• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Full list of Amazon Black Friday deals.

Baron

I placed an order at around 2 AM PST or so Friday morning, chose 2-day shipping with Amazon Prime, and received my package Saturday morning at 10 AM! Completely unexpected, and very nice. Been waiting to play Heavenly Sword, but didn't want to pay full price. I would have bought it with even a lesser discount, at $30 or $40, but for $19 it was a steal.

I also just applied for an Amazon Visa, and was approved. They give you $50 off your first order you charge to it. I picked up this Tivoli speaker for my Tivoli Model Three alarm clock radio. Very very nice.

My copy of Dead Space (PS3) should be arriving tomorrow. However my package containing Heavenly Sword and God of War 2 has yet to ship. Anyone else having trouble with either of these games?

CO_Andy

The_Inquisitor said:
My copy of Dead Space (PS3) should be arriving tomorrow. However my package containing Heavenly Sword and God of War 2 has yet to ship. Anyone else having trouble with either of these games?
My Heavenly Sword already shipped.

Baron said:
I placed an order at around 2 AM PST or so Friday morning, chose 2-day shipping with Amazon Prime, and received my package Saturday morning at 10 AM! Completely unexpected, and very nice. Been waiting to play Heavenly Sword, but didn't want to pay full price. I would have bought it with even a lesser discount, at $30 or $40, but for $19 it was a steal.

I also just applied for an Amazon Visa, and was approved. They give you $50 off your first order you charge to it. I picked up this Tivoli speaker for my Tivoli Model Three alarm clock radio. Very very nice.
ncavetb.jpg

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Woot! :D

TF2, my PSP headphones wit the controller, Sonic Unleashed (360), and MGS: Essential Collection came in today.

Uncharted also came in from eBay yesterday :D

16m2bdz.jpg

Barrett2

Hazaro said:
Woot! :D

TF2, my PSP headphones wit the controller, Sonic Unleashed (360), and MGS: Essential Collection came in today.

Uncharted also came in from eBay yesterday :D

Im' not exactly sure whats happening with that receipt, but whatever it is, it looks like a good deal. :lol

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Heh, I saved a ton on stuff I really didn't need.
1 of: Sennheiser CX300-B Earbuds (Black) [Accessory]
$19.99

1 of: PSP 17 in 1 Starter Kit [Accessory]
$3.95

1 of: PSP Charger Grip [Video Game]
$4.95

1 of: PSP Pouch and Wrist Strap [Video Game]
$2.95
Grand Total: $31.84

Current prices
$36.64

1 of: PSP 17 in 1 Starter Kit [Accessory]
$24.58

1 of: PSP Charger Grip [Video Game]
$29.99

1 of: PSP Pouch and Wrist Strap [Video Game]
$15.99
Grand Total: $107.20

a savings of +$75. Not bad. It still needs to ship though.

DarkWish

My Animal Crossing/Wii Speak bundle has arrived at home... and I'm at college :(

I suppose that's for the better though since I have final exams.

probune

The_Inquisitor said:

Nope, my God of War 2 shipped today

Flunkie said:
I hate you guys who got the $130 Arcade deal.

Those amazon bastards are charging me $199. It said $130 when I checked out on Black Friday, but now my credit card is listing 199 billed from Amazon on 11/30/08 - two days after Black Friday. I'm disputing the charge. If I don't get the 130, I'll return it.

Az987

all good things
Leon S. Kennedy said:
Those amazon bastards are charging me $199. It said $130 when I checked out on Black Friday, but now my credit card is listing 199 billed from Amazon on 11/30/08 - two days after Black Friday. I'm disputing the charge. If I don't get the 130, I'll return it.

ruh ro

Leon S. Kennedy said:

You realize they are not liable for pricing mistakes right?

The_Inquisitor said:
You realize they are not liable for pricing mistakes right?

Well if his receipt says $130, then yes they are liable. They can't tell you one price that you authorize and then change it behind your back without your authorization.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Leon S. Kennedy said:

Uh oh.

This happened to someone else as well and they called to get the $70 credit, so give it a shot.

I've been billed for $139 already though.

Mindlog

Marty Chinn said:
Well if his receipt says $130, then yes they are liable. They can't tell you one price that you authorize and then change it behind your back without your authorization.

Just send an e-mail or make a call with some calm assertive energy. Utilize an amiable demeanor and dominate the sales associate.

Marty Chinn said:

Based on my recent dealings with them I have a feeling he's not going to win this one. The old Amazon was very easy going about stuff like that but I have no idea what's going on with them now. Must be the economic downturn or something.

I'd like to be angry at them but everyone who got in on that deal knew what they were doing.
Yes I'm jealous :p

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Wario64 said:
$19.99

Damn, I could have used this.

I don't know about used, but I would of liked to try those out at that price.

Rest of my goodies will arrive tomorrow and the next day. :D

Wario64 said:
$19.99

Damn, I could have used this.

I'd never even heard of those but they got awesome reviews. I put one in my cart just in case it goes on sale again.

Leon S. Kennedy said:
Uh oh.

Well if I get charged full price, then the entire order is going back. They can eat the shipping both ways. :p

Flunkie

Banned
Evonus said:
It's a good deal. Or do you not like fun?
He said convince him not to get it. :p

Leon S. Kennedy said:
Oh crap. Besides Hazaro, anyone else get charged $200?

Thanks Amazon! :D

AmznArcade.jpg

Edit: I have not looked at my credit card records though.

Edit: Dead Space and Left 4 Dead also arrived. I'm loaded with games for a while.

Aladuf

Banned
Much like everyone else, I got some of my things today. Boom Blox and De Blob showed up but no Sonic Unleashed (not that I expected it yet). Now I just need to find time to play them. :lol

Still so pissed. Every couple hours I remember that I'm not getting my game until practically Christmas.

"Unfortunately, we are unable to ship the product(s) as soon as we expected and need to provide you with a new estimate of when they may be delivered:

Windows XP "Left 4 Dead" [DVD-ROM]
Estimated arrival date: 12/17/2008 - 12/23/2008
"

Has yet to ship. I used Amazon Prime 2-Day Shipping. Fuck my Prime membership.

basis

I'm not that Amazon-savvy and I don't have Prime membership, but one of (out of several other) orders is only scheduled to be shipped out NEXT week. I ordered during the BF craze.

Is it because one of my items in the order is not in stock (though I was pretty sure all were when I hit the buttons), or is it because i'm cheap and using Free Shipping?

And is there anyway to improve the shipping schedule to an earlier slot? Would changing the shipping type help?

Dementia

I should have got my games from Amazon today. Their website says yes, it was delivered early this morning, but my university says no. Lame.

Sqorgar

Banned
basis said:
Is it because one of my items in the order is not in stock (though I was pretty sure all were when I hit the buttons), or is it because i'm cheap and using Free Shipping?
Free shipping always has a late shipping day. Doesn't matter what you ordered or when you ordered it, expect it to take at least a week to ship (once it does ship, however, it'll probably get there pretty quickly). In the future, if you pay for shipping, expect in stock items to ship the same day most of the time. But if you are going to pay for shipping, get Prime. It's worth it. The stuff I ordered on Friday was here midday Monday in four separate boxes.

And is there anyway to improve the shipping schedule to an earlier slot? Would changing the shipping type help?
I believe that changing your shipping re-queues your order. You might still get it faster, but it could cause you headaches down the road.

The damage:

Left 4 Dead (360) - 39.95
Infinite Undiscovery (w/ Gift) (360) - 19.95
Pure (360)- 29.95
Gears of War 2 Lancer - 61.70
Gears of War 2 (360)- 41.99
Xbox 360 Elite Holiday Bundle - 236.31
Trauma Center: New Blood (Wii) - 14.99
Top Spin 3 (360) - 9.99
Black Play N Charge Kit - 13.96
Warriors Orochi 2 - 14.99
Black Battery Pack - 11.99