• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FurryGAF |OT| They should have sent a veterinarian

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
dat latest Buddy Fight upgrade

holy shit they really know about furries, err scalies, being into the show, that Bal Dragon's new upgrade

Übermatik;207701633 said:
I never thanked you all for your responses, so thank-you! I snatched the info right outta your hands and made off into the night, as needs must. So apologies.

In return, here's some kewl alternative universe(?) Tracy Butler artwork that sees her loveable Lackadaisy cats take on a canine form:

I forgot about Lackadaisy, I really should catch up on the comic.

Those are some really good redesigns either way.

Wanderer5

Got this guy ready to be paid for.

FIGURE-014263.jpg

Love Sherlock Hound, and I think they did a great job with him and the car. Looking forward to his arrival.

Bsx0D0iCMAAH3Vb.jpg

brian577

Banned
In August I'm going to Rocky Mountain Fur Con in Denver. This will be my first furry con and I'm a little nervous. I've been to a couple pop culture conventions but I have a feeling this is going to be a bit different.

What exactly can I expect and what is the best way to meet people?

The_Kid

Uhhhh, well RMFC is the 9th largest I think? Around there somewhere. So I'd expect a bit of people but not hallways crowded with people. Anthrocon is about 6000 people compared to RMFC's 1500.

As for meeting people? Well typically I use cons to meet people I talk to online, otherwise I like... wander the con and go to game rooms and junk. I'd honestly try to go to some panels or some of the open parties if you want to meet people there.

This is just my own experience, but furry cons are much more social than other types of cons. People meet from all over and hang out and party, whereas the panels and activities that people typically go to other cons for, are ignored more often. But the people who are actually at the panels and con activities probably aren't in their own clique and are more approachable? I don't know, that's just the vibe I get from the cons I go to.

Also! Volunteer! You'll get free crap and meet people who like helping out conventions and spend plenty of time with them.

brian577

Banned
Uhhhh, well RMFC is the 9th largest I think? Around there somewhere. So I'd expect a bit of people but not hallways crowded with people. Anthrocon is about 6000 people compared to RMFC's 1500.

As for meeting people? Well typically I use cons to meet people I talk to online, otherwise I like... wander the con and go to game rooms and junk. I'd honestly try to go to some panels or some of the open parties if you want to meet people there.

This is just my own experience, but furry cons are much more social than other types of cons. People meet from all over and hang out and party, whereas the panels and activities that people typically go to other cons for, are ignored more often. But the people who are actually at the panels and con activities probably aren't in their own clique and are more approachable? I don't know, that's just the vibe I get from the cons I go to.

Also! Volunteer! You'll get free crap and meet people who like helping out conventions and spend plenty of time with them.

Thanks! The social aspect is definitely something I want to focus on. I've very interested in any panels concerning writing, character design and fursuiting since I intend to come back next year with a suit and hope to be able to expand on my fursona's backstory. What cons have you attended?

Hop

That girl in the bunny hat
In August I'm going to Rocky Mountain Fur Con in Denver. This will be my first furry con and I'm a little nervous. I've been to a couple pop culture conventions but I have a feeling this is going to be a bit different.

What exactly can I expect and what is the best way to meet people?

Well, I'll be there, so I'm one person you can meet and hang with. And since the Coyotls are there this year I'm sure I'll run into other writers, and then they'll have friends to hang with... eventually you just end up with this amorphous posse.

The_Kid

Thanks! The social aspect is definitely something I want to focus on. I've very interested in any panels concerning writing, character design and fursuiting since I intend to come back next year with a suit and hope to be able to expand on my fursona's backstory. What cons have you attended?

I do BLFC, MFF, and a local con. First year at MFF had a ton of downtime because I didn't really know anyone, but it gets better every year.

I dunno. I think he genuinely likes the show. But maybe not lol. Regardless his last avatar shall be missed.

Also I never commented on how cute that Sherlock Hound figure upthread is. Adorable.

Hop

Anyone else gonna be at RMFC? I'm trying to not do so much con time alone, it kinda sucks :/

Hop

As I mentioned I'll be there. If you wanna hang out just let me know.

In other news, finally got myself a proper furry avatar.

And hey, who needs to plan and coordinate interaction when you've got Long John Silvers. :)

So for those not familiar with Eric Schwartz (EWS), he's the guy who has been creating Sabrina Online, a monthly webcomic about an Amiga OS-preffered skunkgirl. There are other works by him but they're NSFW so, obviously, I can't talk about them here. He's still around, mind you.

As of yesterday, however,
he has officially ended the series after 20 long years, but states there will be other side stories with all of the characters in the series.

