• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fuller House |OT| A Netflix Original Series

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fantastical

Death Prophet
For all of you who have watched, is this show closer to the milkman, paperboy, or evening TV?

Did somebody say...... MILK!?!

1RnUCoW.gif

Toa TAK

Banned
Saw the first episode. Can't believe I'm feeling nostalgic over FULL HOUSE, a show I watched ambivalently as a kid.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
d3GYlmI.jpg

So far, the new characters aren't annoying, save for the oldest boy. The middle kid is the standout.

kinggroin

Banned
Macy Gray had me laughing my ass off. Really hate to admit this show has got its hooks in me.

So weird watching the continuation of an old show I grew up with, now with my own children who LOVE it.

First episode, my wife and I got pretty emotional seeing our boys laugh.

SegaShack

I've finished the third episode and am really enjoying this so far. It's what I expected, in a good way. The first episode lays the nostalgia on pretty heavy, but after that it's settled into cheesy sitcom mode nicely. Gibbler is especially funny and I'm enjoying the kid characters, too.

Some of the negative reviews I've read around the web seem exceedingly harsh. Fuller House may not be for everyone, but it's far from awful. I'm not sure what people were expecting from a revival of a 20+ years old family sitcom that embodied all the cliches of that era but still managed to make you laugh and make you feel a little warmer inside.

Maybe I'm getting old and boring, but this feels like a pleasant alternative to the more mean-spirited comedy shows of today (I'm a huge fan of the latter). Gimme all the group hugs and life lessons!
This. It's nowhere near as bad as some of the professional reviews made me believe. It's silly, corny, and enjoyable like the original. My only complaint is that some jokes can be too adult at times and that the kids really overact.

kinggroin

Banned
This. It's nowhere near as bad as some of the professional reviews made me believe. It's silly, corny, and enjoyable like the original. My only complaint is that some jokes can be too adult at times.

Yeah, let's kill all the "sexy" talk and "exploding volcano" inuendo. I mean, "haha" but I shouldn't have to explain what this stuff means to my 6 and 8 year olds in a wholesome family show.

I mean, I DID explain it...but eh.

Macy Gray had me laughing my ass off. Really hate to admit this show has got its hooks in me.

So weird watching the continuation of an old show I grew up with, now with my own children who LOVE it.

First episode, my wife and I got pretty emotional seeing our boys laugh.
Come join us in the Girl Meets World thread, too.

Enk

makes good threads.
I've only watched the first episode so far, but man this is a weird feeling of nostalgia to go back to. I used to watch some of the show when I was a kid, and even though I knew it was schmaltzy waltzy cheese at the time I couldn't help but watch it. Same thing applied here too. A lot of sappy cringe moments but yet I couldn't stop watching it. I admit I did get a chuckle a few times and I wasn't expecting them to lay on the adult humor as much as they did.

Fantastical

Death Prophet
I think reviewers totally missed the mark on this one.

Yup. This is exactly what a revival like this should be, and everyone seems to be having a lot of fun. On episode 5 now and I'm really enjoying it... which I wasn't actually expecting to.

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
Just watched the first episode. It was really corny and cringeworthy, but it had its moments. Kimmy is easily the funniest and the kids are easily the worst actors(although John Stamos isn't much better :p). Though I loved it, I haven't watched the original in forever and I wouldn't be surprised if it was just as corny as episode 1.

I'm gonna give this season a shot though. I just hope that the poor ratings won't cause the show to get cancelled :S

Even though I'm only on episode one, this show is really fun. I also like the more adult-oriented jokes that have been included.

And again, how the hell does Lori Loughlin and John Stamos not ever age?

Jodi and Candice steal the screen you can tell they are REALLY into these characters.

Seriously the reviewers missed the mark on this one this is great.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Yup. This is exactly what a revival like this should be, and everyone seems to be having a lot of fun. On episode 5 now and I'm really enjoying it... which I wasn't actually expecting to.

The most bizarre thing to me is that pretty much every review I read before this came out was negative. But the reactions on Twitter have been extremely positive. I think they knocked it out of the park with this one, as much as you could with a Full House revival. This definitely isn't bad by sitcom standards, and I think it's way better than the original.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
The most bizarre thing to me is that pretty much every review I read before this came out was negative. But the reactions on Twitter have been extremely positive. I think they knocked it out of the park with this one, as much as you could with a Full House revival. This definitely isn't bad by sitcom standards, and I think it's way better than the original.
The first episode was really awful though. The rest of the show just becomes average after it goes past the whole "look at us we're old!" phase of the pilot.

