• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Funko |OT| Once you Pop, the fun don't stop

jred2k

Someone decided to go all-in on the POP Vinyl.

Just like the Beanie Babies store. What could go wrong?

They said they got a shipment of around 1200 and well over half were going to pre-orders. They're one of the only retailers in Canada that does shipping so it probably looks worse than it is.

*laughs like a cartoon villain*

Mwahahahahaha

Your new job will make your collection boom and you'll be no further ahead!

*returns cartoon villain laugh*

I'm completely new to anything Funko, but I just got in the Book of Life Legacy Xibalba and intend on completing the BoL Legacy line at some point.

My question is how often does Funko announce/release extensions of lines? Only three of the five main characters have been made and I can't imagine them not doing the last two at some point.
I just want La Muerte in particular 'cause I found her design utterly stunning.

Your new job will make your collection boom and you'll be no further ahead!

*returns cartoon villain laugh*

BlakeShock.gif

You...you son of a bitch!

I'm completely new to anything Funko, but I just got in the Book of Life Legacy Xibalba and intend on completing the BoL Legacy line at some point.

My question is how often does Funko announce/release extensions of lines? Only three of the five main characters have been made and I can't imagine them not doing the last two at some point.
I just want La Muerte in particular 'cause I found her design utterly stunning.

There are four on store shelves presently. Manolo, Maria, Xibalba, and La Muerte.

Joaquin hasn't received as much of a marketing push as those four characters from what I've seen, so I wouldn't count on him getting a Pop.

They said they got a shipment of around 1200 and well over half were going to pre-orders. They're one of the only retailers in Canada that does shipping so it probably looks worse than it is.

oh man. If only people knew of the vast quality (and price) difference that Nendoroids offer.

Well I need Baymax now. Just the regular one, don't really care for the armored one. And of course I can't find it ANYWHERE. Is he even out yet?

Well I need Baymax now. Just the regular one, don't really care for the armored one. And of course I can't find it ANYWHERE. Is he even out yet?

I think so. You can always opt for the Glow-in-the-dark exclusive version from Amazon, or wait until next month for the Pearlescent variant exclusive from Entertainment Earth.

Replicant

Yes they are:

m71l6pi.png

But IIRC, Amazon didn't sell the armored one or didn't have it in stock so I had to order it from EB Games here.

y2dvd

These are all the ones I plan on getting.

Vegeta
Big Hero 6 - Fred
Big Hero 6 - Baymax (regular and armored)
Carl
Eve
Mickey Mouse
Wall-E
Ajani Goldmine
One of the many versions of Batman
Captain America
Dancing Groot
Groot
Rocket
Magneto
Chucky
Slimer
Gizmo
Predator
GOB
Tobias Funke
Walter White (underwear)
All the TMNT

I mean, I want many more but I'll try to get the ones listed one at a time. I'm ready to lose money!

jred2k

That motherfucker!

In other news, I gave away two of my Funkos to coworkers. VICTORY

Very charitable. Now you'll just have to re-buy those so you don't end up missing them. Maybe you should pick up three or four more while you're at the store anyways.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
That motherfucker!

In other news, I gave away two of my Funkos to coworkers. VICTORY

Congratulations Lee. Your coworkers are with us now. They just bought $300 worth of POP! figures each.

Now go buy 4 more to treat yourself. ;)

Jamie OD

I think the majority of presents I will give to friends and family this Christmas will be Funko figures. It's become too damn handy!

Chuckie

Just a random note to any WoW lovers..

If you buy the normal Illidan funkopop, you can re-paint him to look like the special release one from ComicCon.

If you look at them, you can actually see how they are almost the same thing.

I just bought the normal one, going to repaint him when I get him!

If I tried to repaint that, it would look like shit. So good luck! Sow us the results.

LaNaranja

I've managed so far to only get the Iron Patriot and Coulson figures but damn it the Big Hero 6 figures all look so awesome.

Very charitable. Now you'll just have to re-buy those so you don't end up missing them. Maybe you should pick up three or four more while you're at the store anyways.

I even wrote my initials on them. Driving down the value immediately!

Wait what, no I don't need anymore shut up man

Congratulations Lee. Your coworkers are with us now. They just bought $300 worth of POP! figures each.

Now go buy 4 more to treat yourself. ;)

...oh no. What have I done

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Both. They were $10 each on Amazon, so why not? Hope you guys got in on those deals when I posted them. ;)

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Lee pls

Lee

pls

I thought we had something special! ;_;

Just buy a couple more and all will be good! Don't forget to get Stitch too. ;)

One's coming in the Guardians of the Galaxy villains wave. Thanos, the Collector, Yondu, Ronan, and Nova are all going to be in it.

On one hand, I want Nova.

On the other, I've never read anything with Nova in it except the first issue of Abnett and Lanning's Guardians, so it feels hypocritical.

tm24

On one hand, I want Nova.

On the other, I've never read anything with Nova in it except the first issue of Abnett and Lanning's Guardians, so it feels hypocritical.

On one hand, Nova is awesome

On the other hand, you should use it to read Nova and experience the greatest space cop in all of comics. Yeah, i went there.

Salamando

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Man, if that Thanos gets the $10.99 price mistake...*drools*

You guys are always the first to know
after I buy mine in a trance
!

Top Bottom