• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"Full House" to return as a Netflix series

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zubz

Banned
Yep full house is in the same universe as family matters and since its been about 17 years I better see some advancement in technology. Teleportation pads better be the norm. Maybe in one episodes one of djs kids thinks they're a loser so they use a transformation chamber but he mixes it up with the cloning machine and clones himself. Urkel better be some highly powerful rich figure.

Again, why aren't they hiring us to write this for them? I mean, I've been sitting on a concept for a gritty, Mad Max-inspired Full House reboot for years!

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
The character of Michelle Tanner had a cameo in Hanging With Mr. Cooper. Is Mr. Cooper part of the Urkelverse or part of a larger TGIF multiverse?

Mr. Cooper is Urkel's dead beat father we never saw on screen. Ditched his child to go hit on Vanessa, then ran away to Africa with her to make sure Urkel never saw him again. This is actually why Urkel created the teleportation pads. To reunite with the father who never loved him. Urkel is further infuriated by Mr. Cooper's love for his neighbor Tyler. This also explains why he himself spends so much time at the neighbors and is so obsessive about Laura, pushing away women who actually care for him and appreciate him the way he is, sans transformation bullshit.

Again, why aren't they hiring us to write this for them? I mean, I've been sitting on a concept for a gritty, Mad Max-inspired Full House reboot for years!

In the future Urkel industries, led by Steve Urkel, has launched a campaign of war using his army of Urkel bots. The last remaining bastion is a rebel army led by a shadowy figure named U. In an epic show down U confronts Steve Urkel only to reveal himself to be the real Steve Urkel. The fake Steve is actually Stefan who faked his own death in a supposed urk-pad accident. His motivation? Years of resentment festering towards Steve after Laura dies in one of Steve's experiments. In the end its revealed that shes still alive as a cyborg Urkel bot.

jett

D-Member
I'll watch this out of sheer curiosity. My whole family used to watch Full House back in the day, along with crap like Stey By Step and Family Matters.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
In the future Urkel industries, led by Steve Urkel, has launched a campaign of war using his army of Urkel bots. The last remaining bastion is a rebel army led by a shadowy figure named U. In an epic show down U confronts Steve Urkel only to reveal himself to be the real Steve Urkel. The fake Steve is actually Stefan who faked his own death in a supposed urk-pad accident. His motivation? Years of resentment festering towards Steve after Laura dies in one of Steve's experiments. In the end its revealed that shes still alive as a cyborg Urkel bot.

The nerd kid from Step by Step also heads a rival conglomerate specialized in human augmentation. The evil Urkel doll Stevil from the Halloween episodes is his Vice-President.

latest

MisterHero

The nerd kid from Step by Step also heads a rival conglomerate specialized in human augmentation. The evil Urkel doll Stevil from the Halloween episodes is his Vice-President.

latest
Don't forget Carlsbad!

Meanwhile a 3rd corporation is pursuing a hostile takeover of Urkel Industries for its vast library of patents; Minkus International. Despite his vast resources, Steve cannot prevent it. Only his old pen pal Corey Matthews can reason with him.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Urkel is so ubiquitous, I once got a hold of my sister's employee badge and replaced her picture with Urkel's.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Oh no I don't care why he did it, it's just the humanity of it that I question.

Because I thought it would be funny. I cut out an Urkel picture in the exact dimensions of the pic on the badge and lightly glued it over the original picture so it would be easy enough to remove once she spotted it.

She almost went into a meeting where she'd have to show the badge at the door but caught it right before that when a colleague glanced at it and asked: What's that? She saw the humor in it and posted about it on Facebook so it's not like she was upset about it.

I didn't really like Full House, but I'm glad this is happening because it means other old shows can follow suit. Can we get new Seinfeld episodes now? Though my heart hurts because we can't get new episodes of the Cosby Show or Fresh Prince for various reasons.

I didn't really like Full House, but I'm glad this is happening because it means other old shows can follow suit. Can we get new Seinfeld episodes now? Though my heart hurts because we can't get new episodes of the Cosby Show or Fresh Prince for various reasons.

The key to most of these revivals is the people who made the original show generally having nothing better to do (monetarily, at least). For example, no one from Arrested Development's career had really taken off when they decided to do season 4. A show like Seinfeld wouldn't work because you'd have to convince Larry David and Julia Louis-Dreyfuss that they'd rather do this than what they're already doing which is already bringing them money and acclaim. Not to mention Jerry being rich enough off syndication that he doesn't have to do this unless he really, really wants to.

I see we have sparked fanfiction in this thread about the Urkel dominated TGIF ABC lineup universe I watched all the time as a kid.....I...

...I love you guys.

I wonder how Kimmy Turned out looks wise......

Also, I want DOUG to come back. Doug and Patty married with kids, and we follow their kids.
Doug never ends up with Patti, he spends his whole life playing the nice guy and loses out to Roger Klotz.

Although they did get really drunk at a party once where Doug took advantage of her - Doug claims it was okay because she never said no, but Skeeter insists that he raped Patti (honk honk).

I'm pretty sure this is all canon.

A show like Seinfeld wouldn't work because you'd have to convince Larry David and Julia Louis-Dreyfuss that they'd rather do this than what they're already doing which is already bringing them money and acclaim. Not to mention Jerry being rich enough off syndication that he doesn't have to do this unless he really, really wants to.

You mean they wouldn't do it just for the kicks? :(
Any network would kill for even just one more season. I pray it would happen eventually.

Joni

It seems they found an excellent way to get the Olsen twins back: they didn't ask them. They want to come back now. Lori Loughlin has also complained she, Dave Coulier and Bob Saget don't have a deal yet. They are in negotiations. Steve on the other hand is coming back apparantly.

lenovox1

It seems they found an excellent way to get the Olsen twins back: they didn't ask them. They want to come back now. Lori Loughlin has also complained she, Dave Coulier and Bob Saget don't have a deal yet. They are in negotiations. Steve on the other hand is coming back apparantly.

Perfect. And I was pretty certain one of them never wanted to act anymore.

Joni

Perfect. And I was pretty certain one of them never wanted to act anymore.
They both quit, but I think a return to Full House wouldn't be really breaking that. It wouldn't be full-time and it would be coming home to a familiar environment. Will Friedle is coming out his retirement too for Girl Meets World for instance, because he already knows the people on set.

They both quit, but I think a return to Full House wouldn't be really breaking that. It wouldn't be full-time and it would be coming home to a familiar environment. Will Friedle is coming out his retirement too for Girl Meets World for instance, because he already knows the people on set.

Will Friedle never retired. That dude has been voice acting for years just go look at his IMDB.
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0295115/

huh, looked up will friedle out of nostalgia and apparently this happened

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trojan_War_(film)

$300 at the box office, $15 million budget. that's got to be a record of some kind.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom