• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fuller House Season 2 |OT| A Netflix Original Series

Status
Not open for further replies.

JLynn

Saw season two. Liked it. Noticed a few things.

1: A Warner Brothers produced show referencing directly referencing Disney properties especially Civil War.

2: The untimely shade thrown at YouTube. YTR has to be established for a good six months now.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
http://www.avclub.com/article/netflix-refuses-have-mercy-renews-fuller-house-thi-247749

For every bit of Fuller House news that’s broken, there’s been an attendant catchphrase from the original sitcom with which to sum up our reactions. “No way, Jose!” burst from Netflix subscribers’ lips upon hearing that the sequel series was in development, followed by a “how rude” in response to the production’s repeated attempts to lure Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen’s into taking the questionable nostalgia trip. Then, when Fuller House opened its doors, the Tanners’ underwhelming return elicited a “cut it out” from The A.V. Club’s Joshua Alston. After debuting a second treacly season of post-mourning cohabitation, we‘d hoped that Netflix would have mercy on us all—it is the holiday season—and just let sleeping Comets lie. But, just like that guest who brings an unwanted/inedible fruitcake to every holiday gathering, Netflix has decided to offer its viewers a third season of Fuller House.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I find it funny that people absolutely hate this show, considering how we live in an era where everything is repackaged 80s and 90s nostalgia now.

Miletius

the second I heard fernando's voice in season 1 I wondered if they'd shoehorn him into a Lucy parody, I'm glad I nailed it.

but seriously he's like fez and kelso combined, I think he's my favorite thing about this show

Agreed. Fernando is the best part of the show by far and he adds to the cast pretty significantly. I mean, Cosmo is good too but it's kind of a given considering he's a dog.

Overall I enjoyed the S2 quite a bit. It's kind of the perfect family holiday show, not too intense or drama filled and one that people can drop in/drop out of without feeling like they missed too much. Is it spectacular entertainment? Not really. Does it basically trade in on on nostalgia in order to get it's audience? Yeah, pretty much. But overall it's pretty much the easiest 30 minutes on Netflix right now. And Netflix needs shows like this -- not everything has to be dramatis incarnate.

I don't get it, the show is great I love how self aware and corny it all is. There really isnt anything else like it. It's light and fun and geniunly has some good laughs. The world is so grim dark and Fuller House is like an escape that I need.

I hope we get a bunch of seasons.

I remember hating Full House when I was a kid because it was too corny.

Now, I'm an adult and I love every minute of Fuller House.

Maybe my eventual children can enjoy Fullest House 20 years from now. Something tells me Ramona, Jackson, and Max won't be busy, and you know DJ's always down for a paycheck.

JaseMath

Let me be clear: This is not a good show. But..there's enough laugh out loud moments that I'll continue to watch because Fernando is awesome.

Pluto

I just started the Thanksgiving episode (taking it slow this time) and I'm about to meet Joey's family, I'm a bit scared but also curious if the kids are as bad as everyone says.

Edit: The kids are the worst and I'm not even halfway through the episode.

M_A_C

This show is goofy, cheesy, and camp... Just like the original... which is awesome! I really enjoy it and the nostalgia as someone who loved Full House as a kid.

Seriously what were critics expecting, duh.

Also, Jimmy Gibbler has some impressive abs.

CamEn20W4AEbW-1.jpg

theBmZ

This show and the original is and always has been bad. But the characters are great, and there is this likable charm about the show that is just infectious. It's escapism in it's purest form. Looking forward to the new season.

Soulfire

Looking forward to the newest season, despite that trailer. Really hope they resolve the love triangle, one of my most hated tropes. Clearly not Steve is the better choice and they're just teasing Steve along for the diehards.

netguy503

18. The first half will be released next week, the second half later.

Really? I hate that. So the story lines wont have a clear end because the season is cut in half? And 9 half hour shows seem like the shortest season at one time they have had so far. I'm going to watch that in a afternoon.

Season 3 Episode 9
Man, they went deep for the Nick Katsopoulos pull as the babysitter. Sounds like Grandma K kicked the bucket though :/

It kind of bugs me that Joey's kids never actually suffer consequences for their terrible behavior. Seems counter to the overall theme of the show.

mrkgoo

Season 3 Episode 9
Man, they went deep for the Nick Katsopoulos pull as the babysitter. Sounds like Grandma K kicked the bucket though :/

It kind of bugs me that Joey's kids never actually suffer consequences for their terrible behavior. Seems counter to the overall theme of the show.

Yeah regarding that latter bit seemed like the other kids SHOULD have been punished too.

Anyway, I binged the rest of this. I thought episodes 3-7 were on fire and laughs throughout.

It's weird. A lot of the show is really sugary sweet and lame, but I get the feeling they know it and embrace it as part of the history and nostalgia of the show.

Steve was the funniest part of season one because he was like that earnest loser haravtrt whichbibalways find endearing. He's. it as funny in season 3, but the other men are pretty damn funny. They even toned down the Kelso nature of jimmy.

Soulfire

I enjoyed most of the episodes, it was just the ones with the whole DJ/Steve/Other Dude that I disliked. I want that resolved, I hate love triangles. Can we just move on already.
I also kind of wished Stephanie said something about adoption. Becky has literally just adopted a little girl but she's all about Stephanie giving birth and doesn't even bring up the option.
Do we know when the next part of the season becomes available?

I've had two roommates move in with me since season 2 dropped, so me starting up season 3 is the first time they have been exposed to Fuller House. They immediately made me switch to something else. (At least The Good Place seems to be going over well with them!)

G0523

Steve seems to be hitting the gym, at least he looks buffer than he had.

Jimmy Gibler can be my baby daddy anytime.

Can't say I blame the actor who plays Steve. The guys on the show are downright delicious. Jimmy is the beefiest one and it helps that he always wears those tight shirts and short shorts.

I think the red headed kid that's Jackson's friend also played Colin Farrell's son in True Detective season 2.

He also plays one of Eddie's friends (the one that wore the Cleveland Browns jacket) on Fresh Off the Boat.

Fliesen

i like the show because it is aware of how shitty and how much of a cynical nostalgia grab it is.
Like, everyone's so obviously just in for the paycheck, and they're all amazed that they're already 3 seasons in. Nobody would have expected this to get renewed beyond season 1.

i like the show because it's great to hate on the "young sheldon" type kid.

i love the show because Kimmy Gibbler is one of the most lovable and genuine people ever to exist on TV and i will continue to support whatever format she is in.

Also, i loved how super obvious it was during episode 1 that Jodie Sweetin must have broken her leg.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom