• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Furry-GAF

Uchip

Banned
Maybe not so much the goat part.

you have an interesting internet
im going to change the subject (partially)

ibvgduKXnUiBk7.jpg

Jessicat

Whoo, I [finally] got my account on neoGAF! I was on my way to the SMT thread but saw this one and decided to check it out [yes, all 50-something pages of it]. Good job on having it last so long without being locked, lol.

Okay, obligatory questionnaire time:

So...how did you become a furry?
Uh. For me, I think it's one of those things that just happened? XD I mean I'm not really a "serious" furry, I just casually follow it, kinda mingles in with my anime/video game interests I suppose [I hardly ever watch anime these days though ._.]

What is your fursona?
A [non-anthro] cat in a dragon costume. See HERE or my avatar.

How do you feel about this Vanity Fair article: Pleasures of the Fur
...Hugely outdated, and a little creepy, but kind of expected for the most outgoing of the furry bunch. Also as a kid I always wanted a tail, so I can sorta identify with that Ostrich dude XD

Are you a plushie?
Nope, though I do like plush toys/animals [but not to the point where I can't see my bedroom floor o_O]

Now, does being a furry free up your sexual identity? Does gender matter as much as the fursuit?
I don't think I *have* a sexual identity, rofl. Suit-gender doesn't matter, but as a gender minority, if I did have a suit, I'd prefer it to be the realistic type/style that don't look huggable [or prominently female] ;>>

How often do you wash your fursuit?
I don't have one D: But ideally it should at least be spot cleaned and refreshed after every time it's worn ;>>

Was it StarFox, Super Mario Bros. 3 or Disney's Robin Hood that was the main thrust in your furry awakening?
Actually? None of the above, though I saw Robin Hood first of those three as a kid XD It might have been Pokemon, but honestly I've always liked animals [in a non-sexual way, obviously ;>>], and I grew up with cats [see also: my username :3] I do remember the first animated dragon I ever saw was Maleficent...was sad when she got offed :/

Off base, but what fighting games does everyone play, anyway? Since Tekken was brought up and all.
...Why hasn't anyone said Bloody Roar yet? Isn't that the staple "furry" fighting game? XD
c_long_b.jpg

^I like his human form too X3

Soul Calibur is fun, but I've found I only like the single player mode [I don't really play fighting games other than these two series ^^;]
Also, who mentioned Satyrs? :p I made one in the SCV Character Creator:
Kinda lame that the fur only covers part of the legs when they can't wear any "pants level" items with it equipped :/ I think he's my only "original" custom creation ^^; However I'm not that obnoxious person that makes final fantasy characters XD

So yea, this should be a fun thread to follow, nice to meet you all :3

Jessicat

CHEEZMO™;39877298 said:
oh hello jessi
hi!
...I don't know you do I? o_O

the cat in the dragon costume is adorable
I like you
Thanks! [I didn't draw it though ^^;]
I've unintentionally derailed forum topics with this avatar's cuteness XD And I got this one to replace my other one because that one was an outdated design [...which also had the same effect]:
Jessicat_Fin.png

...sorry, I'll go find some real art to share. pics = links
Wow I just realized I don't have a lot of exciting stuff saved on my comp right now, sorry folks ;>> I hope you're all okay with the not-so-furry furry art ^^;

Nah, not at all.

It's been some time since someone answered the OP questions though, lol

Also, that is a cute design (cat in dragon costume) :)

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Jessicat: You don't really have to worry about meeting expectations as this is a coopted thread to begin with. Just keep all art clean, really.

Also, what's wrong with making Final Fantasy characters in Soul Calibur? If it works, it works. I once made a pretty good Arngrim and Aelia from Valkyrie Profile.

At least the characters came from a excellent game.

I should really look into SC5, given how much time I put into 4. I used to play a ton of 2 on GameCube with my friends - it was our second go-to game after Melee. I was an Ivy player then (whip swords are cool). One of my favorite characters, because reasons.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
SCV is pretty good but I decided to main Tira when Shining Decopon was in Japan making her look broken as hell. She got nerfed horribly semingly without reason and it made me stop playing for a while. Now I have VF5FS, though, so I dunno if I'll ever get back to it much.

Top Bottom