Here is what he has to say:

'Sabrina Online' first appeared on the web on September 15, 1996. It seemed fitting to bring the strip to a close twenty years to the day later, ending with a bang (of sorts) rather than keeping the strip plodding along month to month indefinitely without any focus or goal. I want to thank all of Sabrina's readers and fans out there, whether you've been there from the start or discovered the strip more recently. You all are the power that helped me keep the comic rolling as long as it has. While all good things must end, Sabrina, R.C., Zig Zag, Amy, and everyone else are not gone. It's only the regular monthly strip that is completed, but new stories and works from the Sabrina-verse will pop up from time to time. Just drop by for news and info, whether on this site, Furaffinity, or elsewhere. Thanks again to everyone. I can only hope you enjoyed the two-decade ride anywhere near as much as I did. - Eric W. Schwartz

Wulfric

That bump lol. Glad to see this thread is still alive.

That's a really cute idea. It'd be so distracting while doing homework though! >_<

Hop

For those who haven't tried the community's writing yet, the Furry Writer's Guild is doing a "Furry Book Month" event. A lot of publishers and authors are putting their books on sale as part of it. (Shameless self-promotion: my own book is down to $2 from $5 for the month.)

I'll probably use this as a chance to get stuff from the other authors I'll be doing Midwest FurFest panels with. Because, yeah, I talked my way onto a couple MFF writing panels. &#128048;

Nepenthe

Just giving a quick hi to my fellow Furs in here. I tend to draw basic rough artwork, such as this quickie for OC October:

1475476041.blizshadow_2016_10_02_alflyball.png

I also make and perform in fursuits! This was my first commission (original concept; colors changed by commissioner):

nepenthe-dencer-the-dog.png

So that's me. Hello!

Wulfric

That's a cute suit! The bright green reminds me of Splatoon. It must be nice not having to wear to wear a full suit too.

Quick survey, is anyone going to Midwest Furfest? I'd really like to go but I've never been to a con before. It's only an hour drive, but I don't know how it'll go... :/

The_Kid

Just giving a quick hi to my fellow Furs in here. I tend to draw basic rough artwork, such as this quickie for OC October:

I also make and perform in fursuits! This was my first commission (original concept; colors changed by commissioner):

1451500722.blizshadowfursuits_2015_12_29_dencercollage.png

So that's me. Hello!

Nepentheeeeeeeeee. There you are. It's Streaks. :)

That's a cute suit! The bright green reminds me of Splatoon. It must be nice not having to wear to wear a full suit too.

Quick survey, is anyone going to Midwest Furfest? I'd really like to go but I've never been to a con before. It's only an hour drive, but I don't know how it'll go... :/

I go every year, it's probably my favorite con. So much to do, a mall and food within walking distance. Would definitely go!

1451500722.blizshadowfursuits_2015_12_29_dencercollage.png

So that's me. Hello!

Welcome! I rarely check in here as there's been a lack of activity here, and it being updated made me start to take a look here.

Maybe soon everyone will be back :p

(Maybe I should post more here too)

(I can't see either of the direct-link images, and I think they're different from the actual URL links.)

Wulfric

Aww, turns out I have to work that weekend in December. Would it still be worth it to go for Thursday/Friday? I'm mostly interested in the artist alley and getting a fursona/badge commissioned.

Who's ready for this hunk? Swole Litten is giving Blaziken a run for his money

R28e1LB.jpg

Nepenthe

^^ Thank you! That bright green was probably my favorite. It's a lovely color in real life.

And yeah; partials are definitely easier on the heat side of things, but I still want the experience of wearing the full thing...with padding. So, gunning for an Autumnfallings once I get my money up, and gonna make a fan suit for FWA next year. ;)

Nepentheeeeeeeeee. There you are. It's Streaks. :)

STREEEAAAAKS! Nice to see you here too. xD

Welcome! I rarely check in here as there's been a lack of activity here, and it being updated made me start to take a look here.

Maybe soon everyone will be back :p

(Maybe I should post more here too)

(I can't see either of the direct-link images, and I think they're different from the actual URL links.)

Hello! And yes, more activity would be a good thing.

And thanks for that heads up; FA hotlinking is frikkin' weird. Replaced it with the Weasyl image which will hopefully stick. xP

On the subject of Pokemon, I'm a Rowlet fan. It's so badass, and has the advantage of not having the potential to be part fighting. 8'D:

410.jpg

Look at this swaggy motherfucker.

Hello! And yes, more activity would be a good thing.

And thanks for that heads up; FA hotlinking is frikkin' weird. Replaced it with the Weasyl image which will hopefully stick. xP

On the subject of Pokemon, I'm a Rowlet fan. It's so badass, and has the advantage of not having the potential to be part fighting. 8'D:

410.jpg

Look at this swaggy motherfucker.

Still can't see them for some reason, re-host or link to the pages instead of directly?

I'm a Rowlet fan myself, but it still has to eclipse Noivern. :)

Top Bottom