• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FUSE |OT| 4 Players, 1 Co-op

Surface of Me

I'm not an NPC. And neither are we.
Demo was really fun, but I don't know anyone getting and could already tell it would be 10x better with buddies.

Resilient

Will pick this up, but when the price lowers. Been hankering for some co-op fun so might try and coax my buddies to pick it up with me.

Warn? The demo is free to everyone, people can make up their own minds.

Trolls.

What about those that don't have access to the demo? Some people don't like it and it's important that those impressions are shared, as are the positive ones. If you're upset about others shooting positive opinions down, take action with them. But don't call me out as a troll when I've done nothing of the sort. You're allowed to like the game, as others are allowed to dislike it. That does not make them trolls.

8byte

Banned
Will pick this up, but when the price lowers. Been hankering for some co-op fun so might try and coax my buddies to pick it up with me.

What about those that don't have access to the demo? Some people don't like it and it's important that those impressions are shared, as are the positive ones. If you're upset about others shooting positive opinions down, take action with them. But don't call me out as a troll when I've done nothing of the sort. You're allowed to like the game, as others are allowed to dislike it. That does not make them trolls.

People who don't have access? Show me a GAF member who's system isn't connected to the Internet, and I'll show you a unicorn.

Resilient

People who don't have access? Show me a GAF member who's system isn't connected to the Internet, and I'll show you a unicorn.

Bandwidth issues? Connection issues? Can't afford Wi-Fi adapter? Location of console too far from router? Too lazy to download? Would rather read opinions from people they trust and respect?

Posters should be allowed to share their negative opinions of the game without being labelled trolls. It's not fair. I'm not gonna derail this any further, so I'm done.

8byte

Banned
Bandwidth issues? Connection issues? Can't afford Wi-Fi adapter? Location of console too far from router? Too lazy to download? Would rather read opinions from people they trust and respect?

Posters should be allowed to share their negative opinions of the game without being labelled trolls. It's not fair. I'm not gonna derail this any further, so I'm done.

Posting a "period" quoting a troll post, or "the other thread was better" isn't being informative. Neither are posts that include very vague descriptions of opinions. No sympathy on my end. Thus far, those who have played it and enjoyed it have been far more informative and constructive than those who have simply posted "didn't do anything for me".

If you want to be taken seriously, post something worthy of serious discussion. Until then, in my eyes, you're just posting for "the lulz" and "trolling".

Posting a "period" quoting a troll post, or "the other thread was better" isn't being informative. Neither are posts that include very vague descriptions of opinions. No sympathy on my end. Thus far, those who have played it and enjoyed it have been far more informative and constructive than those who have simply posted "didn't do anything for me".

If you want to be taken seriously, post something worthy of serious discussion. Until then, in my eyes, you're just posting for "the lulz" and "trolling".

Real talk, you need to stop being so sensitive about this. People are going to have opinions on video games in a video game forum and you just need to let it go sometimes.

Card Boy

Banned

What the heck is wrong with you? Have you got afew screws loose upstairs?

janisar

Neo Member
A found out something quite nice about controlling different team members. It's not story related, but I put it in a spoiler tag just to make it sure.

You will see some character based flashbacks only if you control the affected team member at the time he/she has it.
And if you're controlling another member at that time, you see your comrade having hallucinations.

Loudninja

A found out something quite nice about controlling different team members. It's not story related, but I put it in a spoiler tag just to make it sure.

You will see some character based flashbacks only if you control the affected team member at the time he/she has it.
And if you're controlling another member at that time, you see your comrade having hallucinations.
Heh that is cool.

Toppot

Preordered and eagerly awaiting its delivery (Stupid UK release date of 31st =[)

I'm gonna try going through the game solo at first to enjoy the story, then co-op, co-op, co-op!

Alienous

Now THAT is cool. I was wondering why a game hadn't done that yet. It would be cool to have a CO-OP shooter where you have a to coax a partner out of their hallucinations, by telling them what is and isn't real. Instead, from what I saw in FUSE, the team have a shared hallucination.

Also, on the point of the game being more fun CO-OP, every game is that way. Even if the game is bad, you can have fun when you and your CO-OP partners react to how bad it is. Although, if I had to commit to a character, it would have to be Naya. The moments of sleuthing were something I enjoyed from the demo.

I didn't bother playing the demo because it wanted me to create an Origin account and I just was not in the mood. Don't put barriers to entry in your marketing. (Yeah I know there was an offline mode hidden somewhere I couldn't find it)

It's like putting an ad before a ad on YouTube. You get about 4 seconds patience from me in 2013.

Resilient

Excuse me? I did none of what you just said. As a matter of fact I was trying discuss until you jumped down my throat and told me to stop trolling. Who are you to judge whether what I am saying is serious discussion or not? Wait. I think I know the answer to that question.

FUSE is going to be Insomniac Games best piece of software yet. I can't wait to enjoy all the different and unique gameplay experiences it will have to offer. In fact, it's going to be the only game I buy all year. I'll likely buy it twice. I may go so far as to rent advertising space on a billboard so I can plaster "Resilient recommends FUSE!", so that we can all enjoy this game that I have yet to play has to offer.

Can't remember if I asked this in the other thread or here. But what's the situation for DLC with this game?

The_Monk

I know this may not make any sense but my final purchasing decision (1 or 2 Copies) will be decided on whether I will get an answer from Mucudadada & jstevenson on my GAF PM's or my Tweets (one of them answered already). I will wait until the release day to see if they answer me back regarding my letter (posted in the unboxing FUSE thread, thank you all for the kind PM's I got regarding what I wrote by the way).

I really hope they can at least give some sort of answer just for respect & kindness to their fans.

--

With that being said this game is the game to grab a couple of friends and get some action going after a tiring day at work. Going to be nice to chill out with your friends.

By the way nice thread fellow GAFfer, simple and Clean. ;)

batbeg

Oh my god I hadn't seen that coverart joke, that's hilarious. I haven't checked out the demo yet but I have a strong urge to grab this.

I miss this
overstrike11.gif

Lombax

Banned
I know the game is not out yet, but has there been any word on if this is coming to the PC..oh wait its an EA game so that means origin. Damn I'm never going to play this.

vazel

Banned
Excuse me? I did none of what you just said. As a matter of fact I was trying discuss until you jumped down my throat and told me to stop trolling. Who are you to judge whether what I am saying is serious discussion or not? Wait. I think I know the answer to that question.

FUSE is going to be Insomniac Games best piece of software yet. I can't wait to enjoy all the different and unique gameplay experiences it will have to offer. In fact, it's going to be the only game I buy all year. I'll likely buy it twice. I may go so far as to rent advertising space on a billboard so I can plaster "Resilient recommends FUSE!", so that we can all enjoy this game that I have yet to play has to offer.

Can't remember if I asked this in the other thread or here. But what's the situation for DLC with this game?
Good thing you got all that hate out of your system man, it's not healthy.
happy.gif

Now we can party in this thread.
raise.gif
I'm gonna be watching twitch.tv streams of this game. Because watching people play is better than playing games myself.
reading.gif

Skidd

oh wait its an EA game so that means origin. Damn I'm never going to play this.
Is Origin a sin or something? Also, is it too much trouble to ask for people to log into another account besides your PSN/XBL, when it doesn't even affect gameplay?

vazel

Banned
Is Origin a sin or something? Also, is it too much trouble to ask for people to log into another account besides your PSN/XBL, when it doesn't even affect gameplay?
No one likes multiple accounts. Just ask MGO, man.

Oh wait, you can't. MGO is dead.
omg.gif

Skidd

No one likes multiple accounts. Just ask MGO, man.

Oh wait, you can't. MGO is dead.
omg.gif
I tried MGO with MGS4. But even then, I remember that being exceptionally bad. Here it's 3-4 seconds of extra loading when you boot the game, then you're done.

Logging into my email takes more effort. But sure, if origins goes down at some point, preventing online play, then I'll say this was a terrible mistake. But until then.

wonzo

Banned

lol

Riposte

I was turned off when I heard it features a bunch of leveling mechanics. Skill-trees and whatnot. I'll play it maybe, if redbox has it.

Skidd

I was turned off when I heard it features a bunch of leveling mechanics. Skill-trees and whatnot. I'll play it maybe, if redbox has it.
Insomniac was one of the first developers to introduce RPG elements in their action oriented games. They've been doing it for 10 years now, you don't suppose they'd suddenly just stop ;)

eot

Banned
Now THAT is cool. I was wondering why a game hadn't done that yet. It would be cool to have a CO-OP shooter where you have a to coax a partner out of their hallucinations, by telling them what is and isn't real. Instead, from what I saw in FUSE, the team have a shared hallucination.

Also, on the point of the game being more fun CO-OP, every game is that way. Even if the game is bad, you can have fun when you and your CO-OP partners react to how bad it is. Although, if I had to commit to a character, it would have to be Naya. The moments of sleuthing were something I enjoyed from the demo.

Didn't Dead Space 3 do pretty much the same thing?

janisar

Neo Member
Impressions update: FUSE is a lot of fun.
Story is not very special (I guess I'm somewhere in the middle of the game) and lacks a bit of personality. Still, it keeps you engaged and there are some fun conversations between the team members. I doubt that it will get more interesting story wise...

But the combat is so much fun, that I actually don't care about anything else. :D I would have liked more "standard" weapons, but you can always switch to another character if you prefer another playstyle. The shooting mechanics and special weapons are just great. As your abilities are updated, the game gives enough possibilities to change things up. And of course you go through all the standard 3rd person shooter situations we know and love/hate (defend position while you wait for the elevator...) but there is enough variation so that it keeps things fresh. Your team members use their powers too, so that you can rely on them during fights.

Controls are very tight. It's more gears than uncharted, also regarding gameplay, because you barely have climbing/platforming sections and there are no puzzles. You walk, take cover and shoot, nothing else.

The game looks very good (for a console game). At times there is so much going on, without any slow downs, that it's quite impressive. In a positive sense, you see that it's a game at the end of this generation.

I read so many negative things here, I hope people give this game a chance. For me it's almost like Far Cry 3, where the gameplay is so good, that I don't care that everything else isn't very unique. I still hope the story has some twists, otherwise I'm surprised how much fun I'm having.

8byte

Banned

I should clarify, that I wasn't trying to suggest you were trolling, rather, that the individuals who are clearly in this thread to "make fun" were trolling. I don't mind negative opinions, they're necessary. I also don't believe, however, that it is anyone's civic duty to "warn" people, specifically when you're speaking to something as subjective as the enjoyment of a video game. That's really silly, no two ways about it, IMO. There are also a fair number of people who came into this thread specifically with the intent to troll, making posts like "The other OP was better", and some people making thinly veiled jabs at me. It's just stupid.

As for DLC, there is none day one, and I don't believe any is planned. I could be wrong though, we'll have to wait and see for an official statement I suppose.

When are the reviews due out for this?

Since it's an EA game, they'll probably be embargoed until release day.

Character design looks very 1990's.

I was thinking this as well, would have been cool if it had some of that 90s attitude.

I don't believe redbox has it.

Controls are very tight. It's more gears than uncharted, also regarding gameplay, because you barely have climbing/platforming sections and there are no puzzles. You walk, take cover and shoot, nothing else.
Seems like a missed opportunity to put mild platforming in a game and keep it completely segregated from the combat encounters. From what I played in the demo I would've appreciated more verticality in the battles.

hmm did not enjoy demo but I only played a single character, the swap mechanic was likely to blame now I think about it (I should have switched to the shield guy)

Will probably give it a second chance given the goodwill they built up with me for the ratchets and R3

RoKKeR

So putting all of the shit aside, the actual gameplay was a lot of fun, and great in co-op.

I noticed some input lag in the demo...hoping that gets worked out for the final release.

Looking for a good price and I might try and convince a buddy to pick it up with me.

8byte

Banned
Seems like a missed opportunity to put mild platforming in a game and keep it completely segregated from the combat encounters. From what I played in the demo I would've appreciated more verticality in the battles.

This! So much this.

Thanks for the OT, hope it's fun with a buddy.

Thanks. It's fun with friends, but considerably more fun in Echelon mode. The difficulty scales with the number of players, so playing solo and playing with friends are, I thought, pretty unique to one another.

8byte

Banned
So putting all of the shit aside, the actual gameplay was a lot of fun, and great in co-op.

I noticed some input lag in the demo...hoping that gets worked out for the final release.

Looking for a good price and I might try and convince a buddy to pick it up with me.

Initially, I thought there was input lag as well, but there actually isn't. There is a delay with movement, but that's almost certainly to add "weight". All other actions are instant (test it out yourself). Shooting, aiming, interacting with objects, etc. When you sprint movement is instant, where as it is slow when walking.

Loudninja

PS3 version for me.
Well that's me you and Grave so far.

Impressions update: FUSE is a lot of fun.
Story is not very special (I guess I'm somewhere in the middle of the game) and lacks a bit of personality. Still, it keeps you engaged and there are some fun conversations between the team members. I doubt that it will get more interesting story wise...

But the combat is so much fun, that I actually don't care about anything else. :D I would have liked more "standard" weapons, but you can always switch to another character if you prefer another playstyle. The shooting mechanics and special weapons are just great. As your abilities are updated, the game gives enough possibilities to change things up. And of course you go through all the standard 3rd person shooter situations we know and love/hate (defend position while you wait for the elevator...) but there is enough variation so that it keeps things fresh. Your team members use their powers too, so that you can rely on them during fights.

The game looks very good (for a console game). At times there is so much going on, without any slow downs, that it's quite impressive. In a positive sense, you see that it's a game at the end of this generation.

I read so many negative things here, I hope people give this game a chance. For me it's almost like Far Cry 3, where the gameplay is so good, that I don't care that everything else isn't very unique. I still hope the story has some twists, otherwise I'm surprised how much fun I'm having.
Thanks for the impressions.

Top Bottom