• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Funko |OT| Once you Pop, the fun don't stop

Mitch

Banned
Just when I thought my Christmas/end of year spending spree was over...

Thinking about getting:
Bank Robber Joker
Masked Star Lord
Slimer
Silent Bob

Got an email from Amazon. They're now saying my Dancing Groot POP vinyl is estimated to arrive Tuesday, December 23rd. HHHHNNNNGGGGGGG

It's beginning to look a lot like Groot-mas.

HUELEN10

If you even remotely like Friendship Is Magic, you NEED to get the Two Sisters!
C3TyJUf.jpg

I wish I had a better camera and better lighting...

Vyer

Glad I signed up for that lootcrate.

Also, regular Baymax is pretty cool looking, we got ours from Amazon two days ago. My son is getting it in his Christmas stocking, he's gonna love it.

Glad I signed up for that lootcrate.

Also, regular Baymax is pretty cool looking, we got ours from Amazon two days ago. My son is getting it in his Christmas stocking, he's gonna love it.

Regular Baymax is so much better than the armored one.

Also, I found Sauron at a Barnes & Noble today.

Aiii

So not worth it
Managed to not get spoiled about the Lootcrate pop until December 21st, went better than I expected.

chris121580

Just when I thought I was done buying them for awhile, I go and watch Guardians of the Galaxy and this morning I buy the whole Funko Pop set of their characters including baby Groot haha

igotpaid

I regret ever discovering this thread. I got my first Funko Pop about 3 months ago at Dave and Buster's, only because I recognized them from this thread. It's been downhill ever since.

Dancing Groot should be here any day.

hskiOlwl.jpg

AsQba1Dl.jpg

Leependi

Have people been keeping up with the Funko's 12 Days of Christmas thing? Basically announcing a whole list of upcoming Pop figures for 2015.

Hanna Barbera series, The Flash, Arrow, Gotham, Saved by the Bell, Seinfeld, Friends, Skyrim, Borderlands, Fall Out, Evolve, Bioshock, The Evil WIthin, Aurora, Princess and the Frog, Tangled, Mulan, Catbug, Futurama, Family Guy, Once Upon a Time, Outlander, Monty Python, Doctor Who, Orange is the New Black, X-Files, 21 Jump Street, Inside Out, Talladega Nights, American Horror Story, Superbad, Fifth Element, Cars, The Strain, Munsters and Peanuts.

Then some Pop! Rides; LOLA from Agents of SHIELD, Deadpool Chimichanga truck, Breaking Bad RV and A-Team Van

So there goes all my money in 2015.

Have people been keeping up with the Funko's 12 Days of Christmas thing? Basically announcing a whole list of upcoming Pop figures for 2015.

Hanna Barbera series, The Flash, Arrow, Gotham, Saved by the Bell, Seinfeld, Friends, Skyrim, Borderlands, Fall Out, Evolve, Bioshock, The Evil WIthin, Aurora, Princess and the Frog, Tangled, Mulan, Catbug, Futurama, Family Guy, Once Upon a Time, Outlander, Monty Python, Doctor Who, Orange is the New Black, X-Files, 21 Jump Street, Inside Out, Talladega Nights, American Horror Story, Superbad, Fifth Element, Cars, The Strain, Munsters and Peanuts.

Then some Pop! Rides; LOLA from Agents of SHIELD, Deadpool Chimichanga truck, Breaking Bad RV and A-Team Van

so much money

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
How the hell do they secure all these licenses???? I just do not understand how this is possible. The amount of money needed to create the likenesses to all these characters must be astronomical.

LycanXIII

Borderlands and Doctor Who for me!

I bought huggable Baymax and got Hiro from DMR, and I'm likely going to jump on getting battle Baymax and GoGo.

God help me.

How the hell do they secure all these licenses???? I just do not understand how this is possible. The amount of money needed to create the likenesses to all these characters must be astronomical.

They...sell a -lot- of these. They also have a ton of retail space now in Barnes and Noble/Hot Topic and such. They got Disney, and the rest kinda followed

Movement

Is anyone here interested in buying some of my pops? I have the Loot crate joker batman (20), starlord, gamora, the crow, suki Stackhouse, and max from where the wild things are, chucky, fiona and her mom from ahs covenant. 8 shipped or 3 for 20.

tm24

A lot of these licenses are also a one-off thing, so theyre cheaper than you think. Also, still pissed that Thanos is supersized. Ruins my Dc vs Marvel diorama

U2NUMB

I feel so dirty selling my collection on ebay that I have been building for years... but based on going by low averages of them selling I am looking at a TON of money.. I can not believe how crazy the feeding frenzy is right now.

First time selling on ebay.. hope it goes well.. so far so good.

Tabby

Borderlands, Flash, Arrow, Skyrim, Friends and more.
Oh my god please. I'm going to have no money.

FaintDeftone

A couple weeks ago I bought several of these for myself and as Christmas gifts. I bought an Edward Assassin's Creed IV and God of War Kratos figure for myself and another Edward and a Plants Vs. Zombie's zombie for friends. They're pretty fun to buy.

Zombine

Banned
I think that Dancing Groot is hands down the smallest pop figure I own. It might even be smaller than the Trick R Treat Sam vinyl.

cruets

I feel so dirty selling my collection on ebay that I have been building for years... but based on going by low averages of them selling I am looking at a TON of money.. I can not believe how crazy the feeding frenzy is right now.

First time selling on ebay.. hope it goes well.. so far so good.

Get out while the gettings hot. Smart man

U2NUMB

Get out while the gettings hot. Smart man

Yep.. just felt like it was time. I loved collecting from 2010 to 2013 when it was easy to grab most of them. Funko is going nuts these days and it is impossible to even come close to buying what I want so it is time.

Based on many searches if I am on the LOW side my collection should be worth around
, although it will be a ton of work..

For instance.. I have 3 of these.. and I got them for 19 bucks each..
I mean.. holy crap

You new collectors be crazy!!!

Top Bottom