• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fruit is amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DOWN

Banned
I quit fruit when I saw this damn Papyrus font logo

Edible-Arrangements-Logo.jpg

(I eat bananas and chocolate-covered strawberries, otherwise just some veggies like lettuce)

Neol

Love fruit. Always a good snack every now and then.

Favorites: Bananas, Pineapples, Grapes and Strawberries.

Hale-XF11

If you ever get the chance, try an ugli fruit. It tastes like the perfect mix between a grapefruit, a lemon and an orange. I bought one at Walmart one year and have been hooked on them ever since. They're super juicy!

lIhpoU6.jpg

Bit-Bit

OP, open your fruit horizon and try asian fruits!

My favorite, a durian. Smells like shit, tastes like heaven.
more-duri.jpg

My second favorite, rambuten. Tastes like little bit size fleshy nectar.
6156897455_7c24214296_z.jpg

And of course mangos! Tastes like your eating honey in fleshy form.
mangos-am-baum-1024x682.jpg

Other contenders for best fruits ever that I'm too lazy to get pictures for:
Jack Fruit - I can eat it all day.
Dragon Fruit - sort of like a less acidic kiwi but without any of the hairy messy.
Asian Pear - juicy ass mother fucker. you aren't ready for all of the sweet juice this pear will give you.
Guava - I actually prefer the drink more than eating the fruit. But it still has a nice hard crunch to it that I enjoy.

I freakin love fruits and can eat it everyday if I could afford to.

jts

...hate me...
Bananas are superb and super versatile.

I eat them with greek yogurt, I make eggsellent protein pancakes, smoothies, Elvis sandwiches, fried, with icecream, make bread out of them, eat them by themselves, etc.

Ofc strawberries another god-tier fruit, everybody knows that.

And cold watermelon for the hot summer days.

Avocado if it counts.

Prunes for that sweet bite full of fiber to get you going.

IDK, it's easier to point out fruit I don't like. What I usually dread is all the micro management regarding ripeness, preparation and whatnot. So I stick with bananas and prunes because they both come in smart packages.

DOWN

Banned

These are the most god awful, unappetizing, bizarre descriptions.

FootballFan

Bananas are superb and super versatile.

I eat them with greek yogurt, I make eggsellent protein pancakes, smoothies, Elvis sandwiches, fried, with icecream, make bread out of them, eat them by themselves, etc.

Ofc strawberries another god-tier fruit, everybody knows that.

And cold watermelon for the hot summer days.

Avocado if it counts.

Prunes for that sweet bite full of fiber to get you going.

IDK, it's easier to point out fruit I don't like. What I usually dread is all the micro management regarding ripeness, preparation and whatnot. So I stick with bananas and prunes because they both come in smart packages.

You should try toast with nutella and a slice of banana in between. Absolutely sensational combination. Goes together like cr7 and diving.

Spinluck

I ate an apple the other day and forgot how fucking delicious they can be. I imagine that this is the case for most fruits.

We in America are ungrateful as fuck. May we be cursed with fast food dollar menus for eternity.

Grandi

Those look exotic, how do they taste? I'm a fruit noob, if you couldn't tell.
Bilberries are like blueberries, but smaller, and they grow wild in the forest in low bushes near the ground. I'd say the taste is similar to blueberries, but more intense, more tarty.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vaccinium_myrtillus

Now cloudberries grow up in the north on swamps. Might look a bit like a raspberry, but tastes totally different. Tarty, but still sweet. I'd say the taste is pretty unique, I can't really describe it that well.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rubus_chamaemorus

Both are great in pies, cakes, ice creams, jams, juices and liquors, or freshly picked with some sugar & cream.

Despera

Banned

more-duri.jpg
Someone just a couple of days ago was telling me abut this fruit. His said it "smells like shit, tastes like pussy"... pretty much the same as your description lol

Need to try it someday.

Watermelon, strawberries, oranges, tangerines and pineapples are probably among my favorite. I enjoy almost all fruit.

Prunes and dates can fuck off though.

Bit-Bit

Someone just a couple of days ago was telling me abut this fruit. His said it "smells like shit, tastes like pussy"... pretty much the same as your description lol

Need to try it someday.

Here's how to properly enjoy durian.

First time you go down on it, you won't like it. But it's ok, wait a few days then try it again. You'll find that the taste of it now overcomes the shocking smell of it. Again, wait a few more days.

The 3rd time you try it, you'll love it forever and will feel like everyone else is living in the Matrix while you've awakened.

jts

...hate me...
You should try toast with nutella and a slice of banana in between. Absolutely sensational combination. Goes together like cr7 and diving.

I'll have to try. Sounds like a match made in heaven like Messi and tax evasion
iA1S7dn62Q3Kk.png

Regiruler

Anybody who doesn't like apples hasn't had fresh picked apples.

The nittany is a favorite of mine. Reasonably tart and flavorful, with a good crunch:
nittany.jpg

Dragon Fruit - sort of like a less acidic kiwi but without any of the hairy messy.
Asian Pear - juicy ass mother fucker. you aren't ready for all of the sweet juice this pear will give you.
Guava - I actually prefer the drink more than eating the fruit. But it still has a nice hard crunch to it that I enjoy.

Mangoes and guavas are a staple fruit around here when we make fruit dishes. :) Everyone here is scaring me from the durian, though. Makes me feel like I have to surgically remove smell receptors from my body before consuming one... >>;;;

more-duri.jpg

you need to add mangosteen in there, the queen of fruit. those are so nice but a shame you pretty much can't find fresh ones here in the US (not very often anyway). be warn thou, if you're eating a fresh one with shell, make sure you don't wear light color clothing since the shell has this kinda red coloring in it that's really hard to wash off.

braves01

Banned
Fruits are good treats to have on a cheat day, but I don't think I'd ever have more than a serving a week given how bad they are for you.

more-duri.jpg

Durian is the God Fruitess.

Eating durian is like dining on a buffet of only the richest, most tart cheesecake you will ever find, lying down afterwards for a thirteen-hour beauty sleep while digesting it then waking up to have the creamiest shit in your entire life, only to glance down at the toilet water and discover that you're squatting above your plate at the banquet table, having never left the buffet in the first place.

Nikodemos

Eating durian is like dining on a buffet of only the richest, most tart cheesecake you will ever find, lying down after for a thirteen-hour beauty sleep while digesting it then waking up to have the creamiest shit in your entire life, only to glance down at the toilet water and discover that you're squatting above your plate at the banquet table, having never left the buffet in the first place.
wut.

Anteater

I hate most fruit

I like some tropical fruits though. Pineapple, strawberry, banana.

Fucking hate apples, fuck oranges too.

Lucian Cat

Kissed a mod for a tag; liked it
I absolutely adore fruit. My fridge is full of it. Will eat it numerous times a day. It's so freaking good

Ray Wonder

Founder of the Wounded Tagless Children

Eating durian is like dining on a buffet of only the richest, most tart cheesecake you will ever find, lying down afterwards for a thirteen-hour beauty sleep while digesting it then waking up to have the creamiest shit in your entire life, only to glance down at the toilet water and discover that you're squatting above your plate at the banquet table, having never left the buffet in the first place.

So it's like a shat out cheescake. I'm down.

wait what

wait what

wait what

So it's a psychedelic fruit then? Because you were definitely high.

jasonng

more-duri.jpg

You seem like a cool guy. I want to be your friend.

more-duri.jpg

[/IMG]

Once my dad brought durian into work, a semiconductor company. He kept it in the refrigerator in the lounge area. Later that afternoon several employees reported toxic fumes emitting from the lounge area. When my dad heard that they were going to evacuate the building and bring people in with hazmat suits, he immediately knew what happened and reached out to the supervisor to explain that it wasn't toxic odors employees were smelling. It was his durian.

It was the first and last time he packed durian for lunch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom