• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FurryGAF |OT| They should have sent a veterinarian

There doesn't really seem to be any meets, or even really that many furries, in Massachusetts, unfortunately. At least that I know of.

Hey, I'm in Massachusetts too (just outside Boston)—so there's at least 2 of us. :p

There is at least one local convention, but I haven't been so I don't know much about it. There's also a group on Meetup as well.

Foxyone

Hey, I'm in Massachusetts too (just outside Boston)—so there's at least 2 of us. :p

There is at least one local convention, but I haven't been so I don't know much about it. There's also a group on Meetup as well.

I live in a small town near Worcester, although I'm in Amherst to the west for college. 20,000 students here though; you'd think it wouldn't be too hard to find some furries :/

I live in a small town near Worcester, although I'm in Amherst to the west for college. 20,000 students here though; you'd think it wouldn't be too hard to find some furries :/

Hrm. No on-campus groups or anything like that? It seems really, really unlikely that there would be no other furries in a college-aged group of that size. (Whether they know others exist is a different question.)

Foxyone

Hrm. No on-campus groups or anything like that? It seems really, really unlikely that there would be no other furries in a college-aged group of that size. (Whether they know others exist is a different question.)

There's gotta be some somewhere, but they aren't easy to find; there's almost nothing regarding furries and the area. I've toyed with the idea of trying to make a facebook group or something though.

There's gotta be some somewhere, but they aren't easy to find; there's almost nothing regarding furries and the area. I've toyed with the idea of trying to make a facebook group or something though.

There are furries in Belarus.. which seems to me (I've never been!) to be an oppressive and depressing place to live.. so if they're open there, they probably are in your area, too!

You should start your facebook.. and maybe FurAffinity?

Foxyone

There are furries in Belarus.. which seems to me (I've never been!) to be an oppressive and depressing place to live.. so if they're open there, they probably are in your area, too!

You should start your facebook.. and maybe FurAffinity?

I did actually manage to find a few people from MA on Furaffinity, although mostly over to the east. I got a minor teasing though because apparently threads for furs in certain locations are pretty common. While there was actually one person pretty close to where I normally live, still seems like a ghost town over to the west.

Yeah this is a bit late, but I've been busy with stuff after RainFurrest. Though all in all RainFurrest was a blast for me, got to met a lot of new people, from locals to people from other places of the country or even the world. It was also great to just be myself and not have hide who I really am and just be me, a big fluffy blue and white wuffy heheh :3.
Here are pictures I took during the con....
By8p91sCQAIm1Og.jpg
By8qeWhCIAAytII.jpg

By8qeuqCMAAXXjE.jpg
By8reLECAAA5kVM.jpg:large
Various fursuits I took pictures of, all very cute, awesome, or adorable.

I did go to a few events while there, the opening ceremony which was fun, and then the Saturday variety show, featuring various acts like GoH PepperCoyote, Fox Amoore, Alexander James Adams, and many others. It was a good time, though maybe a bit too much music for a variety show, but hey it was still good

Here's some of the goodies I got at the con (and thankfully did not get con crud :D) from the dealer's den or artist alley
BykYkotIAAAlRgR.jpg

A Bakuman art piece by Kiriska
BykYky9IMAA4FRX.jpg
BywS9N2IQAAMk9J.jpg:large

(Left) By Laura Garabedian (Right) By HR Potter
BzaA7GwCMAA8IZ5.jpg

BzaA7O2CQAIrrCL.jpg

PepperCoyote CD signed by him
And did buy something for my con roomie as a gift to him since it was so him and the artist was discontinuing selling the certain piece so hey good deal.
All in all it was a good time and excited for next year, can't wait.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
It's the face.

It's like a cute puppy dog so the bara is less off-putting.

He's just soft and cuddly looking.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
unless of course null sorta cleans and finishes it

he also has another arcanine art but it's very suggestive and I can't post it because this is a christian board

though knowing you guys you probably have seen it p:

CHEEZMO™;133806992 said:
also lols I just found this

LjLKpym.jpg

I'm about ~1ft out of frame lol

Haha, that's cute :)
At RainFurrest, we had a couple who was staying at Hilton while the con was going on and were like we were gonna leave to go somewhere but we want to stay to see all the adorable fursuits and all.

Chuck

Still without luck
So I guess I'm a furry too.

But I was evidently unaware of this until quite recently and I don't know how to proceed.

What should I do?

maybe check out some local fur meets if you're social like that, or find some people (like us) to chat with about furry stuff!

Dachande

So I guess I'm a furry too.

But I was evidently unaware of this until quite recently and I don't know how to proceed.

What should I do?

Get an FA account (or Weasyl, or Sofurry, or all of them), follow artists you like, enjoy the art!

Further optional steps include: stopping by the FurryGAF IRC (#neogaf on irc.furnet.org), coming up with a character/fursona for shits and giggles, and going to real-life meetups. That's kinda about it! It is what you make of it.

Top Bottom