• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FurryGAF |OT| They should have sent a veterinarian

Chuck

Still without luck
How.. does a conversation like that just pop up with a co-worker?
So what happened was some coworkers were talking about bronies so I decided to chime in. I then asked the other brony defender if he was one and he actually just said "no I'm actually a furry"

I was all O_O

Hop

That girl in the bunny hat
So what happened was some coworkers were talking about bronies so I decided to chime in. I then asked the other brony defender if he was one and he actually just said "no I'm actually a furry"

I was all O_O

I would then ask "how do you get on the subject of bronies" but one of the sysadmins at my job is a pretty overt brony so I guess it's not too surprising on the whole.

But sheesh, the furry thing didn't even come up when I wore my ears and tail for Halloween. Figured one of my snarkier coworkers would've said something, instead I got compliments on the tail. o_o

Hedge

I would then ask "how do you get on the subject of bronies" but one of the sysadmins at my job is a pretty overt brony so I guess it's not too surprising on the whole.

But sheesh, the furry thing didn't even come up when I wore my ears and tail for Halloween. Figured one of my snarkier coworkers would've said something, instead I got compliments on the tail. o_o

"Heeeeey there.. nice tail"

giphy.gif

Chuck

Still without luck
But yeah, after the initial eye bulge, I followed it up with a "really?" then a "really really??"

Then I asked him what kind of furry he was, fursuiter or art enthusiast or whatever, and he said both and that he's worn some suits. That's when I told him I was one but mostly on the art side.

Guess sometimes you could say that there are surprises everywhere. Sometimes you just get unexpected things from the least expected of places.

I wonder when it'll be my turn to say that?

Guess sometimes you could say that there are surprises everywhere. Sometimes you just get unexpected things from the least expected of places.

I wonder when it'll be my turn to say that?
I can say the same thing about learning how many local furs I know are babyfurs after going to RainFurrest. Appearantly the Seattle area has the largest concertration of babyfurs in the fandom.
Mind you I could care less if they are one, since to each their own. But it does throw you for a loop when you hear and see something like that.

Hedge

I usually can take most details about my friends, but there are things I'd never want to know about them. Not because I judge them, but because I'm just not sure what to do with that information and how it's relevant.

CHEEZMO™;138245158 said:
but babyfurs tho

Also.. yeah..

Aurongel

I almost got into a four-pack of the game with a friend at one point. I'm pretty glad I didn't.

I wasn't as lucky as you and I bought the pack last year. The game is a textbook example of taking early access money and then downsizing development to fart out a "v1.0" then forget about it forever.

The Avians are alright though, sky pirates are always cool.

I don't know, they're technically great, but I feel like they veer into the uncanny valley. Especially the second one.

Mmm hmm. That's my kinda impression on these busts, too. Something looks off. Very off. I can't point out exactly why, but I suspect it's the art style and the faces being a bit too...normal.

Hedge

Vera Mundis makes some great armor designs as well, but I'm not really sure the rest of her characters have much personality. Maybe I just have peculiar tastes.

Kevyt

Hello Furry community!

I have a question for all of you; would Geralt of Rivia from the Witcher series be considered a Furry because he's part wolf? I mean he's referred to as the Grey Wolf and he has animal like characteristics. So I'm just wondering what you guys think.

I vote no.

MRfk0nJ.jpg

But more seriously:

There is no real consensus on what is or is not furry, so some might argue that Geralt does constitute at least some kind of furry, albeit on a really kind of fringe, outlier line. But visibly and clearly expressed animal traits are kind of a requirement. I think one should be able to at least point and go 'that dude's a wolf', which Geralt doesn't immediately indicate. In fact, if it wasn't for people calling him wolf, and the wolf necklace, you wouldn't really know anything about any kind of wolf element within him.

I vote no.

MRfk0nJ.jpg

But more seriously:

There is no real consensus on what is or is not furry, so some might argue that Geralt does constitute at least some kind of furry, albeit on a really kind of fringe, outlier line. But visibly and clearly expressed animal traits are kind of a requirement. I think one should be able to at least point and go 'that dude's a wolf', which Geralt doesn't immediately indicate. In fact, if it wasn't for people calling him wolf, and the wolf necklace, you wouldn't really know anything about any kind of wolf element within him.

*nodnod*

(I'll admit, I'm probably OK with anything that stops at about...uh...3.5. Any higher in that scale, and things get WEIRD.)

*goes back to playing Pokémon*

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
Mmm hmm. That's my kinda impression on these busts, too. Something looks off. Very off. I can't point out exactly why, but I suspect it's the art style and the faces being a bit too...normal.

The first and third bust may have a mis-match between the very realistic eyes and the simple, cartoony structure and detail of the heads. The middle bust is least uncanny to me actually, it is a more typical animal-ears-on-normal-human design.

I suppose that mixing realistic and cartoony styles is not a good idea in any media unless it's being deliberately invoked for an effect...

*groan*

I could use some drawing practice from time to time. At least a modelling attempt went OK... working in the 3D space is a bit of a different thing.

Top Bottom