• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FULL Sky Captain & The World of Tomorrow trailer is OUT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Willco

Hollywood Square
The FULL Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow trailer is here!

CLICK HERE FOR ITS BADASSNESS (TO THE XTREME!) AND BE AWED.

SkyCpt_new_one_sheet.jpg

Trevelyon

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
It may end being a giant pile of BS (Jolie has become the kiss of the death) but it looks pretty damn cool. I am a total nut for alternative histories and this movie is hot as hell from a Crimson Skies standpoint. Lovely art too.

SaitoH

I'm not quite sure what to make of it, or how I feel. Nice art direction.

I'm kinda interested ... I guess.

>_>

Prospero

It's the director's first movie, and he's never even worked on a film crew before.

Also, there were no sets built for the movie--every single shot is green-screen or full CGI.

link to "set" visit

So it's basically an animated film--the filming style of the Star Wars prequels taken to its logical conclusion.

SyNapSe

It looks like one of those movies that is going to be a hit with sci-fi people, or one of the worst movies ever made. The alternate history idea is pretty cool..

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
I don't know about the actual movie, but the soft bloom lighting used for the entire thing is absolutely STUNNING. The movie is quite beautiful, that's for sure...but the concept is very odd.

DaCocoBrova

Finally bought a new PSP, but then pushed the demon onto someone else. Jesus.
I'm actually put off my the filtering they used, just like I was by Minority Report. Looks amazing nonetheless. The cast suprised me the most.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
DaCocoBrova said:
I'm actually put off my the filtering they used, just like I was by Minority Report. Looks amazing nonetheless. The cast suprised me the most.

Ha ha, PC gamer at heart! ;P

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Looks sweet,cant wait :)

border

Bleh, I can't get too excited about a film that is 95% middle-budget CGI. It just makes the whole affair look like some shitty cutscene from a circa 1997 PC game. If ILM can't make CG-bluescreen work look real and convincing, then I doubt these guys can either. I think the art design is good, but the execution of the project has me anxious.

Between the art design and the terrible name, it's pretty clear that this will bomb regardless of quality. I can't believe the studio is actually letting them call it "Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow". On the bright side, its failure will probably scare other studios away from doing completely CG films.

border said:
Bleh, I can't get too excited about a film that is 95% middle-budget CGI. It just makes the whole affair look like some shitty cutscene from a circa 1997 PC game.

^^^

What he said.

This will bomb... I'm pretty sure of it.

Phoenix

This is one of the more original things I've seen in years and it looks good so I will be there on opening night - guaranteed.

Phoenix

The Bookerman said:
^^^

What he said.

This will bomb... I'm pretty sure of it.

That's not a big deal - good movies bomb all the time and complete shit makes hundreds of millions :D

SteveMeister

Hang out with Steve.
Early trailers had me not interested, but the two most recent trailers, especially this newest one, have me absolutely excited about it. Looks fantastic, and I can't wait!

Prospero

dark10x said:
I don't know about the actual movie, but the soft bloom lighting used for the entire thing is absolutely STUNNING. The movie is quite beautiful, that's for sure...but the concept is very odd.

My fear is that the bloom lighting that looks cool for about ninety seconds is going to wear really thin after two hours. Also, no matter how pretty a movie is, it's nothing without a script (see Chronicles of Riddick).

That said, I'll probably see it opening weekend.

Alucard

Banned
I want this movie to be awesome. I want it to be great and something I'd be proud of to eventually have in my DVD collection. I love the art direction and whole style of the film is totally stunning. It looks like new-age filmmaking mixed with sci-fi out of the 50s and 60s. I'll definitely be there on opening weekend.

Please be good, please be good...

aparisi2274

WOW...

So Angelina Jolie plays an ace pilot with one eye. I guess that whole Depth perception thing for pilots has gone right out the window.

Some of the scenes reminded me of ID4, but in an old 1930's radio drama era.

The Undersea battle was weird, because they went underwater with their planes?!?!?!? I mean at least make it somewhat believeable.

Oh well. I guess we will see how well this does when it comes out.

aparisi2274 said:
WOW...

So Angelina Jolie plays an ace pilot with one eye. I guess that whole Depth perception thing for pilots has gone right out the window.

Some of the scenes reminded me of ID4, but in an old 1930's radio drama era.

The Undersea battle was weird, because they went underwater with their planes?!?!?!? I mean at least make it somewhat believeable.

Oh well. I guess we will see how well this does when it comes out.

http://www.intuitor.com/moviephysics/

Here's your home.

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
The movie isnt supposed to be realistic.. its a take off on the old 30's-50's radio and TV shows set in the future.. completely unrealistic expectations.. Im really looking forward to this.

Minotauro

Finds Purchase on Dog Nutz
This movie is going to tank so hard. The title alone is enough to doom it.

I remember a few months ago, there was talk of me and Olimario making a bet regarding it's success. Since then, he has been noticeably absent in all threads concerning it. He is still around, isn't he?

FoneBone

I love the look of this, and the advance reviews have mostly been positive. Unfortunately, even the positive reviews have indicated poor audience reaction to the film, and the acting in the trailers has been pretty questionable.

And why does Paramount seem to be downplaying the retro aspects? I mean, the new trailers are presented like pretty much any other sci-fi action film (as opposed to the more retro teaser back in December, which was great).

Anyway, I'll definitely be there opening weekend. But I don't expect a sequel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom