• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"Full House" to return as a Netflix series

Status
Not open for further replies.

razznjazz

Neo Member
It's official! (thanks to Sean for the PR report)

In Fuller House, the adventures that began in 1987 on Full House continue, with veterinarian D.J. Tanner-Fuller (Cameron-Bure) pregnant and recently widowed, living in San Francisco.

It also seems like John Stamos mentions it on an upcoming episode of "Jimmy Kimmel Live"

Even after all these years D.J. STILL CAN'T CATCH A BREAK. I was totally expecting it to say, "D.J. is an aspiring film actress, but can only seem to get cast in Drew Barrymore biopics. She drinks a lot."

neonglow

Pretty dumb lol. But I also just read it completely and its the SAME plot as the original. Widower has kids and has two people move in to help. Wow.

It's kinda like Girl Meets World. The same premise as the original show but they switch up the genders.

Imm0rt4l

tumblr_mcvzubStId1qdho5ko1_400.gif
lmao

With Candace Cameron-Bure as the star? No, very unlikely. From what I've read she's not a complete loon like her brother, but she is very straight-laced and religious.

Is it possible to go the other way with the show? I kid, but Netflix creations and resurrections tend to be a bit more edgier than regular TV. I think you are right though, this series is probably going to be pretty straight...maybe more suited for Netflix Kids.

Salmonax

Would be interesting if they set it at least partially in the same house, so they could recreate the partial set as a three-dimensional location. It would be a novelty, if nothing else.

Although even in the 90s, the house was huge for a local TV personality in San Francisco. Today it would probably be worth five million dollars or more.

jwk94

Would be interesting if they set it at least partially in the same house, so they could recreate the partial set as a three-dimensional location. It would be a novelty, if nothing else.

Although even in the 90s, the house was huge for a local TV personality in San Francisco. Today it would probably be worth five million dollars or more.

Speaking of the house, how are they going ot do this? Is it going to be in front of a live studio audience like a normal sitcom? Has Netflix ever done a Sitcom before?

ElTopo

Banned
Meh. Nice to see Jodie Swetin get some work. I'd be curious if Saget does a guest appearance. You just know they'll slyly reference his dirty stand up act.

BigMack

Danny can now be the one doing stand-up comedy and they can make jokes about him being a wholesome, family man doing dirty stand-up bits in his act (which we never see.)

Joey can now be a successful late-night tv host.

Instead of a drunk driver killing Mr. Fuller ala Pam in the original, now it'll be a teen who was texting.

Bonus points if they add a bit of realism and make Stephanie a recovering drug addict. "It all started when Gia gave me that cigarette in the bathroom back in jr high..."

This could be the start of the new TGIF Cinematic universe for Disney. As weren't there cameos in Family Matters and Step by Step of Full house people or visa versa? Urkle matters in 2017 followed by Step by Step by Step.

I love Full House, and always have. However, I worry about the quality of this sequel. Things don't usually turn out well when people try to remake past successes.

LOL if they bring back Saget and Coulier too...they just will look old...Stamos didnt age at all :-D Storywise it doesnt sound that promising to be quite honest but Stamos alone will make some episodes worthwile I guess :D

EDIT: Next reunion should be Prince of Bel-Air --> King of Bel-Air: Musician and Actor William Smith lives with his wife and children in Bel-Air...his son (lets name him Jaden) goes of the hook, cause well lets face it, he is stupid and totally out of control...so he sends him to Jadens uncle: Alfonso Ribeiro: Carlton Banks!...
This could actually be good (if they DONT cast Jaden as Jaden) :D

Joni

This could be the start of the new TGIF Cinematic universe for Disney. As weren't there cameos in Family Matters and Step by Step of Full house people or visa versa? Urkle matters in 2017 followed by Step by Step by Step.
Jaleel White had physical problems with the Urkle look so it might be difficult.

Only if they can get Leonardo DiCaprio in it again.
That is why we should be realistic, bring back the better Family Ties.

Family Matters was a spin-off of Perfect Strangers. Balki can be the Thanos of the TGIFU.

Thats a shame about Urkle. Well they could just do "Family matters more" instead too keeping in the same line of Show titles as Fuller house.

Well if we were to get 80s era sitcoms why not Alf the next generation?

All you guys hating on this don't realize just how many people are going to watch this show.

Nostalgia is a powerful thing people.

So odds on Family (Still) Matters or a Fresh Prince sequel coming in the next five years? Hell, would a sequel to that other TGI friday show do well? The one that's basically Full House and Family Matters.

I doubt we'd see a family matters sequel. That show completely jumped the shark and it was just so different in the end from its early seasons. Fresh prince wouldn't be the same without James Avery.

As for the new full house it sounds so uninspired. Basically its female versions of Danny/Jessie/Joey (DJ/Stephanie/kimmy) in a new format. It'll be interesting the way they go but I doubt it'll be really anything special. As far as steve coming back, last I heard her ran off with some princess.

Zombine

Banned
They should have called this show Royal Flush. Have it take place in Las Vegas and focus on Uncle Joey and his career which exploded after the events of the original show.

Bgamer90

Banned
EDIT: Next reunion should be Prince of Bel-Air --> King of Bel-Air: Musician and Actor William Smith lives with his wife and children in Bel-Air...his son (lets name him Jaden) goes of the hook, cause well lets face it, he is stupid and totally out of control...so he sends him to Jadens uncle: Alfonso Ribeiro: Carlton Banks!...
This could actually be good (if they DONT cast Jaden as Jaden) :D

I WOULD LOVE THIS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom