• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Full House might be returning to television

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's up with all these 90s shows and movies getting spinoff a and revivals?

Seems like entertainment is obsessed with bringing back the 90s

PoopRiot

I think the closest in network tv is The Middle and even that show feels more adult than Full House/Family matters/StepbyStep

Oh yeah forgot about The Middle. It even has a moral narrative thing at the end of every episode (I think).

This would be great if Bob Sagat played up his roles, while giving hints that he is a dirty foul mouth comedian.
The Olsen twins can come in as anorexic & the family tries to help them.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
I fuckin' need this.

Strike

This sounds like such a terrible idea, but I'm still curious as to if and how they would be able to pull it off.

It really feels like Hollywood is obsessed with catering to 80s kids. It seems every other project in development is trying to appeal to our nostalgia.

Anyway, bringing Full House back is a TERRIBLE idea. Full House worked as a overly cheesy family sitcom when those type of shows had appeal in the 90s. But network TV has gotten far too edgy these days and sitcoms have pretty much been eradicated.

If Full House returned it would barely get past the initial 13 episode run and it would only succeed in tarnishing its own legacy. There's absolutely no demand for a show like Full House among adults. And kids/parents now have the Disney Channel to deliver family friendly sitcoms. Perhaps Full House could survive on the Disney Channel but the majority of the cast is too old to appeal to most Disney tweeners and I doubt the cast would be thrilled to return to TV on a channel where they would proceed a show called, "Dog with a Blog". Aside from a 13 episode "reunion" season i doubt the cast would have any interest doing the show beyond a year. It ain't the 90s anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom