• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Full list of Amazon Black Friday deals.

DuckRacer

So at the end of the day, I got Banjo Kazooie for $26 on eBay w/ live.com, and Fable 2 for $40. And Rez for 500 points. And Season 1 of both the Wire and Chuck.

I think I'm set for a while. :)

DuckRacer said:
So at the end of the day, I got Banjo Kazooie for $26 on eBay w/ live.com, and Fable 2 for $40. And Rez for 500 points. And Season 1 of both the Wire and Chuck.

I think I'm set for a while. :)

My final haul:

Left 4 Dead 360
Lost Planet Colonies
West Wing Season 4
Step Brothers 2-Disc.

:D

Cheech

BenjaminBirdie said:
Ha, what? What does Fable II's MSRP have to do with System Warz?

The only System Wars I'm invested in involve Blader vs. Grant Morrison.

;D

No, I was referring to the other dude. He was the pro-Sony equivalent of the guys in the LBP threads telling people to wait when it is a $20 downloadable game in 30 days or some other obscenely short period of time.

Fable 2 is an outright steal at $40. It was my favorite action-adventure game since the original NES Zelda. IMO, it's what Zelda should have evolved into after OoT.

Cheech said:
No, I was referring to the other dude. He was the pro-Sony equivalent of the guys in the LBP threads telling people to wait when it is a $20 downloadable game in 30 days or some other obscenely short period of time.

Fable 2 is an outright steal at $40. It was my favorite action-adventure game since the original NES Zelda. IMO, it's what Zelda should have evolved into after OoT.

Ha! Okay.

Yeah, it's really phenomenal.

gkryhewy

Cheech said:

WTF? Pro-Sony? :lol :lol Assumptions make an ass of.... you. I don't even own a PS3. I'm just a cheapass pragmatist.

In this time of economic uncertainty, one needs to pick one's battles. And RPGs tend to hold their value not at all.

DuckRacer

lawblob said:
One of these is the best show on television, the other is Chuck.
Yeah, I've heard. I've watched all the episodes of Chuck's current season, so I thought I'd buy the first season. Heard spectacular things about The Wire, so I thought I'd get that as well.

Also, BB, have you watched any of the West Wing? You're in for a treat.

DuckRacer said:
Also, BB, have you watched any of the West Wing? You're in for a treat.

Oh yeah. One of my favorites. I had just somehow not gotten 4 yet. And it's got my favorite episode, "24 Hours In America"! SO PSYCHED!!

So during these deals I picked up Last Remnant, Infinite Undiscovery, and Fallout 3. Im also getting Fable 2 as a gift. I guess ill be in 360 RPG backlog heaven for a while. :lol

gkryhewy

dexterslu said:
how you do that

Go to CheapAssGamer.com. It's an exclusive CAG deal, so I don't want to post it here and steal CheapieD's referral bonuses.

Also I'm apparently a closet PS3 troll, and my objective here is to reduce sales of the 360 version of EndWar (Asian).

Cheech

gkrykewy said:
WTF? Pro-Sony? :lol :lol Assumptions make an ass of.... you. I don't even own a PS3. I'm just a cheapass pragmatist.

In this time of economic uncertainty, one needs to pick one's battles. And RPGs tend to hold their value not at all.

1. It's a joke. The whole fanboy/system warrior thing isn't to be taken seriously, at least by the mature adults who frequent GAF.
2. I don't think of Fable as an RPG in the traditional sense, but it is a much higher quality title than most of the JRPG trash that has come out on the 360 this year. It will still be $60 deep into next year. The amount of copies it sold last month is proof enough of that.

I've played all the big fall titles (haven't gotten to the new Prince of Persia yet, though), and Fable 2 and Fallout are tied neck and neck so far for my GOTY. I haven't decided yet.

gkryhewy

Cheech said:
2. I don't think of Fable as an RPG in the traditional sense, but it is a much higher quality title than most of the JRPG trash that has come out on the 360 this year.

Really? Personally I universally detest WRPGs, but my subjective viewpoint is also meaningless in this context. What I meant was that RPGs tend to be played through once and resold.

Cheech said:
It will still be $60 deep into next year. The amount of copies it sold last month is proof enough of that.

What an odd viewpoint. GTAIV is widely available for less than $40 at retail right now.

Has anyone else checked their credit card transactions for the 360/DDR glitch from amazon? I have amazon orders before and after the 360/DDR purchase which are showing up on my recent transactions, but there is no charge for the 360/DDR purchase. I'm worried that they will stealth charge me the full 199 at some later date. The 360/DDR has already been shipped.

I'm wondering if anyone else has actually seen the $130 charge on their credit card?

Leon S. Kennedy said:
Has anyone else checked their credit card transactions for the 360/DDR glitch from amazon? I have amazon orders before and after the 360/DDR purchase which are showing up on my recent transactions, but there is no charge for the 360/DDR purchase. I'm worried that they will stealth charge me the full 199 at some later date. The 360/DDR has already been shipped.

I'm wondering if anyone else has actually seen the $130 charge on their credit card?

They can't increase the charges without telling you... There is no stealth charge but they could cancel the order if they wanted to but that's about it.

Mindlog

With Super Saver shipping I got the first of my Amazon shipments today!

That's the very next business day from when I ordered.

5/5, would order again.

DunpealD

Infinite Undiscovery for £17.73 at The Hut.

Takes some time for people outside UK, but great offer nevertheless.

EDIT: If anyone sees a good Lost Odyssey or The Last Remnant deal, in the EU, like this one please PM me :)

Mindlog said:
With Super Saver shipping I got the first of my Amazon shipments today!

That's the very next business day from when I ordered.

5/5, would order again.

Lucky. One order has shipped. Other is still in the queue.

JudgeN

Anyone else Black Friday stuff not shipped yet? I Bought Dead Space PS3 as soon as they dropped the price to $30 on Friday morning. One order shipped other hasn't and they both had the same free 2 day shipping.

Hell Radio Shack hasn't shipped my PS3 controller what either.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
JudgeN said:
Anyone else Black Friday stuff not shipped yet? I Bought Dead Space PS3 as soon as they dropped the price to $30 on Friday morning. One order shipped other hasn't and they both had the same free 2 day shipping.

5/6 shipped by Saturday.
Standard/Super Saver

Costanza

Banned
JudgeN said:

I've received both of my orders already that I used 2-day prime shipping on :lol (Sonic Unleashed and Transformers bluray)

freshair

I had 2-day shipping on all my orders from Amazon. The video games shipped on time and quickly, but some of the dvds (mainly House/Weeds 2/3) are delayed until next week. ;(

All 4 of my orders from Friday and Saturday have been shipped using the free Super Saver shipping and I already received one package.

I haven't gotten anything I ordered yet which is strange because I usually get stuff from them in 1 day with super saver (I think they have a warehouse near DC). I bought so many games from them this weekend - I'm actually praying for a drought early next year.

Jonsoncao

Banned
holy shit when i back home i found Sonic Unleashed i ordered yesterday evening already arrived......

hopefully my bro would be happy with his present

I used Super Saver Shipping on Black Friday, the stuff shipped that day. It left DE on Friday and is currently in Philadelphia, PA. I live in FL so I imagine it'll be a few more days. The estimated arrival date is Dec 8th, but I'm hoping it shows up sooner.

shantyman said:
Someone talk me out of the GH:WT bundle!!!
The full bundle? Forget it. Why not get an old cheap bundle of Rock Band and then GH:WT separately.

Or perhaps you mean the GH:WT guitar bundle that is $30 off . . . that's not a bad deal but I've managed to resist since I already have lots of guitars.

Az987

all good things
Got my order i made Friday morning today. Used free shipping too, glad i didnt pay for shipping. I dont think theres anyway I couldve gotten it sooner

Top Bottom