• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fuller House |OT| A Netflix Original Series

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slacker

Not thinking this will be my cup o tea. I'm a little surprised at the amount of adult humor. I can't really imagine watching this with the kiddos.

SaintZ

Yeah I'm on episode 5 and so far the first one is the weakest.

Steph is definitely the strongest part of the show. The kids are not too bad but I can't stand Kimmy. The actress is just so over the top. Her character won tho, I mean her ex is so HOT.

I watched the first ep and loved it. It was very cheese. The part with NKOTB, looool!

But I'm skeptical going forward seeing as most of the old cast only make a few appearances. I knew it was going to be about the daughters but I hoped they still managed to keep the whole cast in there somehow. Not living in the same house, but maybe something similar to Modern Family where they just tell a few different family stories intertwined.

OK, I kinda like this. It's corny, but it's aware of its corniness. I actually think Gibbler's goofy, enthusiastic, sometimes deadpan delivery is the best thing about this show. I don't know that I'd binge watch it or that I'd call it a great show, but it's pleasantly enjoyable in a Parks & Rec "everyone supports each other and it's a saccharine sweet show" way (without the cleverness of dialogue or character development, of course). It also reminds me of being a kid with my siblings, watching TGIF. I'm glad it exists.

Man, DJ is really rocking that dress in episode 3. Overall, the first episode was as bad as I thought it would be, but the show is rebounding from it. Much better than I anticipated.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
Just finished it. The show gets better as it goes. Definitely don't regret binging on it this morning. Was fun and light in a time of television when it's all heavy and dark. Like someone said earlier you can see the influence that Parks and Rec took away. Solid season.

Aeana

I finished watching and I really liked it after the rocky start. It's true that it has something that just isn't there in modern television. It feels nostalgic and comfortable, but not outdated.

bounchfx

episode 3 is great. i love the mix of old and new. I thought the older characters were only in episode 1. this is a treat. what is with these dresses though? no complaints, I guess they realized their audience would appreciate the cleave.

the fucking brothers doing rock paper scissors. so god damns silly lol. "c'mon, dude!"

Majestad

Banned
Just watched the first episode. Cheesy as fuck but I really liked it. There were some legitimely fun jokes, like "all seaman lost" and the dairy Queen one. Lmao.

Jopie

The first episode was cheesy and hard to watch. After that, solid stuff. A good mix of sappy moments and adult humor.

I finished episode 5 and honestly, I don't hate this. Even the pilot was just corny at worst and was an excuse to call back old gags.

The idea of this of all shows getting new life in this era of television sounds so absurd but I feel like I know what this show is and it knows what this show is. Even the kids are actually not all that bad really. It's basically a notch or two above the stuff Disney Channel and Nickelodeon put out.

Stephanie as a character is probably my favorite thing about Fuller House so far but:

dFGKLIk.jpg

Calcium

Banned
Please tell me there's joke about that dress somewhere in pilot...

Yeah. Initially she's not wearing the black jacket and there is a line of dialogue about it. Something like "Too much?" - "No, not enough!"

Stephanie doesn't give a fuck. She's kind of awesome that way.

Hubbl3

Unconfirmed Member
20 mins into episode 1 and:

1) I don't miss laugh tracks

2) What is with
Bob Saget's arms? They just hang awkwardly a lot of the time.

3) Jodie Sweetin
in that red dress dancing to NKOTB was glorious

Dereck

Uhhh..why did that lady just randomly place the skunk on the floor and then walk out? Was that a prank?

EDIT: Oh

I came here in pain, because I don't drop shows when I start them, but then I saw the OT and laughed for a good minute lmao.

Thanks OP.

SilentRob

They said drive-by skunking, sounded like a prank.

A guy came into the office, asked if they could leave any animals they found on the street, Steph said "yeah", lady brings in skunk, Steph goes "No, not a skunk!", lady fucking bails.

It was screenwriting perfection. "Hey, how could we get a skunk in there? "Uh, I dunno, someone finds one on the street and just fucking throws it in?" "Alright then!"

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Watched the first two episodes. It's actually pretty okay so far - it mainly relies on nostalgia but I can't say that it isn't effective for someone who grew up watching the original series on a daily basis.

It's wild seeing all the old actors on the "same set" almost 30 years later. Really surreal. They're all doing a great job too
except for Bob Saget, who was awful
, especially the 3 leads. They just slipped right back into their old roles like it was nothing. I'm most impressed by Andrea Barber, who hasn't really even acted since the original show ended. She's great.

The idea of this of all shows getting new life in this era of television sounds so absurd but I feel like I know what this show is and it knows what this show is. Even the kids are actually not all that bad really. It's basically a notch or two above the stuff Disney Channel and Nickelodeon put out.

I agree. The kids are surprisingly decent (Max is the standout for sure) and the show is easily a step above the typical tween/family sitcoms on Disney and Nick.

Pluto

Probably a HUGE SPOILER, but I need the answer:
Is Bob Saget only in the first two episodes like IMDB says?
If you want to know the old characters appearances.

Bob Saget is in
episodes 1 and 8
John Stamos in
episodes 1, 2, 9 and 13
Dave Coulier in
episodes 1, 3 and 13
Lori Loughlin in
episodes 1, 9 and 13
Scott Weinger in
1, 7, 9, 10, 12 and 13

Unless I forgot something.

Calcium

Banned
Wow, I can't believe I'm almost through the whole season. The show isn't that good, but it sure didn't deserve the brutal reviews it received.

It is interesting to see how the writers can write the show around random dance numbers. I'm pretty sure Stephanie is only a DJ to include more dance potential.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Wow, I can't believe I'm almost through the whole season. The show isn't that good, but it sure didn't deserve the brutal reviews it received.

It is interesting to see how the writers can write around including random dance numbers. I'm pretty sure Stephanie is only a DJ to include more dance potential.

I think Stephanie is a DJ because they had to mimic the original as close as possible and needed a rocker.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom