• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FurryGAF |OT| They should have sent a veterinarian

Chuck

Still without luck
huh, new thing FA is doin' I guess

0cc84b8741.png

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
I don't see anything particularly wrong with the Anubis pic, the perspective is proper and the body is turned in a good angle

Gradon

I have never personally identified as a furry and I have a lot of cool fursuit friends and even just furry friends, and well, I never even really thought about anthropomorphic characters either until someone linked me to the gay kemono visual novel "Morenatsu".

I think I love Juuichi. This visual novel is something I never expected myself to like.
I thought I'd post here because this seems to be the only topic I could post about related to it.
I hope I haven't offended anyone at all.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
I don't see anything particularly wrong with the Anubis pic, the perspective is proper and the body is turned in a good angle

The Liefeld effect is being created by the missing right shoulder that should be visible - the character's right. It's a similar mistake with anatomy in perspective that Liefeld made when drawing Cap.

I have never personally identified as a furry and I have a lot of cool fursuit friends and even just furry friends, and well, I never even really thought about anthropomorphic characters either until someone linked me to the gay kemono visual novel "Morenatsu".

I think I love Juuichi. This visual novel is something I never expected myself to like.
I thought I'd post here because this seems to be the only topic I could post about related to it.
I hope I haven't offended anyone at all.
It's fine here :)

Although prepare for onslaught from certain Kouya fans, oho

Boss Doggie

The Liefeld effect is being created by the missing right shoulder that should be visible - the character's right. It's a similar mistake with anatomy in perspective that Liefeld made when drawing Cap.

I thought it was because of the hood (head dress?) thing covering most of his shoulder area.

I thought it was because of the hood (head dress?) thing covering most of his shoulder area.

You should still be able to see something of the right upper arm/shoulder, just because of how the body works. It seems the artist basically started drawing the head, then drew the body down from it, and didn't give much thought to the overall composition - it's a trap a lot of artists fall into often. When you focus on just one element, then another, the two often don't quite match up. Dont get me wrong, it's a good drawing, but to me it will always look weird because of the anatomy screwup. Once you see it, you can't unsee it.

Just realized that I should give drawing a whirl again sooner or later. There's much fun to be had in realizing designs that you previously could only keep in the head.

J-Fr

Hi FurryGAF!
I'm a long time kemono fan, but I have yet to post in this thread.

Fursuits and fursonas aren't really my thing (there doesn't seem to be much interest in France?), but I do love anthropomorphic characters!

Boss Doggie

You should still be able to see something of the right upper arm/shoulder, just because of how the body works. It seems the artist basically started drawing the head, then drew the body down from it, and didn't give much thought to the overall composition - it's a trap a lot of artists fall into often. When you focus on just one element, then another, the two often don't quite match up. Dont get me wrong, it's a good drawing, but to me it will always look weird because of the anatomy screwup. Once you see it, you can't unsee it.

Eh it doesn't bother me much, probably because the Cap one looks far more... uh... weird.

Eh it doesn't bother me much, probably because the Cap one looks far more... uh... weird.

I can get where you're coming from. I do agree with Miktar, the anatomy on that picture is kind of borked, but I do think that can be overlooked depending on the quality of the rest of the picture. I guess you feel that way too; we just aren't quite as sensitive to that as him.

Kater

Banned
Well, I still don't understand what furry really means but anyway, I'm intrigued. Lead me into this world.

I know that I fell in love with a bird guy in Hatoful Boyfriiend and a geeky Wolf boy in Morenatsu (which I played after someone mentioned it in another OT community on here). I also really liked Kharjo (Skyrim NPC and potential follower).

Oh, and hello FurryGAF.

Kater

Banned
Well, it gets more hits / posts than other OTs got. You are one of the more popular as far as I know. At least in the Top 50. :)

Anyway, thanks for the nice welcome.

Read up a few things on wikifur, like Fursonas and so on. Pretty interesting stuff!

Kater

Banned
Welcome aboard, new people!
Thank you. Aeolipile.

I'll try to behave in here. What's everyone doing for Christmas / New Year? I read on wikifur that there are conventions somewhere in America for the last few days of the year.

I personally will just drink a lot and maybe try to get a bit better at drawing.

Top Bottom