• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Funko |OT| Once you Pop, the fun don't stop

hydruxo

They picked some really boring items for the first Disney box. You'd think they'd go with some more well known characters to get it going with lots of subs.

SeanC

http://www.hottopic.com/product/funko-stranger-things-pop-television-upside-down-eleven-barb-vinyl-figure-set-2017-spring-convention-exclusive/10851245.html

ECCC Stranger Things Upside Down Eleven & Barb 2-pack just went back up on the Hot Topic store if anybody still needs it

And the WW2 Captain America keeps flickering so it'll probably be up again

I'm stopping in to my Hot Topic tomorrow and likely pick Cap and Stranger Things up. They always get a good stock. They had NYCC stuff for weeks.

I'm stopping in to my Hot Topic tomorrow and likely pick Cap and Stranger Things up. They always get a good stock. They had NYCC stuff for weeks.

Good luck man, because Cap has been selling out everywhere instantly. Each person can buy up to five for some reason.

hydruxo

Good luck man, because Cap has been selling out everywhere instantly. Each person can buy up to five for some reason.

Yeah I had to work yesterday morning when they came out, and when I called them at noon (two hours after HT opens) they were already sold out of the two pack. They said they only got 8 of them in. Not sure about the Cap, but probably a similar amount. HT don't seem to care if people get left out as long as the stock is being sold.

SeanC

I'm going to stay on the Cap page in case it gets a restock at some point. It's the only ECCC I was wanting, but I'm not a die-hard Cap fan, I just love that suit.

Got the Boss Gift from Smuggler's Bounty today. I have no doubt it'll be going for a pretty penny on Ebay (already is apparently), but I'm also not sure how much I like or don't like it.

The Superman LOC contents leaked out. Super lackluster.
The Pop itself looks fine, but it's like...really? Of all the things you could have done from all the various parts of Superman history (Superman Prime, Red/Blue, Black Suit, Cyborg, etc.) you do...that? The Reaction figure looks shit, and the shirt is Pop themed one that I don't think anyone likes. The patch and pin are okay, and the keychain is...okay?

I really hope the WW box is more inventive than this. Very disappointed in this box.

http://imgur.com/zihluaD

Zero315

Banned
Looney Tunes Dorbz and Captain Underpants Pops coming soon:

C6aT6bbU4AEiL15.jpg

C6aT89JUsAAFFnR.jpg

The Looney Tunes Dorbz actually look pretty good.

Got tired of looking and coming up empty handed so I turned to ebay for a Walgreens John Stewart and a chase Green Lantern Dorbz. Actually managed to get both for pretty decent prices.

Still waiting on Toys R Us to put up the Green Arrow Dorbz...

I've been looking for the Kingdom Hearts Pops and I have most of them already. Still waiting for regular Mickey and Goofy to release. Not looking forward to try and chase down the Walmart exclusive Pete.

Got tired of looking and coming up empty handed so I turned to ebay for a Walgreens John Stewart and a chase Green Lantern Dorbz. Actually managed to get both for pretty decent prices.

I can't believe they still haven't released a trailer for Captain Underpants. It's coming out in three months.

zeemumu

Deputy Doodoo and Super Daiper Baby or I riot

Zero315

Banned
The Superman LOC contents leaked out. Super lackluster.
The Pop itself looks fine, but it's like...really? Of all the things you could have done from all the various parts of Superman history (Superman Prime, Red/Blue, Black Suit, Cyborg, etc.) you do...that? The Reaction figure looks shit, and the shirt is Pop themed one that I don't think anyone likes. The patch and pin are okay, and the keychain is...okay?

I really hope the WW box is more inventive than this. Very disappointed in this box.

http://imgur.com/zihluaD

I actually kinda like the shirt, but... yeah.
Really disappointed that they're still putting in the Reaction shit, guess all the complaints from last year fell on deaf ears. The Pop is fine, and so is the pocket pop but it's all basically the same. No variation at all. Is LOC the only box that's gotten the Reaction bullshit? This is like, what, the third or fourth box out of seven that's had it?

LycanXIII

I actually kinda like the shirt, but... yeah.
Really disappointed that they're still putting in the Reaction shit, guess all the complaints from last year fell on deaf ears. The Pop is fine, and so is the pocket pop but it's all basically the same. No variation at all. Is LOC the only box that's gotten the Reaction bullshit? This is like, what, the third or fourth box out of seven that's had it?

Third box to have one in it.

Joker/Harley in the SS Box
Wonder Woman with Invis Jet in Women of DC

Smuggler's Bounty offer's the best value if you want just Pops, 5 out of 8 have had two Pops in them, and Empire Strikes Back had the new Pop Deluxe line debut.

Smuggler's Bounty offer's the best value if you want just Pops, 5 out of 8 have had two Pops in them, and Empire Strikes Back had the new Pop Deluxe line debut.
But no comic book. :-(

Zero315

Banned

Yeah, I don't really care about the Star Wars line though. I think the only SW Pop that I have is the thumbs up BB-8. I did almost subscribe for the ESB box because that Pop Deluxe was badass. Smuggler's Bounty was also home to one of the worst Pops I've ever seen though, the Jabba's Skiff R2D2.

I just got the LoC year 1 subscribers gift and it is hilarious. I totally called that it was gonna be a
Batman statue. It feels cheap and looks like a goddamn Oscar, but in order to make it not feel cheap funko just put a big ass loose weight in the base. If you move it around you can actually hear the weight hitting the sides of the base.

Mett

Yeah, I don't really care about the Star Wars line though. I think the only SW Pop that I have is the thumbs up BB-8. I did almost subscribe for the ESB box because that Pop Deluxe was badass. Smuggler's Bounty was also home to one of the worst Pops I've ever seen though, the Jabba's Skiff R2D2.

I agree on the R2D2 pop, not sure how much I complain as I did get that box for free though.

That's the only chase I want haha. I'm going to end up just paying $60 for it on ebay probably. Never had any luck finding chases in the wild.

Ever since they made them 1 in 6 I've ran across a couple. Don't give up hope. even if you find one you don't want you can always find someone for a trade

Zero315

Banned
Toys R Us finally put up the ECCC Green Arrow/Black Canary Dorbz this morning. Managed to snag one before they sold out, thankfully.

hydruxo

Ever since they made them 1 in 6 I've ran across a couple. Don't give up hope. even if you find one you don't want you can always find someone for a trade

Only way I'll find one is if I'm not actively looking for one and stumble upon one in a store. The issue is that some employees at Gamestop/Hot Topic/FYE just place them aside for themselves or friends before they even hit shelves.

Yeah, if the Wonder Woman LOC box isn't better I probably will drop my sub. The Pop is mostly good (though the Superman one is super disappointing) but there's just too much subpar stuff, and it's getting hard to sell off stuff from them anymore it seems. They need to improve.

I'm never going to find that black and white Harley rock candy. I just want one in the new 52 outfit and I've missed all 3 color variations

I'm never going to find that black and white Harley rock candy. I just want one in the new 52 outfit and I've missed all 3 color variations

Keep the site open and check back often. In my experience the exclusives come back in stock often but with low amounts. For the first few weeks anyway.

Top Bottom