• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Funko |OT| Once you Pop, the fun don't stop

Shauni

So, don't really follow these all that much, but do they have waves of certain figures granting they sell well? Or do they generally do a set amount of figures for one series? I ask mainly because I recently got a Goku one, and a Adventure Time one of Jake morphed into BMO. Was curious if there was a possibility of more characters coming out for those series at all.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
So, don't really follow these all that much, but do they have waves of certain figures granting they sell well? Or do they generally do a set amount of figures for one series? I ask mainly because I recently got a Goku one, and a Adventure Time one of Jake morphed into BMO. Was curious if there was a possibility of more characters coming out for those series at all.

Shauni Shauni Shauni. If you thought the large amount of amiibo waves were bad...well, let's just say there's more than enough POP! for each series. They're constantly releasing more as well.

Shauni

Lol, yeah, I know POP is straight up nuts with the amount of figures they have released. Was mostly curious if it was possible there would be more characters for those shows potentially.

Slacka

Well that was a pretty big surprise...

Got home today to find this month's Pop! in a box had arrived, and that they had sent me the Delorian Rides! this month. Really wasn't expecting one of those to ever come from this mystery box service since they are normally so much more expensive than the monthly subscription price, I had just assumed that being able to add them to your wish list on the site was purely for show so have to say I am really pleased with this turning up.

zb6lyum.jpg

NoRéN

Lots of resellers at Hot Topic when I went. Luckily they had lots of all the funkos and was able to get what I wanted.

Also got a glowing vault boy hot topic exclusive.

oc

peanutbutterchocolate
Picked up Sadness, C3PO, Frieza, Rocket Raccoon w/ Groot and Deadpool all at Hot Topic. Managed to get the black Ant-Man at B&N. Ordered unmasked Flash from Toys R US and the baymax + olaf exclusives on Amazon.

wallet hurts rn

rjinaz

NoRéN;171413017 said:
Lots of resellers at Hot Topic when I went. Luckily they had lots of all the funkos and was able to get what I wanted.

Also got a glowing vault boy hot topic exclusive.

Just got one myself. Cool looking little guy in the dark. Unfortunately I have to wait another month for the rest of the Fallout series since I'm going through Amazon.

NoRéN

Just got one myself. Cool looking little guy in the dark. Unfortunately I have to wait another month for the rest of the Fallout series since I'm going through Amazon.
I really hope there's no other exclusives. Also, I wish that instead of a store exclusive variant they have just called it "irradiated vault boy".

rjinaz

NoRéN;171422072 said:
I really hope there's no other exclusives. Also, I wish that instead of a store exclusive variant they have just called it "irradiated vault boy".

That would have made a lot of sense actually. If there are more exclusives I probably won't buy them honestly.

NoRéN

That would have made a lot of sense actually. If there are more exclusives I probably won't buy them honestly.
Exclusive variants, damn them all!

I hope I can somehow get one of the B&N daleks. Couldn't get one online but I did get the 4th doctor variant.

Also, I was surprised at the 3 of each kind limit at hot topic today. I would have thought it would be one of each per customer or something.

Mr. Robot

Went to hot topic 20 minutes after they opened and got Gold Frieza, Metal C-3PO, Castiel, 11th Doctor with handles, and Rocket with Groot, wanted to get the blue heisenberg but they said that some guy came with his daughters and got them all

I actually bought them for trade since im interested in blackout ant-man and unmasked captain america, but there isn't a barnes n noble in my town, i'll just keep rocket and gold frieza, but i got an extra one for trade.

Aiii

So not worth it
I'm glad I just see Pop's as a fun cheap thing to display. People crawling over each other to get certain exclusives that hardly even make sense is alien to me.

Blue Heisenberg? Why, that makes no sense to me, it's nothing. E-3PO? Again, why? I get metallic golden C-3PO, but something that isn't even a thing? Mweh, don't want it.

I'd much rather buy a standard pop based on a character I love than a variant of that character that doesn't even technically exist.

This years SDCC exclusives are ridiculous though, there's so many of them. I guess we're getting very close to the Pop! Bubble exploding now. I bet even some people that scalp these exclusives are gonna be very disappointed at the profits from this year's SDCC stuff already.

Blue Heisenberg? Why, that makes no sense to me, it's nothing.

This really surprises me if you've watched the show. You don't see any connection between a crystal blue Heisenberg, and Heisenberg selling blue crystal meth?

It's a blue crystal meth Heisenberg. It's like the perfect variant.

Aiii

So not worth it
This really surprises me if you've watched the show. You don't see any connection between a crystal blue Heisenberg, and Heisenberg selling blue crystal meth?

It's a blue crystal meth Heisenberg. It's like the perfect variant.

Because of that one episode where he and Jesse spend 45 minutes building a life-sized Heisenberg out of crystal meth?

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Ordered the Daredevil funko from Forbidden Planet since delivery is now free and PITB have took the piss with that and my Arrow preorders.

I went to one of my local comic book shops today. With no exaggeration they had complete a wall lined floor to ceiling with these. As the line grows I can see them encroaching on other walls and aisles. I find the trend of uniformity troubling.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Forbidden Planet has all the SDCC funkos up. Free UK delivery too.

Unmasked Captain America ordered for £15

Top Bottom