• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"Full House" to return as a Netflix series

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cheddahz

Banned
It's official! (thanks to Sean for the PR report)

“HAVE MERCY!” A NEW FULL HOUSE MOVES INTO NETFLIX —FULLER HOUSE

World’s Leading Internet TV Network Orders 13 Episodes from Warner Horizon Television for Debut in 2016

Candace Cameron-Bure, Jodie Sweetin and Andrea Barber to Star in the Sequel to the Iconic Hit Show Full House, with John Stamos Set to Produce and Guest Star; Discussions with Additional Full House Cast Members Ongoing

Beverly Hills, CA., (April 21, 2015) — Netflix, the world’s leading Internet TV network, has ordered a 13-episode season of a new multi-camera comedy from Warner Horizon Television, Miller-Boyett Productions and Jeff Franklin Productions. Fuller House is the long-awaited sequel to the iconic hit series Full House. Created by original Full House creator Jeff Franklin, Fuller House will premiere exclusively across all Netflix territories in 2016.

Candace Cameron-Bure, Jodie Sweetin and Andrea Barber are set to star in Fuller House, with fellow Full House star John Stamos set to produce and reprise his original role of Uncle Jesse as a guest star in the new show. Discussions with Full House stars Bob Saget, Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen, Dave Coulier and Lori Loughlin regarding guest appearances in Fuller House are ongoing.

In Fuller House, the adventures that began in 1987 on Full House continue, with veterinarian D.J. Tanner-Fuller (Cameron-Bure) pregnant and recently widowed, living in San Francisco. D.J.’s younger sister/aspiring musician Stephanie Tanner (Sweetin) and D.J.’s lifelong best friend/fellow single mother Kimmy Gibbler (Barber), along with Kimmy’s feisty teenage daughter Ramona, all move in to help take care of D.J.’s two boys — the rebellious 12-year-old J.D. and neurotic 7-year-old Max — and her soon-to-arrive baby.

“As big fans of the original Full House, we are thrilled to be able to introduce Fuller House’s new narrative to existing fans worldwide, who grew up on the original, as well as a new generation of global viewers that have grown up with the Tanners in syndication,” said Cindy Holland, Vice President of Original Content for Netflix.

In a joint statement, executive producers Robert L. Boyett, Thomas L. Miller and Jeff Franklin said: “The continued support of Full House fans of all ages for the last 28 years has been astounding. It is an honor and a thrill to catch up with these beloved characters and explore their lives today. The love you saw on the show was real. The cast has remained a loving family off screen all these years. We are as excited as our fans to finally bring Full House back to life.”

Fuller House is from Miller-Boyett Productions and Jeff Franklin Productions in association with Warner Horizon Television for Netflix. Robert L. Boyett, Thomas L. Miller and Jeff Franklin are the executive producers of the series, which was created by Franklin. John Stamos is a producer.

About Full House
Airing for eight seasons and 192 episodes from 1987–1995 on the ABC Television Network in the U.S., Full House was a comedic look at three grown men experiencing the “joys of motherhood” as they raise three girls in San Francisco. Widowed father Danny Tanner (Saget) is dealing with the unique trials and tribulations — and chaos — of being a single parent to daughters D.J. (Cameron-Bure), Stephanie (Sweetin) and Michelle (Mary-Kate/Ashley Olsen). When trying to juggle his career as a local television personality with the responsibilities of being a full-time dad proves to be too much, Danny gets help raising his family from his rock musician brother-in-law Uncle Jesse (Stamos) and the infrequently employed stand-up comedian Joey (Coulier). Andrea Barber also starred as D.J.’s BFF Kimmy Gibbler, with Lori Loughlin as Danny’s Wake Up, San Francisco co-host Rebecca, who would eventually date and marry Jesse.

Variety
Netflix has closed a deal to bring back “Full House” for a 13-episode reunion series, according to actor John Stamos.

Stamos, who played Uncle Jesse on the popular family sitcom, broke the news Monday night on “Jimmy Kimmel Live!”

Called “Fuller House,” the revival series will focus on Candace Cameron Bure’s character D.J. Tanner and her best friend Kimmy Gibbler (Andrea Barber).

Other characters from the show, including Stamos, are expected to make regular appearances.

It also seems like John Stamos mentions it on an upcoming episode of "Jimmy Kimmel Live"
It's happening, "Full House" fans! During an appearance on the April 30 episode of "Jimmy Kimmel Live," John Stamos announced that a deal has been signed to make that rumored "Full House" sequel series a reality. He also spilled some very important details about the project.

"Netflix came around and said, 'Let's do 13 episodes'," Stamos reveals. The new series will start with a one hour reunion special, before becoming a story about DJ Tanner (Candace Cameron Bure), her sister Stephanie (Jodie Sweetin) and her best friend Kimmy Gibbler (Andrea Barber).

amnesiac

the new show would be called “Fuller House”

tumblr_mcvzubStId1qdho5ko1_400.gif

Sean

Banned
Just got the official PR in my inbox

“HAVE MERCY!” A NEW FULL HOUSE MOVES INTO NETFLIX —FULLER HOUSE

World’s Leading Internet TV Network Orders 13 Episodes from Warner Horizon Television for Debut in 2016

Candace Cameron-Bure, Jodie Sweetin and Andrea Barber to Star in the Sequel to the Iconic Hit Show Full House, with John Stamos Set to Produce and Guest Star; Discussions with Additional Full House Cast Members Ongoing

Beverly Hills, CA., (April 21, 2015) — Netflix, the world’s leading Internet TV network, has ordered a 13-episode season of a new multi-camera comedy from Warner Horizon Television, Miller-Boyett Productions and Jeff Franklin Productions. Fuller House is the long-awaited sequel to the iconic hit series Full House. Created by original Full House creator Jeff Franklin, Fuller House will premiere exclusively across all Netflix territories in 2016.