Penguin

I think it's just a reflection of the world.

Really only ABC makes these type of sitcoms anymore and even those are more... adult-oriented.

It's kind of a throwback to a more innocent time, and perhaps people don't like overly cheery and happy shows.

That sounds cynical. But I've enjoyed it so far.
Think just finished episode 7.

Much like Girl Meets World though, I like that they don't depend entirely on the original crew and sprinkle it throughout

Just finished the third ep.

I'm really surprised by how good this is so far.

It's modern but still has a lot of heart the original did without the over the top sap, and the amount of cheese is just right.

Edit: lol ep 4. I was up all night erupting my volcano, haha.

Quonny

I have absolutely no nostalgia for Full House. I've actually always thought it was awful. But here I am, on a couch watching this, and it's not bad. Not amazing, but it's alright.

My wife, however, is going nuts. After every episode she sits up and goes "I am loving this, so, much!!!!"

So, yeah, it's a success as far as I'm concerned.

dabig2

Honestly, Steph's boobs are the only reason I would ever watch this, and as long as they're here in this thread I don't have to waste time FF'ing through entire episodes drunk as fuck. Steph bless.

MisterHero

As lovely as they are, it would be nice if the entire thread wasn't about Stephanie Tanner's boobs going forward.
quick someone make a gif of Kimmie imitating Stephanie (midway through Ep. 6)

also, the amount of innuendos is indeed strange, but it works. The self-awareness makes the show's humor even better.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
I just hope that the poor ratings won't cause the show to get cancelled :S

A. Netflix doesn't report on their viewership figures, so we have no idea how well it's doing B. It just premiered today so it's too early to say anyway C. Netflix has never cancelled one of their originals after only one season.

There was something special about getting a shower, laying down and watching Full(er) House on a Friday night.

Get me my Gameboy and a Caprisun and I'm freaking home.

TGIF.

Cheebo

Banned
I didn't realize how nostalgic I was over Full House till I watched the first few episodes of this. It was just another TGIF show I watched because well I just did. But this was like almost revisiting family. Such a odd good feeling. I am really enjoying this.

Just finished the first 10 episodes. Really enjoying the show so far, which i'm honestly surprised by. I think I share the same sentiment most here already have; its a fantastic revival of the show's original format, with a nice injection of both adult humor, and the whole-hearted family angle that pretty much dominated family sitcoms in the 90s.

In a way, I feel what makes it standout now is that, its not in a oversaturated sea of other similarly themed shows. Sure, each show back in the 90s was somewhere different on the spectrum of family-wholesome sitcom, but you had so many back then: Boy Meets World, Family Matters, Fresh Prince, Step By Step. Even the current shows Disney produces, like Girl Meets World, pander way too young and feel way more cringe-y than this show does, and this show isn't exactly rife with adult-humor, like say Married With Children was.

Its hard to put my finger on what exactly is happening in this show's execution of this specific sitcom format that is making it rise above the rest, but they definitely have something going on. I haven't read any reviews on this, but if its as poor as some have said, then I definitely think that the reviewers are way over the mark.

Krowley

A. Netflix doesn't report on their viewership figures, so we have no idea how well it's doing B. It just premiered today so it's too early to say anyway C. Netflix has never cancelled one of their originals after only one season.

If my facebook is any indication, it's doing pretty well.

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
On episode 3 now, I think the main problem with this show is that it's an adult themed show but with childish jokes, so it's a bit confused in that aspect...

I meant poor reviews, poor wording on my part

My gawd that DJ and Kimmy dance off.

Seriously why does this show feel so different? Something about it is very refreshing while also being a throw back. Sitcoms today are genuily missing whatever magic this show has.

Dineren

Banned
I was worried after the first episode, but I'm up to the seventh episode and have been enjoying this quite a bit.

I was skeptical when I saw that Danny, Joey, Jessie, and Rebecca were only in a few episodes, but it managed to pull me in even without them.

Cheebo

Banned
On episode 3 now, I think the main problem with this show is that it's an adult themed show but with childish jokes, so it's a bit confused in that aspect...

I meant poor reviews, poor wording on my part
It's a family sitcom aimed at adults. They didn't make this for tweens like the original.

I mean this has masturbation jokes, original never did that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom