• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fuller House Season 2 |OT| A Netflix Original Series

Status
Not open for further replies.
God damn it!

(finale spoilers)
I was totally Team Steve. Can't believe they engaged him to a weird DJ clone.

wut?

B2znDk0.jpg

mrkgoo

I don't really get the comments about some of the lameness. It's a show all about being kinda lame and throwbacks.

It's funny. I usually hate sitcom kids that act way more "adult" than their actual age for the sake of laughs. For example, Max would usually be the bane of shows like this. But for some reason, I actually find his delivery and timing to be pretty funny.

Max, Cosmo, Steve, and Kimmy are the MVPs of S2. My wife and I enjoyed season 2 for sure, but I'd argue that S1 was better overall. Excited for the series to continue.

Lyonaz

Man show is just nostalgic decent fun, enjoying it as much as season one,

Jackson.
The rumor was the actor would leave which really didn't make sense and I don't think there was an actual source for that, it just popped up on the internet.

Yeah, they even said storyline would involve bullying and that he moved to live with his grandparents somewhere else to explain his absence.

mrkgoo

Finished up the season. It was solid. Enjoyed it, but the last Episodes were the weakest.

felt they could've lingered on CJ walking in on the proposal for a bit more, but her response to the situation throws what she has on her mind out there too. I like the love triangle. It's funny. Is there sharedvyo be a season 3?

And I like Jackson.Fernando is the best though.

MisterHero

Up to episode 8. Holy hell the placement advertising is strong with this one

that said I hope it results in more episodes

mrkgoo

I never really noticed to be honest.

Unless you mean the macs. But you know, people in real life use iPhones and Macs. OR other branded goods. It doesn't bother me usually.

Bladenic

The "come back, it'll be fun" bit in the thanksgiving episode was the worst thing I've ever seen on tv. Not only cuz of the way it's done, BUT JESUS PEOPLE THEY SAID THEY DONT WANNA COME BACK, THEY DONT ACT ANYMORE, and they probably don't even watch the show anyway.

Also RIP Alan Thicke

Piichan

Banned
Probably overreacting a bit, but did anyone else think the kids asking Lola what's Happy New Year in Japanese was kind of racist?

kittoo

Cretinously credulous
The constant 'awwwww' by the audience is very jarring for me. You don't need to do it on every little thing.

The constant 'awwwww' by the audience is very jarring for me. You don't need to do it on every little thing.

Yes they do, it's Fuller House.

And I was hoping we could turn this thread into a 'Support Group for Spouses of Fans of Fuller House.' I could hear my wife gut laughing at episodes of this on Sunday.

Link

The Autumn Wind
Finished up the 2nd season earlier this evening. I enjoy the hell out of this show. Plus it provides me with a certain level of comfort.

Bladenic

It's a multi cam sitcom sequel to a 80s sitcom. So every joke is gonna get laughs, every kiss is gonna get WOOOOO, every slightly cute moment is gonna get AWWWW, and every character/celeb appearance is gonna get 5 minutes of clapping.

gosox333

the second I heard fernando's voice in season 1 I wondered if they'd shoehorn him into a Lucy parody, I'm glad I nailed it.

but seriously he's like fez and kelso combined, I think he's my favorite thing about this show

sappyday

The "come back, it'll be fun" bit in the thanksgiving episode was the worst thing I've ever seen on tv. Not only cuz of the way it's done, BUT JESUS PEOPLE THEY SAID THEY DONT WANNA COME BACK, THEY DONT ACT ANYMORE, and they probably don't even watch the show anyway.

Also RIP Alan Thicke
It was stupidly great

Trey

I never really noticed to be honest.

Unless you mean the macs. But you know, people in real life use iPhones and Macs. OR other branded goods. It doesn't bother me usually.

It's extremely strong. Netflix, Blue Blood, Lyft, it really doesn't stop. They play it off for laughs every time but it's still cheap and clunky.

The writers think they can get away with it because the show is supposed to be looked at as corny, saccharine, light drama. Maybe they're correct. but I still notice, and would prefer the show just cut those jokes/product placement out entirely.

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
Alpha here...

The second season is leagues above the first. The meta references are hilarious (I loved the Lori Loughlin one, and the Urkel one). The product advertising is unabashed and delivered hamfisted. The fourth wall breaks, fantastic. I love everything about this show now, and even the acting has substantially improved as every actor gets into a groove. Candace isn't a bad actor, she just plays a completely neurotic person and she's had some bright moments, especially during her speech to Steph about when their mom passed.

Fernando is fucking hilarious. I believe the actual actor does not have the accent (as he drops it numerous times during impersonations). I love the dancing too and all of the guest stars. And Jimmy got tons of laughs from me too. He really is a Michael Kelso for the Full House world, but he's still hilarious.

Anyway, loved the season.

RIP Alan Thicke. :'(

This show is one of the greats

CJ
The e-cigs
Danny's two thirds of his life crisis
Bobby poop-co
The late-great Alan Thicke

I couldn't make something so bad if I tried. It's art.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
The kid who plays Jackson may be the worst actor I've ever seen. Fernando's enlarged role is a welcome addition to season 2, but his over the top accent can get annoying. Please, no more of that Popco kid.

Other than a few minor complaints, this is still fantastically fun to watch bad TV.

aadiboy

The kid who plays Jackson may be the worst actor I've ever seen. Fernando's enlarged role is a welcome addition to season 2, but his over the top accent can get annoying. Please, no more of that Popco kid.

Other than a few minor complaints, this is still fantastically fun to watch bad TV.
All of the kids except Ramona are bad actors, but they get the job done, I guess. Ramona's problem is that she can't dance and yet she's supposed to be a great dancer.

All of the kids except Ramona are bad actors, but they get the job done, I guess. Ramona's problem is that she can't dance and yet she's supposed to be a great dancer.
The actress is actually a professional dancer though. It's probably why dancing is so central to the character.

AlphaSnake

Dude, what? She's a solid dancer...

Ramona can't dance? I mean... what are you expecting from a 14-year old that is also a professional actor? She seems like a solid dancer to me.

CD'S BAR

Just watched the finale. This season was legitimately good at times, and that is coming from someone who couldn't finish season 1.

I wonder if they'll bring it back for a 3rd.

I'm really glad they got rid of "Holy Chalupas." I watched the Bojack Horseman Christmas special last night, and the red haired kid's "Yowza bowza bo bowza!" thing reminded me of it

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Man, they lay on the product placement pretty thick in some of these episodes. Sometimes it can come off as just a joke about popular culture, but other times I'm fairly certain somebody cut them a check. Like the joke about Lyft being cheaper than Uber? Come on! haha

AlphaSnake

Man, they lay on the product placement pretty thick in some of these episodes. Sometimes it can come off as just a joke about popular culture, but other times I'm fairly certain somebody cut them a check. Like the joke about Lyft being cheaper than Uber? Come on! haha

It's meant to come off like that. There's a lot of that in the show, just look at Uncle Jesse breaking the 4th wall and DJ and Matt always hearing "oooooohs" when they kiss. There's a lot of meta humor and references.

Calamari41

41 > 38

I would forbid my kids from hanging out with Popco, just based on his wardrobe alone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom