• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Furry-GAF

It's a mystery :p

New page:
damnevildog said:
l0z2b.jpg
DeanII said:
Nimrais said:

Uchip

Banned
well
the word has more negative connotation than anything
its like being called a sonic fan

I can see why he would not want that label

FoxSpirit

Can someone produce art that sexual and not consider their self a "furry"?
Yes.
Because the furry includes stuff like fursonas and fursuits and a lot of stuff most people who draw furry art have no connection to. As do many fans.
It's gotten better in recent years but the monicker always carries something coocoo with it.
When furry art is just one of the many artstyles you are interested in.

Heck, I grew up without knowing the term, me and friends loved watching HpyerPolice from bad quality fansubs (divx was still brand new). Good times in that regard.

Songbird

Prodigal Son
I guess you can make tons and tons of money through furry commissions if you're a talented artist and still not like the stuff. Just like working in comic books!

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
yeah, if you don't mind smut (albeit I've seen commissions who aren't also smutty), you can earn lots o' cash by doing furry stuff.

Songbird

Prodigal Son
Wasn't applying it to that artist in particular. I just remember reading about some living very comfortably off commissions and in some cases hating it. No idea if their lack of interest would show in the work, however.

FoxSpirit

gaming isnt widely known as a lifestyle and fetish

Going by general attitudes of gamers, yes it is.
Good, good. Ookami knows what's up ;-)

But seriously, that's why I would never say I am a gamer but rather "I play videogames quite a bit". Labels can unfortunately be very confining to other people's minds. Of course, I could also say I'm a Furry-Buddhist-Gamer-Humanist-Philantrope-Physicist-Philosopher-Martial Arts-Hiking European but I think that would go even worse :p

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
I'm gay. If I draw cheesecake of a woman with huge boobs and come hither expression, it doesn't make me straight.

Extollere

Sucks at poetry
Holy hell, I had no idea this thread existed. Makes me wonder how many seconds a thread based on my own fetishes would last before being shut-down, erased, and perma-banned.

Anyways... I accidentally fell into #EFF, help I can't get out D: it's because you people are too nice!

Top Bottom