• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Full House might be returning to television

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andrew.

Banned
Bring back Gia please as well.

Marla_Sokoloff.jpg

Couleurs

I hope the new show is dark as hell. Follow the fucked up lives of 18 people living in the same house since they have nowhere else to go

I've been wanting this for years, but it needs to be an R-rated satire/black comedy on HBO, completely in the old format with laughtracks and all, with as much of the original cast as possible.

MisterHero

They should go meta and just have both Mary Kate and Ashley Olson onscreen at the same time, something about a long lost twin found.
scenario 1:
Elizabeth Olsen takes over as Michelle. Whenever she has to make an important decision, the twins will appear as Angelic Michelle and Punk Michelle to give her advice.

scenario 2:
Michelle shares a house goes to college with her Greek cousin.

MCU vs FHU thread incoming.

The Crisis begins when Steve realizes that the Winslows had 2 daughters but everyone on Earth forgot about Judy!

Spinluck

Well, I had no idea that Elizabeth Olsen was actually the younger sister of the Olsen twins.

Besides her being hotter than them, the resemblance is there but it never crossed me.

Gonzalez

Banned
Michelle is dead. Turned out the concussion was a lot worse than they thought. She died in her sleep after the series finale. There saves the trouble trying to get them back.

Isn't the whole point of the series finale that they don't know what they'd do without Michelle? Seems like an odd character to leave out of a new version. Not that I really have any interest in watching the Olsen twins.

Ecto311

That show was inane dogshit back then and will be even more so now if revived.

Guardians of the galaxy showed that a new IP can come up and be something. Why can't tv do something like that and get a new show.

This news is fine with me since I cut out cable over 3 years ago and can see I am not missing anything.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
They should work Elizabeth Olsen in as a surprise character because she's more talented than all of them combined

I love that Elizabeth came out of nowhere with Martha Marcy May Marlene three years ago and is now an antagonist in what will, at worst, be second only to Episode VII as 2015's highest-grossing film. She deserves her success.

Guardians of the galaxy showed that a new IP can come up and be something. Why can't tv do something like that and get a new show.

I think films are more guilty of reusing old IP's then TV shows are. You'd be hard pressed this day and age to find a film that isn't a sequel, reboot, or adaption.

This is a weird analogy and a weird thread to be complaining about that in...

Just in the past 2 years we had a ton of great new shows!

True Detective!
Fargo!
House of Cards!
Orange is the New Black!
Hannibal!
Masters of Sex!
Silicon Valley!
Bob's Burgers!
Review!

MisterHero

That show was inane dogshit back then and will be even more so now if revived.

This news is fine with me since I cut out cable over 3 years ago and can see I am not missing anything.
Guardians of the Galaxy isn't a new IP. The movie also ingratiates itself with audiences with occasional pop culture jokes and references. They are basically the same.
mild exaggeration

Also there are lots of TV sitcoms on Disney Channel and elsewhere. Full House was just one of the most popular ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom