• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Full House might be returning to television

Status
Not open for further replies.

inm8num2

http://insidetv.ew.com/2014/08/26/full-house-revival/

Have mercy! Warner Bros. TV is eying a possible revival of Full House.

The sitcom, which ran on ABC from 1987 to 1995 before living in syndication on Nick at Nite, may return to the airwaves with some of the original cast intact, including John Stamos, who is actively working to get the show back on the air, according to TV Guide Magazine.

The show’s creator Jeff Franklin would pen the potential revival, with original executive producer Bob Boyett also on board. Castmembers Candace Cameron Bure, Jodie Sweetin, and Andrea Barber would play a role in the project, while Bob Saget and Dave Coulier would also be involved, though it’s unclear in what capacity. There is no network attached yet, and the project is in very early stages.

The news comes on the heels of other TGIF series Boy Meets World finding new life as Girl Meets World on the Disney Channel.

A bit more at AV Club.

Funnily enough I was thinking about this show last month and what it would be like to see the characters in the present day.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
They did this already. They called it 7th Heaven.

Without the religious overtones. I never thought 7th Heaven had a lot to do with faith, but more about losing someone's faith.

I think FH was on TV during a more family loving period. We were all young, technology wasn't so advanced, and everyone fell for the corny family stuff.

All the women wore shoulders pads and men tucked in their t-shirts.

MisterHero

I want it to be based on DJ and Steve married but with Kimmy and Stephanie as housemates.

Sadly it might not fly without Michelle in some capacity.

if she returns i will watch day one.
jodie-sweetin.jpg

Chucker

They did this already. They called it 7th Heaven.
That's a stretch. As my wife is currently watching all 11 seasons of 7th Heaven on Hulu (on season 7 so far), it doesn't hold a torch to FH. Full House had heart and comedy, 7th Heaven from my hearing it from another room is mostly groan worthy.

IMO of course.

Blader

Why is John Stamos of all people trying to revive this show? I thought he hated doing it. And it's not he needs it; I can see why anyone else (save for the Olsens) would want to cash in again ASAP, but Stamos actually has a career.

I'm imagining the OP is actually about Twin Peaks or Mystery Science Theater 3000.

Well, there were rumblings of Joel looking to reboot MST3K this year...

studyguy

I didn't know people regarded 7th Heaven on the same level as Full House.
Full House has the benefit of not being completely dull.

FloatOn

They should work Elizabeth Olsen in as a surprise character because she's more talented than all of them combined

Hmmm, I don't know about this.

After how the Boy Meets World comeback / Girl Meets World turned out, I might rather just hold on to my fond memories of these shows instead.

Aww yeah!

Why is John Stamos of all people trying to revive this show? I thought he hated doing it. And it's not he needs it; I can see why anyone else (save for the Olsens) would want to cash in again ASAP, but Stamos actually has a career.

What does rumblings mean?

MisterHero

The Olsens wanted too much money. Also the show changed or tried to change networks. Stamos loves Full House.

HEY WHO WANTS TO SEE MR WOODCHUCK

funnyordie_mrwoodchuccdrw1.gif

dave is ok

aztek is ok
That's a stretch. As my wife is currently watching all 11 seasons of 7th Heaven on Hulu (on season 7 so far), it doesn't hold a torch to FH. Full House had heart and comedy, 7th Heaven from my hearing it from another room is mostly groan worthy.

IMO of course.
Full House was a 30 minute comedy about a zany family. 7th Heaven is a 60 minute drama about God or something.

Lijik

Lori Loughlin is still hot too. And Jaleel White can cameo as Urkel for a special crossover episode.

Remember how Urkel showed up on both Full House and Step by Step, implying all shows are within the same universe - but later John Stamos shows up on Step by Step and mentions his role on Full House. The TGIF universe was fucked up.

MisterHero

Wasn't this a rumor a few months ago?

Confirmed from a year ago?

http://www.tvovermind.com/full-hous...oming-starring-dj-and-stephanie-tanner-223330

First Girl Meets World, now this? 90s comfort TV lives again, it seems, and the latest show to come back to life is none other than…a new Full House! Yes, I can hardly believe it, but it is coming, at least in pilot form.

“Last month I was asked by ABC and [Warner Bros.] to write a new show for the Full House characters,” says creator Jeff Franklin. “Everyone I’ve spoken with were very open to the idea [of returning].”

The forthcoming show would star DJ and Stephanie Tanner, and the original actresses, Candice Bure and Jodie Sweetin would reprise their roles at the ages of 37 and 31 respective. Sweetin also looks like this these days, so there’s that.

As for “everyone else returning,” I’m not who all that means Franklin has talked to. Presumably Bob Saget and Dave Coulier could return, and John Stamos only gets hotter with age somehow. I’m less sure if the show would be able to snag either Mary Kate or Ashley Olsen to return for the show as Michelle Tanner, as they’ve always seemed pretty desperate to leave Full House behind, and are rarely in the public eye. Interestingly enough, their sister Elizabeth is becoming a pretty big movie star, and has just scored a role in The Avengers 2.

Would this actually land on ABC, or somewhere like ABC Family? I think a primetime audience would return to see how Full House evolved, and I also wonder if it would be a laugh track sitcom like its predecessor. ABC has mostly moved away from those, as that’s CBS territory right now.

Read more at http://www.tvovermind.com/full-hous...d-stephanie-tanner-223330#lo6mMoIgY00VTDhF.99

Remember how Urkel showed up on both Full House and Step by Step, implying all shows are within the same universe - but later John Stamos shows up on Step by Step and mentions his role on Full House. The TGIF universe was fucked up.
Cloning, transporters, and time travel exist in the Full House universe thanks to Steve Urkel!

I hope Girl Meets World's success doesn't open the floodgates for all of these revivals
Steve appeared on Full House and was Cory Matthews's pen pal.

Full House lives on but not officially!

Gonzalez

Banned
Will the show be a satire aimed at the adults who grew up with the show? Because I can't see it going back to the way it was before. Not with all the raunchier side projects Bob Saget has done in recent years, and the revelation that Dave Coulier might have been a horrible temperamental boyfriend.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom