• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Funko |OT| Once you Pop, the fun don't stop

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Apologies for not doing my usual image update for my Christmas haul! Time to make amends.

Hot Topic Exclusives
dat BOGO50% off though
Gold Smaug
HNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNG
Bizarro (Early release)
Metallic B-MO
Disappearing Cheshire Cat
WL17mwM.jpg
qSfFaxW.jpg
FrF2yM6.jpg

zRLm9JV.jpg
xkUZSsu.jpg
OkWbA1u.jpg

POP!s A-Plenty
Dancing Groot
Phil Coulson
Hammerhead (Star Wars)
Sauron
Invisible Bilbo
Jim Raynor (Starcraft)

As I was taking these pictures, this little cutie arrived!
Remember how ugly those promo shots were? Rest assured, this Sackboy is fantastic. The packaging alone should sell you on it!

It really annoys me that the Star Wars pops have the base on them. I so want to get a Vader one but it just won't go with the others I have.

wetwired

It really annoys me that the Star Wars pops have the base on them. I so want to get a Vader one but it just won't go with the others I have.
I've asked this before but I never got a response. But what's the reason he for that? I assume it's to avoid being classified as a figure to avoid conflicts with other toy makers contracts? That is has to be defined as a statue or something

Ashhong

Got my girlfriend the dancing groot and a baymax for myself. I thought I was getting the glow in the dark baymax so a little sad when I realized it's just the regular pearlescent one...

I've asked this before but I never got a response. But what's the reason he for that? I assume it's to avoid being classified as a figure to avoid conflicts with other toy makers contracts? That is has to be defined as a statue or something

Yeah you're probably right. That sucks though. One day I'll just bite the bullet and grab Vader though.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member

You know you can take the base off, right? At least Hammerhead comes off--not sure about the rest.

There is also a Storm Trooper Nendoroid coming soon, right? Knowing Good Smile, it's probably a cute doughy eyed man (or a cute doughy eyed woman) under the helmet.

Yeah, Stormtrooper is coming as well. I expect more to come as the Star Wars hype machine ramps up. A Nendo Chewbacca would be amazing, therefore it must happen.

Aiii

So not worth it
I caved and ordered a Dancing Groot, the flesh is weak.
So is my financial status from wasting all this money on pops, dammit Bronson!

Vyer

Yeah, it's probably similar to LEGO licensing so we get keychains

Aiii

So not worth it
Lootcrate and Nerdblock subscriber? :p

Got both, my Joker themed Batman is still in his box on top of my shelf and the exclusive regular Batman sits atop of my PS4.

Just Lootcrate. The regular Batman is just a regular Funko Pop Heroes #01 (New 52 Batman) I'm afraid, nothing special.

U2NUMB

My word you new collectors are crazy... just sold Green Arrow (Which I bought for $3.75 on clearance from Target 2 years ago) for $227

Seriously.. just stop some of you lol

My word you new collectors are crazy... just sold Green Arrow (Which I bought for $3.75 on clearance from Target 2 years ago) for $227

Seriously.. just stop some of you lol

The good news for Green Arrow fans is that Funko is apparently developing Arrow Pops. You sold that Pop at the right time, methinks.

U2NUMB

The good news for Green Arrow fans is that Funko is apparently developing Arrow Pops. You sold that Pop at the right time, methinks.

As much as I love my collection.. selling now is the right thing to do... I am blown away at what people are paying and while it is super sad seeing some of my favorites go out the door the market is a feeding frenzy right now. So anyone that has some pops they have had for a while check prices.

I believe I have sold about 15 of my collection and I am north of 2k, and I have been super fair with my pricing compared to the open market.... Again.. some of you.. just stop!!

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
As much as I love my collection.. selling now is the right thing to do... I am blown away at what people are paying and while it is super sad seeing some of my favorites go out the door the market is a feeding frenzy right now. So anyone that has some pops they have had for a while check prices.

I believe I have sold about 15 of my collection and I am north of 2k, and I have been super fair with my pricing compared to the open market.... Again.. some of you.. just stop!!

There's a very easy way to make it stop. Sell them all to me, your FunkoGAF overlord, for $10 with free shipping. BronsonLee can get his pick too.

No harm in selling things that sit around all day. I personally wouldn't ever sell my POP!s except for rare chases. :)

Started collecting these for my wife just before Christmas and already have a nice little collection going. Since this picture was taken we also picked up Brienne from GoT.

Its really easy to get carried away with these since they are relatively cheap at £10 but since we hardly have enough room as it is for more figures, plus we have noticed a couple have some iffy paint jobs on them we have decided to stop and only collect ones we really want.

U2NUMB

, plus we have noticed a couple have some iffy paint jobs on them we have decided to stop and only collect ones we really want.

Brian (owner of Funko) has commented before on this and said.. hey they are 9 dollar Vinyl figures.. if you want perfect paint jobs be ready to pay much more.

So kinda is what it is and in my opinion helps with the charm.. I was of course an inbox collector so it never bugged me but I understand why some people are bugged by bad paint jobs.

I picked up an Elvis Stitch for my sister and a Rocket Raccoon for myself today.

I really need to get one of those shelf steps things one of these days. The boxes aren't cutting it as substitutes any more.

Hi FunkoGAF!

I've always wanted to start a collection of these.

Soooo last night, I kinda got drunk and bought waaaayyyyyyyy too many of these as a sort of bday present to myself.

I have the entire GoT collection coming, a few Marvel ones and the SDCC 2014 exclusive metallic TMNT figures. I'm super excited! I'll share pictures when they all come in.

Hi FunkoGAF!

Soooo last night, I kinda got drunk and bought waaaayyyyyyyy too many of these as a sort of bday present to myself.

I have the entire GoT collection coming, a few Marvel ones and the SDCC 2014 exclusive metallic TMNT figures. I'm super excited! I'll share pictures when they all come in.
Happy birthday!

Happy birthday!

Thank you very much!

Here are some pics of a few choice highlights from my soon to be collection (Large pic warning):

Game of Thrones Collection:

$_57.JPG

TMNT San Diego Comic Con Metallic Variant Collection:

$_57.JPG

Hannibal Lecter San Diego Comic Con Blood Splatter Variant:

$_57.JPG

I also got:

-Flocked Rocket Raccoon
-Breaking Bad Walter and Jessie green hazmat variant set
-Kill Bill GoGo Yubari Bloody Eyes variant

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Hi FunkoGAF!

Welcome! You've made a wise decision.

capawe

Neo Member
Welp, it's been 2 months and my Green Arrow that I bought on ebay hasn't arrived, I kind of expected that to happen since I won the auction for only $20. The guy said he sent it and I believed him, not really angry more disappointed since I am a Green Arrow fan and I was so happy to win it. Really hate being a DC collector.

On a more cheerful topic, I finally found an unmasked Captain America, I don't really collect Marvel but I like the way this one looked and I missed out when he was available via Popcultcha so I am happy about that.

I've been checking prices the past few days and I think now is the time for me to unload my non-Marvel collection. I can't believe what some of the ones I have are selling for - Glow Reverse Flash, Metallic versions of Shazam, Green Arrow, Hawkman and Aquaman. Even stuff like Ace Ventura has increased a bunch.

Does anyone have any tips on the best way to pack them? I have never shipped a Pop and I know how particular people are about their boxes.

Top Bottom