• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fuller House |OT| A Netflix Original Series

Status
Not open for further replies.

inm8num2

I've finished the third episode and am really enjoying this so far. It's what I expected, in a good way. The first episode lays the nostalgia on pretty heavy, but after that it's settled into cheesy sitcom mode nicely. Gibbler is especially funny and I'm enjoying the kid characters, too.

Some of the negative reviews I've read around the web seem exceedingly harsh. Fuller House may not be for everyone, but it's far from awful. I'm not sure what people were expecting from a revival of a 20+ years old family sitcom that embodied all the cliches of that era but still managed to make you laugh and make you feel a little warmer inside.

Maybe I'm getting old and boring, but this feels like a pleasant alternative to the more mean-spirited comedy shows of today (I'm a huge fan of the latter). Gimme all the group hugs and life lessons!

Majestad

Banned
I've finished the third episode and am really enjoying this so far. It's what I expected, in a good way. The first episode lays the nostalgia on pretty heavy, but after that it's settled into cheesy sitcom mode nicely. Gibbler is especially funny and I'm enjoying the kid characters, too.

Some of the negative reviews I've read around the web seem exceedingly harsh. Fuller House may not be for everyone, but it's far from awful. I'm not sure what people were expecting from a revival of a 20+ years old family sitcom that embodied all the cliches of that era but still managed to make you laugh and make you feel a little warmer inside.

Maybe I'm getting old and boring, but this feels like a pleasant alternative to the more mean-spirited comedy shows of today (I'm a huge fan of the latter). Gimme all the group hugs and life lessons!

Yeah, at the end of the day we just want to hug it out and be happy to see the Tanner family back.

Calcium

Banned
Oh no...

Steve is playing with DJ and her kids in the backyard. He's going to get hit by a bus, isn't he?

Just watched the first episode, and got floored by Jodie Sweetin and her dress.

jodie_zpsh5fhwfbt.png

Talk about Fuller House, have mercy!

Full Blouse

SaintZ

The baseball episode was really fun lol. It's nice to see them out of the damn house.

Dr. Matt is really HOT, LAWD. Poor Steven is no competition for him.

I don't care for the kids at all. The Jackson/Lola plot is zzz. Max and Ramona are ok in small doses.

Watched the first episode - it was sweet and not bad. Might watch the rest over the next week or two.

Also Jodie Sweetin, goddamn.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
That Trump line was overdubbed. He said "actor" or something.

The pilot felt like Full House, which is all I wanted from this. But jesus, Stephanie Tanner grew up.

Downhome

So is the main cast from the old show really only in the first episode? Not counting the girls of course. Feel free to put it in spoiler tags.

Okay, whoever is writing Max's stuff needs a raise. Since I outgrew being a child, I normally don't enjoy little kid humor in shows, but Max has me cracking up. I even don't mind the Holy Chalupa they're trying to force down our throats.

Okay, whoever is writing Max's stuff needs a raise. Since I outgrew being a child, I normally don't enjoy little kid humor in shows, but Max has me cracking up. I even don't mind the Holy Chalupa they're trying to force down our throats.

I love that he is a clean freak just like grandpa lol. And he seems to have good comedic timing.

Only watched the first episode so far but it is basically all I wanted.

He's the middle right? That kid is great, the oldest is annoying so far.

Is it just me or is there suddenly an extra room in the house?

DJ is in her old room. Stephanie is in Jesse's basement room. Kimmy is in Jesse and Rebecca's old attic room. One of the kids is in Michelle's room, and the other two are in Danny's room, and Kimmy daughter is probably in Stephanie's old room which was Jesse's first room.

So nope we're good.

The rooms' occupants might not be accurate but the number is good.

He's the middle right? That kid is great, the oldest is annoying so far.

Yeah, Jackson has some real down moments. Max (middle kid) has literally made entire episodes for me thus far. His
zombie
bit was fantastic.

EDIT:

Write after I wrote this post, Max comes back with the most SAVAGE lines & delivery:

Max's friend: "My dad taught our dog how to open a fridge and bring him a beer."

Max: "Your dad sounds like a boozer."

DJ is in her old room. Stephanie is in Jesse's basement room. Kimmy is in Jesse and Rebecca's old attic room. One of the kids is in Michelle's room, and the other two are in Danny's room, and Kimmy daughter is probably in Stephanie's old room which was Jesse's first room.

So nope we're good.
I can't watch it until later, but are Danny, Jesse and Rebecca, and Joey no longer living there? Also, where are the (not Olsen) twins?

DrForester

Kills Photobucket

So nope we're good.

The rooms' occupants might not be accurate but the number is good.

I thought the Baby is in Michelle's old room. The boys are in DJ/Stephanie's old room. DJ is in Danny's Room. Kimmy in attic, Stephanie in basement.

I thought the Baby is in Michelle's old room. The boys are in DJ/Stephanie's old room. DJ is in Danny's Room.

The baby was moved there after Stephanie, Kimmy and her daughter moved in. It was Nax's room at that point. Hence why all Max's stuff was still there intially before he moved in with his bro.

DJ is definitely in her and Stephanie's old room. They even reminisce about that.

Oh. Forced out of their own home. =(

It's all plot. No one forced out. They're all moving on to other things

Calcium

Banned
Then there is an extra room. Because Kimmy's daughter has a room on the 2nd floor, meaning there are 4 rooms there now.

Oh, that's right. I thought she took the Hobbit room. Huh, I guess there is an extra room. It's nice how the house transforms to fit their needs.

LycanXIII

Using Netflix on my PS4, the Spotlight section is for "Highway Thru Hell" and this isn't under New Releases or Recently Added. Guess I'll have to search for it.

That was before everyone decided to move in though.

Then there is an extra room. Because Kimmy's daughter has a room on the 2nd floor, meaning there are 4 rooms there now.

Wouldn't that have been Jesse's first room aka Steph's old one with the bunnies.

Rooms on that floor were Danny's, Jesse's, Michelle's, Stephanie/DJ's

netguy503

as usual tumblr is comin' through!

tumblr_o36aroWXk01s4sfjlo1_400.gif
tumblr_o36aroWXk01s4sfjlo4_400.gif
tumblr_o36aroWXk01s4sfjlo6_400.gif
tumblr_o36aroWXk01s4sfjlo5_400.gif

who were those guys btw? Were they someone from the show's past? The audience reacted when they first showed up and I didn't get it. Also they had some older guys under the stairs in the family room in the 1st episode that I couldn't place that the audience reacted to. I think I may be missing some references that the team might have put in for true fans of the show.

Calcium

Banned
Also they had some older guys under the stairs in the family room in the 1st episode that I couldn't place that the audience reacted to. I think I may be missing some references that the team might have put in for true fans of the show.

The guys under the stairs were Jesse's old band. No idea who the bar dudes were.

Finished the school rrcital episode. Wow, didn't think they'd go there with Stephenie. Kind of depressing.

For real, did not see that coming. It was a pretty nice gut punch after a loose and cheesy first 4+ episodes.

Ramona and Max are the best of the new characters. I do wish they didn't try to pigeon hole the girls into the same character traits as the guys in the old series, Kimmy/Joey, Steph/Jesse, DJ/Danny, etc.

Salsa

as usual tumblr is comin' through!

tumblr_o36aroWXk01s4sfjlo1_400.gif
tumblr_o36aroWXk01s4sfjlo4_400.gif
tumblr_o36aroWXk01s4sfjlo6_400.gif
tumblr_o36aroWXk01s4sfjlo5_400.gif

this whole thing weirds me out

I mean, I appreciate it as much as the next guy but it's weird to see the "wholesome family" show kinda relying on that sex appeal this much

also every time I look at her I remember the crippling drug addiction she apparently had after full house ended. glad she's doing fine in that regard, and she gets to work again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom