• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Funko |OT| Once you Pop, the fun don't stop

Bii

Yep.. just felt like it was time. I loved collecting from 2010 to 2013 when it was easy to grab most of them. Funko is going nuts these days and it is impossible to even come close to buying what I want so it is time.

Based on many searches if I am on the LOW side my collection should be worth around
, although it will be a ton of work..

For instance.. I have 3 of these.. and I got them for 19 bucks each..
I mean.. holy crap

You new collectors be crazy!!!

Well, shit. My first year going to SDCC and I remember seeing that Pop of Captain America but didn't bother to pick it up because I didn't see the appeal of Funkos back then. :/

That's my limit as well, and even then I feel really guilty about it. Only done it once though.

I buy the ones I think look neat, but only for list price. I wouldn't say I really collect them. I collect comic statues and waifu figures from Japan. As figures go, Funko has some seriously shitty quality control.

I buy the ones I think look neat, but only for list price. I wouldn't say I really collect them. I collect comic statues and waifu figures from Japan. As figures go, Funko has some seriously shitty quality control.

They do, I've only bought the ones related to comic characters that I really like...a lot of Batman stuff. And Macho Man.

Statues are too intimidating (and expensive) to start collecting.

They do, I've only bought the ones related to comic characters that I really like...a lot of Batman stuff. And Macho Man.

Statues are too intimidating (and expensive) to start collecting.

There are plenty of different price-points, though. PVC figures tend to be under $100 in most cases (though prices have been going up as of late). Cold-cast porcelain like the ones DC Direct puts out tend to hover around $70-$125 depending on where you shop, and then you have the high-end Hot Toys and Sideshow type statues that can range anywhere between $200-$800, depending. Kotobukiya also has a line of fine art Marvel statues in the $200 price range.

I know it can be intimidating, but no one is suggesting you buy three per month or anything. Collections of such things are built over time, not in six months.

There are plenty of different price-points, though. PVC figures tend to be under $100 in most cases (though prices have been going up as of late). Cold-cast porcelain like the ones DC Direct puts out tend to hover around $70-$125 depending on where you shop, and then you have the high-end Hot Toys and Sideshow type statues that can range anywhere between $200-$800, depending. Kotobukiya also has a line of fine art Marvel statues in the $200 price range.

I know it can be intimidating, but no one is suggesting you buy three per month or anything. Collections of such things are built over time, not in six months.
I did just buy the Artfx new 52 Batman from Kotobukuya the other day, it's obviously low end, but it looks neat. I want to get Damian too. I like the Batman black and white ones look neat too. I'd be more discerning as prices go up though. I'll have to look into these more.

Mitch

Banned
Anyone know of shops in the Houston, TX area that sells a variety of these?

I've been to 8th Dimension Comics, and their selection is rather small.

Barnes and Noble/Hot Topic seem to be making huge in-roads in terms of shelf space for these.

So in the Christmas season, I got;
Hiro from Big Hero 6
Huggable Baymax
Combat Baymax
Splinter

I'M DOOMED

B-Dex

So I got Mayor, Oogie Boogie, Zero and Day of the dead Sally. As well as michaelangelo from TMNT. Just need Santa jack and dotd jack to have all the nightmare b4 Xmas pops.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Merry Christmas, FunkoGAF! Thanks for sticking around in my little ol' thread. :)

Here's my Christmas haul! Can you guess where I shopped at that had BOGO50% off the entire store? Hint: it may have something to do with Hot Topic.

• Hot Topic exclusive Gold Metallic Smaug
  • Hot Topic exclusive Metallic B-MO
  • Hot Topic exclusive Disappearing Cheshire Cat
  • Invisible Bilbo
  • Sauron
  • Phil Coulson
  • Dancing Groot
  • Bizarro
  • Star Wars Hammerhead

Vyer

Bedrock comics on the south side had a pretty nice selection. Don't know how their other locations are, but usually they are larger anyway so you'd probably be in good shape.

Mitch

Banned
Barnes and Noble/Hot Topic seem to be making huge in-roads in terms of shelf space for these.

So in the Christmas season, I got;
Hiro from Big Hero 6
Huggable Baymax
Combat Baymax
Splinter

I'M DOOMED

Bedrock comics on the south side had a pretty nice selection. Don't know how their other locations are, but usually they are larger anyway so you'd probably be in good shape.
Thanks for the info. The last time I went to Bedrock was around the time DC's New 52 came out. Been a while. I think I'll head over there this weekend. I'll hit up Hot Topic next Thursday.

Dominator

Got my brother a Clay Matthews NFL figure for Christmas, and he told me he ordered one for me and I have no clue what it is. Gonna guess Heisenberg, and I'll update this post with what is is when I get it lol

Movement

I cannot wait for the futurama line, they will look perfect. I've narrowed my collection to mostly game of Thrones and scifi. I have all but two of the game of Thrones pops.

kaskade

So my GF bought me a Batman one of these for Christmas. She said that she got a dark knight version first but the paint was really bad on it. Looks like I'm going to have a bunch of these things. Like I really need another thing to spend my money on.

Dragoshi1

I don't even know how I flubbed his name, ha.

But yeah, I like him especially, next to Deathwing and Smaug, he is my 3rd large Pop.

How the hell do they secure all these licenses???? I just do not understand how this is possible. The amount of money needed to create the likenesses to all these characters must be astronomical.

ppl like to nuthug and things snowball. . . once companies see they got Disney in on the act they stopped upturning their noses thinking they're above it and started to become very open to their I.P's getting a funko.

Guzim

Last week I bought The Bride of Frankenstein and the Creature from the Black Lagoon. For Christmas, I got Arkham Asylum Batman, Batman Beyond, and Agent Coulson. I now have 30.

Oh my.

Blues1990

I wished there were more Vinyl Pop figurines that are based off of a successful video game franchise, as I would LOVE a Dr. Wily & Dr. Light pop toys.

wetwired

Ordered my first funko vehicles, ecto-1 and 66 batmobile. I was disappointed to find out the wheels don't move though. Has anyone modded any to make them roll?

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
I would kill for The Wolf Among Us Funko Pop.

image.php

With the bajillion licenses Funko has next year, it wouldn't surprise me if they got a ton of video game ones as well.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
OH MAN, I CAN'T THANK YOU ENOUGH! I was just gonna post my recent dancing groot and my collection so far. Good thing I stumbled upon it!

B6NKROsIMAAqfFT.jpg:large

AW YISS. Stick to FunkoGAF because I always post the best deals for you guys. ;D

Top Bottom