heel

Export to YouTube for iPad would be great.

Some iOS tweets from Mode 7:

X87RVSn.png

vdaQxhx.png

TheSeks

I hate playing Dark Mode. Shapeforms start firing at something and then it just disappears and I'm basically stuck sitting there thinking well if I aim for the door only for them to somehow pop-out of a roof and shoot me.

TheSeks

Now I remember why I stopped playing this game. Especially Dark Mode.

*sees enemy, they pop into cover before killtime*

Next turn:

*see them again, they get through cover/killtime, pop-out and kill me*

:/ Plan everything and clear rooms and get killed by someone you don't see. Not really fun for me. :/

BigAT

Now I remember why I stopped playing this game. Especially Dark Mode.

*sees enemy, they pop into cover before killtime*

Next turn:

*see them again, they get through cover/killtime, pop-out and kill me*

:/ Plan everything and clear rooms and get killed by someone you don't see. Not really fun for me. :/

Got to learn to check your six! Dark is pretty much the only thing I play.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
+1 dark mode. Anticipating your opponent is much more fun.

+1 for dark mode
+1 for secure (because its the least random mode of them all due to unit and starting position placement)

Toma

Haven't played Secure yet, but definitely +1 for dark mode.

More people should try secure. The other modes are fun and frantic too, but my heart is with secure. :p

TheSeks

Yeah, I think I'm going to let this game/round I'm in lapse. Dispute doesn't explain the game brings boxes out after like 5 turns so before that point is normal deathmatch and you're setting up camp to ready the dispute and blam, out of no where two deaths.

And no one is playing Light modes in matchmaking. Been sitting here for five minutes and nothing. :lol

Think I'm done with the game until the PSN versions hit and even then I'll probably be driven insane by some of the randomity going on in the title.

Edit: Spoke in haste, someone is playing Light Mode and that was pretty intense trying to get those boxes in Dispute finally got the achievement due to no stupid "oh you saw me but THERE WAS SOMEONE YOU DIDN'T SEE TROLLOLOLOL" factor.

Now to bang my head with hostage.

I just beat imstu8 at Frozen Synapse (GAMEID 716636). http://bit.ly/1aaNdC

Vlad

So, anybody still playing this? Just started out with it fairly recently, and I'd like to get kicked around by other people instead of getting kicked around by the AI.

It's funny, there's probably a post from me in this thread saying how much the game wasn't doing anything for me a while back, but something about it clicked once I put a little more time into it. I go by xVladx on there if anybody ever wants a match.

So, anybody still playing this? Just started out with it fairly recently, and I'd like to get kicked around by other people instead of getting kicked around by the AI.

It's funny, there's probably a post from me in this thread saying how much the game wasn't doing anything for me a while back, but something about it clicked once I put a little more time into it. I go by xVladx on there if anybody ever wants a match.

I've been out of it for a while. Though, if you want you can set up a match against me. I go by my forumname in FS.

Broseybrose

Im getting back into this, one of the best games of 2011 imo, due to the new influx of players. Add and/or challenge me, Broseybrose.

Top Bottom