Candace Cameron-Bure, Jodie Sweetin and Andrea Barber are set to star in Fuller House, with fellow Full House star John Stamos set to produce and reprise his original role of Uncle Jesse as a guest star in the new show. Discussions with Full House stars Bob Saget, Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen, Dave Coulier and Lori Loughlin regarding guest appearances in Fuller House are ongoing.

In Fuller House, the adventures that began in 1987 on Full House continue, with veterinarian D.J. Tanner-Fuller (Cameron-Bure) pregnant and recently widowed, living in San Francisco. D.J.’s younger sister/aspiring musician Stephanie Tanner (Sweetin) and D.J.’s lifelong best friend/fellow single mother Kimmy Gibbler (Barber), along with Kimmy’s feisty teenage daughter Ramona, all move in to help take care of D.J.’s two boys — the rebellious 12-year-old J.D. and neurotic 7-year-old Max — and her soon-to-arrive baby.

“As big fans of the original Full House, we are thrilled to be able to introduce Fuller House’s new narrative to existing fans worldwide, who grew up on the original, as well as a new generation of global viewers that have grown up with the Tanners in syndication,” said Cindy Holland, Vice President of Original Content for Netflix.

In a joint statement, executive producers Robert L. Boyett, Thomas L. Miller and Jeff Franklin said: “The continued support of Full House fans of all ages for the last 28 years has been astounding. It is an honor and a thrill to catch up with these beloved characters and explore their lives today. The love you saw on the show was real. The cast has remained a loving family off screen all these years. We are as excited as our fans to finally bring Full House back to life.”

Fuller House is from Miller-Boyett Productions and Jeff Franklin Productions in association with Warner Horizon Television for Netflix. Robert L. Boyett, Thomas L. Miller and Jeff Franklin are the executive producers of the series, which was created by Franklin. John Stamos is a producer.

About Full House
Airing for eight seasons and 192 episodes from 1987–1995 on the ABC Television Network in the U.S., Full House was a comedic look at three grown men experiencing the “joys of motherhood” as they raise three girls in San Francisco. Widowed father Danny Tanner (Saget) is dealing with the unique trials and tribulations — and chaos — of being a single parent to daughters D.J. (Cameron-Bure), Stephanie (Sweetin) and Michelle (Mary-Kate/Ashley Olsen). When trying to juggle his career as a local television personality with the responsibilities of being a full-time dad proves to be too much, Danny gets help raising his family from his rock musician brother-in-law Uncle Jesse (Stamos) and the infrequently employed stand-up comedian Joey (Coulier). Andrea Barber also starred as D.J.’s BFF Kimmy Gibbler, with Lori Loughlin as Danny’s Wake Up, San Francisco co-host Rebecca, who would eventually date and marry Jesse.

Nibel

About as old as the show.

The story in the OP is the officially confirmed one while the other, older stories are what sources said. Despite them being accurate personally I don't see why an official confirmation doesn't warrant a thread. :p

@Topic: I loved this show as a kid and Netflix are mostly doing damn good work with most of its stuff, so of course I'll keep an eye on this. Just hope that it will have some of the old, more family-orientated spirit than being something more wicked.

LycanXIII

Just got the official PR in my inbox

I wonder if they'll bring Steve back.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
The story in the OP is the officially confirmed one while the other, older stories are what sources said. Despite them being accurate personally I don't see why an official confirmation doesn't warrant a thread. :p

OP originally posted a story from April 2, lol

Any chance they take the old format off the rails and do something a little twisted or less family friendly?

Bob Saget's personal brand of humor is so not G rated.

Sean

Banned
The PR says that discussions are ongoing with them... that would be odd to include in a press release if they weren't going to appear.

AFAIK the Olsen twins have never shown up to any of the previous cast reunions or weddings etc. They seem to want nothing to do with Full House, I doubt they return.

Pyrrhus

Any chance they take the old format off the rails and do something a little twisted or less family friendly?

Bob Saget's personal brand of humor is so not G rated.

With Candace Cameron-Bure as the star? No, very unlikely. From what I've read she's not a complete loon like her brother, but she is very straight-laced and religious.

jwk94

I wonder if they'll bring Steve back.

He's probably the dude who's dead. Also, wtf at DJ's luck? First her mom and now her husband and she's gotta go through the same crap again? Is she going to have multiple flashbacks to old FH moments in each episode?

Meowster

This is probably going to be terrible but I will definitely be watching. The original show is a shrine of nostalgia for me lol.

LycanXIII

He's probably the dude who's dead. Also, wtf at DJ's luck? First her mom and now her husband and she's gotta go through the same crap again? Is she going to have multiple flashbacks to old FH moments in each episode?

Steve's last name wasn't "Fuller" so I don't think it'd be him.

Edit: Also, just realized that's where the new series name comes from.

The PR says that discussions are ongoing with them... that would be odd to include in a press release if they weren't going to appear.
they've never indicated any interest in doing anything full house related. didn't even go to saget's roast despite being good friends with him to this day. sure they can discuss (aka send an email) the possibility, but I don't see it happening ;)

jwk94

So odds on Family (Still) Matters or a Fresh Prince sequel coming in the next five years? Hell, would a sequel to that other TGI friday show do well? The one that's basically Full House and Family Matters.

Steve's last name wasn't "Fuller" so I don't think it'd be him.

Edit: Also, just realized that's where the new series name comes from.

Oh snap I didn't even see that. Whoops my bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom